Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been up awhile but I think it may have been part of the NYE updates rolled out yesterday (not really sure), but some nice long hours for NYE for some various Poly offerings:

Tambu Lounge
12/23-12/30 3pm-12am
12/31 - 3pm-1am

Barefoot Pool Bar
12/31 - 11am-1am

Pineapple Lanai
12/31 - 10am-1am

Captain Cook’s
12/31 - 7am-1am

I have to wonder what things will be like come spring as they move over towards Hawaii, Somoa, Rorotonga, etc - towards the DVC side of the resort. I’m a little worried the longhouse work is going to be a bit more in your face/obtrusive by that point. Right now it’s just “off to the side” and you only really see/hear things if you walk to GF. We were at WL a couple of weeks ago (where they are working on the resort side rooms) and there were a few times where it was pretty darn noisy out by the pool - they had the balcony windows open on the rooms they were working on.

I like your last point, definitely have some time to monitor and see how things go. Most resorts/room types are in little danger of filling to capacity, so that takes some pressure off having to make decisions to some extent.

I had a thought about moving to a DVC studio as well for our trip the end of next May and am on the side of “monitoring the situation”. A lot can change between now and then.

My head says to change our trip to a GF/YC split but my heart can’t take the idea of not being at the Poly when I turn 40. The other half does not care and is firmly on the side of “just happy to be there”.

Can I ask where he got it? I saw some twitter posts a few weeks ago about a surplus furniture store somewhere in central FL that had some Poly furniture. I meant to look it up when I was there Thanksgiving week to go check it out but it slipped my mind. Doh!

Sorry this is super delayed, he got it from Forever Vintage! It’s a store about 45 minutes from Disney!

Some news yesterday on the Villas side came from the DVC Condo Assoc meeting. Poly Villas and Grand Floridian Villas soft goods refurbishments were bumped up and are currently scheduled to be completed in 2021. From availability changes yesterday, it appears that the Poly soft refurb may occur in May/June.

Some news yesterday on the Villas side came from the DVC Condo Assoc meeting. Poly Villas and Grand Floridian Villas soft goods refurbishments were bumped up and are currently scheduled to be completed in 2021. From availability changes yesterday, it appears that the Poly soft refurb may occur in May/June.

Thanks for this...I guess that seals it for us at the Poly next year. :(

Thanks for this...I guess that seals it for us at the Poly next year. :(
I actually thought of your trip when I noticed this—I’ve been rooting for you guys to get your special trip. There hasn’t been an announcement made about the timeframe, but yesterday a large chunk of availability appears to be blocked out for all Poly Villa categories for most of May and June (where previously there was full availability) so it looks like that’s their target.

At least on the cash booking side if I did my searching correctly, seems like it’s not bookable Sunday 5/16-Friday 6/25, so a full six weeks.

What I’m seeing is approx from May 9-June 19 across the villa categories. Now again, nothing official has been announced other than the soft goods refurbishment will be done in 2021 and they may honor bookings already made and do them a building at a time or something like that, but with the resort side closed too it will be pretty empty if they do it that way.

I’ve never stayed in a studio villa at Poly before - are the rooms generally in need of a soft goods refurb? I guess it has been 5 years now that I think about it. Time flies!

I actually thought of your trip when I noticed this—I’ve been rooting for you guys to get your special trip. There hasn’t been an announcement made about the timeframe, but yesterday a large chunk of availability appears to be blocked out for all Poly Villa categories for most of May and June (where previously there was full availability) so it looks like that’s their target.

Thanks for thinking of us. Looking at the bright side, at least we will be next door at the GF and will be able to walk over and hang out with our favorite drinks/snacks.

We are thinking about our plans for the 50th anniversary weekend. We booked CR for then as soon as it first became available, but it's a CL reservation and we are not sure we will end up keeping it if CL's not available. We really don't want to end up being shunted to BLT...if we can't be in the main tower we don't want to stay at CR tbh. Mostly we booked it for the ease of access to MK and the resort, and being able to watch fireworks from the lounge. Depending on how CL bookings will be handled, we may just switch to Poly...everything should be done by then and even though it's a much longer walk, we would be fine with it.

I’ve never stayed in a studio villa at Poly before - are the rooms generally in need of a soft goods refurb? I guess it has been 5 years now that I think about it. Time flies!
We stayed in some studios in Tokelau over the last couple of years. Honestly, I thought they were in far better shape than the resort rooms. I also really liked the color scheme with cheerful pops of red. I have wondered if they will change the cute little Lilo and Stitch mural on the small pull down bed to Moana. My daughter loves the Lilo and Stitch mural so that would make her sad. Borrowed pic (not mine) to show what the studios look like...

I would not expect Disney to allow you to make a change to another hotel since you are on a price protected reschedule offer. You indicated you were already "upgraded" to the Polynesian.

It can't hurt to ask but I would not expect a further modification to your reservation. What resort were you originally booked at since by April there will be multiple resorts open in every resort category?

Dave
Wilderness Lodge Nature View, regular rooms and that was closed too! I really wanted to stay there, but when they offered Poly I jumped at the chance. They ended up closing the main resort anyways. I thought about Copper Creek 🤷🏻‍♀️ Something about the rooms dont excite me as much

We have Poly Villas planned for last week of April. We booked pre-refurb announcement. We have a reduced rate bc we were price protected from a Covid cancellation. Its our first trip to Disney & i was over the moon to get “upgraded” to Poly. Should i look into a different resort if Poly is being worked on, or still worth it to stay there even during refurb?
We were there right as the construction started (our last day was the first one with the check-in at Pago Pago. We still loved it. Capt Cooks and Kona are still open. Barefoot bar is open. And with the resort rooms closed. You will have no problems finding chaises at the pool and much shorter waits at Capt Cooks for food. The DVC rooms are a ways from the GCH so unless you are on the west side of Tokelau you probably wont hear construction noise at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter