Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just butting in my two cents. I love the Fiji building ( always ask for Marina view and have always gotten it) 8 times! I find its location wonderful and the view is great considering it is a standard. To be honest, the noise from the luau have never bothered us. Wherever you decide. Have a magical time.

I have looked time and again at tikiman and touring plans site and always come back to Fiji. So i think that is the one to "request" for our family. However still not sure if 3rd floor would be the main request no matter the building.

How did you put your request in? Do you request a certain floor? Thinking of 3rd floor Marina view as request. I am not a fan of adjoining rooms but not sure to request that as that seriously limits the room possibilities. Of course all of this could be for not as we could get second floor Niue. lol

Hi All-

I'm trying to decide how to word my room requests. I've look at decided we want Fiji- Marina Side-3rd floor- King Bed- Non adjoining room. I know that this is a lot to request so I'm wondering how I should go about requesting this. Should I call and let them know I'd like all of this or do I just pick my top 3 preferences, skip online check in and talk to the front desk at check in? Any advice would be great.

Ok, best advice for making a PPO ADR (8:15am) at Magic Kingdom next Monday (Memorial Day)? Based on the current monorail schedule, it won't start running until after our reservation. Will they have a bus/boat running directly from the resort that early? Or will our best bet be to walk to the TTC and take the large ferry over?
We are here now this morning the monorail started running after 8:30. There was a bus running to the MK from the bus stop for PPO ADRs.

Just watch from the pool

Hmm... going to be there around the 4th and was planning on just making use of the pool all day on the 4th. How packed does the pool get on the 4th? (although now that the pool is fenced in maybe it won't be as bad...)

About how early do you think we'd need to go to the pool?

Well it's hard to say a definitive time -- we have stayed at Poly for the past 5-6 years during the July 4 week. Each year is a bit different as they try to deal with the crowds of people. The pool is a good idea except it gets super crowded on these 2 nights and it's not my personal favorite place to be during the show, but everyone feels differently on that. There are lots of different areas on the Poly grounds to see the show -- even the walkway between Poly and GF is a nice spot. If you are there on July 2, take a walk around the grounds during regular Wishes and you'll be surprised at all the spots that are good to view from.

Hi All-

I'm trying to decide how to word my room requests. I've look at decided we want Fiji- Marina Side-3rd floor- King Bed- Non adjoining room. I know that this is a lot to request so I'm wondering how I should go about requesting this. Should I call and let them know I'd like all of this or do I just pick my top 3 preferences, skip online check in and talk to the front desk at check in? Any advice would be great.
You're making a request, not placing an order. It's unlikely that you will get everything you want, so choose what's most important to you & have a CM add your requests to your reservation, in order of importance, via phone.

Hmm... going to be there around the 4th and was planning on just making use of the pool all day on the 4th. How packed does the pool get on the 4th? (although now that the pool is fenced in maybe it won't be as bad...)

When they had cabanas at the pool, it was awesome for the July 3 and 4 shows! A guaranteed spot. But yes, I think the gates will help a bit, but there will always be those people who find a way to sneak in. Pool gets pretty crowded, can't lie on that. But there are lots of places to view from if the pool doesn't work out!

EDIT: I meant to say "cabanas" at the pool -- not bungalows!!

Last edited:
When they had bungalows at the pool, it was awesome for the July 3 and 4 shows! A guaranteed spot. But yes, I think the gates will help a bit, but there will always be those people who find a way to sneak in. Pool gets pretty crowded, can't lie on that. But there are lots of places to view from if the pool doesn't work out!
I think the pool will be an area that is well-regulated and controlled. The rest might be a bit of a free-for-all

When they had bungalows at the pool, it was awesome for the July 3 and 4 shows! A guaranteed spot. But yes, I think the gates will help a bit, but there will always be those people who find a way to sneak in. Pool gets pretty crowded, can't lie on that. But there are lots of places to view from if the pool doesn't work out!

How about during the day though? Like early-mid afternoon? Is it pretty packed then too?

How about during the day though? Like early-mid afternoon? Is it pretty packed then too?

Last year, it was busy on July 3 and very very busy on the 4. Pretty much from pool open to pool close it was packed with people, but it got worse from about sunset on until fireworks. It did rain and help clear out some people, but I assume that without the rain it would've been pretty cram packed.

Sucks when everyone has the same idea you do! :)

How's the 5th? I can juggle the schedule a little and do Disney Springs on the 4th and then do a pool day on the 5th...

Hi All-

Conventional Disboard Wisdom says to not make more than 3 requests. With all of your requests you are really limiting the number of rooms that would work, and probably confusing the room assigner a bit about what is truly important. Requests are just that, requests. There is no guarantee you will get any of them. Please keep that in mind.

What got more & more crowded? The resort in general or the pool? Frankly, I'm not too happy they don't control non-resort guests and deny access on these days to the resort and beach. But if I find they aren't enforcing the pool access rules, that's going to really annoy me. No way that's fair.

What got more & more crowded? The resort in general or the pool? Frankly, I'm not too happy they don't control non-resort guests and deny access on these days to the resort and beach. But if I find they aren't enforcing the pool access rules, that's going to really annoy me. No way that's fair.
People do sneak into the pool. but I doubt that's the bulk of the issue. You have a fully-booked resort on one of the busiest days of the year, that is also hellishly hot in Florida, and there are crowds everywhere. Many people book Poly these days for the fireworks view from the pool area. So they hang out... at the pool.

That's fine. I understand the pool will be very crowded. I'm not okay with them allowing people to sneak into the pool. I am having a hard time understanding why they do t add some security these two days- a guard enforcing no pool admittance and a few checking people entering the resort and handing out wristbands. It seems it would be pretty easy if they were willing to spend a little money.

We were actually at the pool on July 3 last year but left when it got overly crowded, not sure what the exact time was but it was later in the day. The CM's do try to regulate at the gate entrances but unfortunately people hold the gate for the people behind them and the people behind them, etc. I can't remember if maybe they handed out wristbands last year on the 4th -- I know they had CM's with Ipads who were randomly walking around the pool asking to scan MB's.

The Poly is the ultimate best spot to view the show and I don't blame people for wanting to be there on July 3 and/or July 4, but I agree it's sad when the paying Poly guests can't find a comfortable viewing spot.

We were actually at the pool on July 3 last year but left when it got overly crowded, not sure what the exact time was but it was later in the day. The CM's do try to regulate at the gate entrances but unfortunately people hold the gate for the people behind them and the people behind them, etc. I can't remember if maybe they handed out wristbands last year on the 4th -- I know they had CM's with Ipads who were randomly walking around the pool asking to scan MB's.

The Poly is the ultimate best spot to view the show and I don't blame people for wanting to be there on July 3 and/or July 4, but I agree it's sad when the paying Poly guests can't find a comfortable viewing spot.

For almost $600 a night you would think Disney would put some effort into making sure the Poly guests didn't feel squeezed out. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter