Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - we are booked in a standard view room. As every one else requests, I'd like a 3rd floor balcony or first floor patio. The unusual part is my son is on the spectrum and obsessed with the monorail so we actually WANT a monorail view room.

For those that have had one, is it particularly noisy? Which would be better noise-wise, 3rd floor or first? Any recommendations? (other than keeping the curtains closed at night to prevent providing a show to the monorail riders)
We stayed with a monorail view at Raratonga, and loved it. Not noisy at all. The kids enjoyed watching it come and go. We had a balcony. However, if you want to avoid it, room request Fiji--its standard.

DW and I just received a discount code for this holiday season and are looking into staying at Poly. Is it true that the only King rooms Poly has are standard view only? I was just curious because we will not be going to the parks and would like to have a nice view in our room, but the double queen bed rooms are a deal breaker for DW. Also for those who have stayed in a King bed room, what should I be requesting when contacting Disney about room requests. We would want something on the 3rd floor that does not have a parking lot view.
What exactly do you mean by "deal breaker"? What happens if you get one? Because they are by and large the dominant bed arrangement and odds are great that is what you'll get. Just so you do realize that a King bed is not guaranteed at a Deluxe resort.
If you must have King, and Queen truly is a "deal breaker" you need to book a King room at a Mod.

Is it true that the only King rooms Poly has are standard view only? I was just curious because we will not be going to the parks and would like to have a nice view in our room, but the double queen bed rooms are a deal breaker for DW.
You really should consider another resort that offers a King bedding option as an actual booking category. Select Disney Moderates and the Swan & Dolphin offer King bedding as a confirmed selection.

Dave

I'm pretty sure that is what our son will do. I'm actually a little nervous that he'll want to sit on the balcony and watch the monorail all day and not want to go to the parks! :rotfl2:
Try using the TouringPlans.com room request fax service. I've used it with great success. I also use the fax to explain exactly what I am looking for and I think in you case that would be extremely helpful

You really should consider another resort that offers a King bedding option as an actual booking category. Select Disney Moderates and the Swan & Dolphin offer King bedding as a confirmed selection.

Dave

While the Swan & Dolphin may offer it as a booking category--I know from experience that you may not receive the booked bedding. We have been placed at Dolphin on two separate occasions in a full/full bed option, with apologies, of course. :sad2:

All of Samoa is Pool View. None of Samoa is Standard.
Several longhouses have 0 Standard View rooms.
I would think some longhouses that appear to be pool or lagoon view only would have some have obstructed views, no? They appear to sell quite a few SV rooms, so I would think are strewn about rather than all one or two Long houses.

I have no idea what Long house to request. I don’t want nor need a view I didn’t pay for I just want good location, central. My TA only had SV otherwise I would have upgraded. No big deal but I’m truly confused on which long houses I’m “allowed” to request

I would think some longhouses that appear to be pool or lagoon view only would have some have obstructed views, no? They appear to sell quite a few SV rooms, so I would think are strewn about rather than all one or two Long houses.

I have no idea what Long house to request. I don’t want nor need a view I didn’t pay for I just want good location, central. My TA only had SV otherwise I would have upgraded. No big deal but I’m truly confused on which long houses I’m “allowed” to request

So, the for-sure no's: Samoa. Tonga. Hawaii. Moorea. Tokelau. Pago Pago. Parts of every other, with the possible exception of Niue (no one is sure) has standard views for standard rooms.

(Moorea, PP and Tokelau are all DVC.)

So, the for-sure no's: Samoa. Tonga. Hawaii. Moorea. Tokelau. Pago Pago. Parts of every other, with the possible exception of Niue (no one is sure) has standard views for standard rooms.

(Moorea, PP and Tokelau are all DVC.)
This helps, thanks! And then of course I come across a blog post review of Poly from last summer saying they had a standard view room booked and wound up in samoa. Damn you Disney why make this so complex :rotfl:

We aren’t worried. The whole resort is gorgeous. I think we are going to request either Fiji or Raratonga.

This helps, thanks! And then of course I come across a blog post review of Poly from last summer saying they had a standard view room booked and wound up in samoa. Damn you Disney why make this so complex :rotfl:

We aren’t worried. The whole resort is gorgeous. I think we are going to request either Fiji or Raratonga.

The switch over to the new Water View category occurred late last year. Last summer, Samoa WAS Standard.

What exactly do you mean by "deal breaker"? What happens if you get one? Because they are by and large the dominant bed arrangement and odds are great that is what you'll get. Just so you do realize that a King bed is not guaranteed at a Deluxe resort.
If you must have King, and Queen truly is a "deal breaker" you need to book a King room at a Mod.
Yes you are absolutely right and that did not occur to me until you had mentioned requesting a room ::facepalm::. Of course every time DW or I book a reservation we request a King room (not sure where my mind was at yesterday). "Deal Breaker" was too strong of wording. I am certain with having the opportunity to stay at Poly, we will be happy no matter what room we have.

Yes you are absolutely right and that did not occur to me until you had mentioned requesting a room ::facepalm::. Of course every time DW or I book a reservation we request a King room (not sure where my mind was at yesterday). "Deal Breaker" was too strong of wording. I am certain with having the opportunity to stay at Poly, we will be happy no matter what room we have.
Gotcha. I know what you mean. DH and I prefer King and request them too. I'd say we are about 40/60 in getting them, Deluxe room wise. As in 40% we do, 60 we don't. It's one of the reasons we don't mind staying at a mod, we know we can get a King room.
We do use King as our only request, nothing else. In your case, you'll want to figure out what is more important, your view or your bed. I have a feeling you'll have to give up one or the other. Unless all the stars and planets align just so. Simply because they have so very few King rooms. And a lot of times, the King rooms are Accessible rooms too. Simply because they do afford the extra space a chair needs.

DW and I just received a discount code for this holiday season and are looking into staying at Poly. Is it true that the only King rooms Poly has are standard view only? I was just curious because we will not be going to the parks and would like to have a nice view in our room, but the double queen bed rooms are a deal breaker for DW. Also for those who have stayed in a King bed room, what should I be requesting when contacting Disney about room requests. We would want something on the 3rd floor that does not have a parking lot view.

Somoa (water view category) has king beds. We were hoping for two beds (3 of us) and we got a king bed and my son didn't want to sleep on the little fold out bed he wanted a big bed! So we ended up switching rooms to the room right across the hall with 2 queen beds. 3616 was the room number with the king bed. Third floor with balcony.

Last edited:
GF also has a king room as a separate booking category. Pricier than the Poly, but it’s a nice view! We had a room next to a king room our first time staying there and loved the view!
I guess technically then, so does BWI, since they have the same type of Deluxe room that is only King bed, the Cottages.

Somoa (water view category) has king beds. We were hoping for double beds (3 of us) and we got a king bed and my son didn't want to sleep on the little fold out bed he wanted a big bed! So we ended up switching rooms to the room right across the hall with 2 double beds. 3616 was the room number with the king bed. Third floor with balcony.

Are the beds at a deluxe resort really double beds? I would have thought that they would at least be Queen size.

So following along the previous posts about a King bed room, can a family of 3 request one? It will be me, my husband and our (soon to be) 9 year old son. We'd prefer a King room -- and our son will sleep on the day bed -- but if we don't get that room type, we're fine too. Our only "deal breaker" is a 2nd floor room without a balcony -- I'd prefer 3rd floor with balcony and will be fine with 1st floor with patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter