Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

We will be arriving at Orlando International Airport at noon June 17th on USAir. My TA has told me that USAir is not a disney airline & that we will need to go to baggage claim and claim our own lugguge. After getting our luggage she said to go the Disney desk and that they would take our luggage to the coach and off we would go to our resort (CSR). I have been reading here that I need to make a reservation, is this for non disney airline fights as well? Please help, I'm just a bit confused...I don't want to get the airport and not have a reservation to get to my resort...Thanks in advance!

mommy1212 said:
We will be arriving at Orlando International Airport at noon June 17th on USAir. My TA has told me that USAir is not a disney airline & that we will need to go to baggage claim and claim our own lugguge. After getting our luggage she said to go the Disney desk and that they would take our luggage to the coach and off we would go to our resort (CSR). I have been reading here that I need to make a reservation, is this for non disney airline fights as well? Please help, I'm just a bit confused...I don't want to get the airport and not have a reservation to get to my resort...Thanks in advance!

Well this should be interresting to me as well. We too are flying us air, but I still thought that we would not have to deal with our luggaage at airport! I was with the understanding, that once we checked in at our origional airport, that the bags would just "magically appear" in our rooms. I do know that on checkout we have to load our luggage to the airport and check in, but then the rest will be taken care of. At least that's what I though anyway!

mommy1212 said:

All Incoming Guests planning to use DME must have a reservatiion with DME. ALL incoming guests using DME can use the luggage transfer service to your resort. Just attach the tags you get from Disney and your luggage will be delivered to your room. YOU MUST ATTACH THE YELLOW TAGS>>> IF you do that , skip baggage claim and go to the DME desk for check in and bus boarding.

For your return home, you will need to bring your luggage with you to the bus if you are flying USAIR.

mommy1212 said:
Please visit this post regarding "Participating Airlines"

Forward it on to your TA so that they will have correct and accurate info. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944813

According to a site I found on the web...ASAir is not a participating airline of Disney Magical Express...am I right? Okay, so if USAir isn't a participating airline what do I do next? Do I still make a reservation to have DME for tranportation to our resort? Any help would be great! Thanks!

mommy1212 said:
According to a site I found on the web...ASAir is not a participating airline of Disney Magical Express...am I right? Okay, so if USAir isn't a participating airline what do I do next? Do I still make a reservation to have DME for tranportation to our resort? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Yes, do make the reservations if you were planning on it. It doesn't matter what airline you are flying TO Orlando. You will get your luggage tags in the mail, put them on your luggage, check them in at your home airport and see them next in your room, just like everybody else.

It only affects the trip back to the airport from WDW. You will have to take your luggage to the US Air counter after riding the ME bus to the airport.

Ed

mommy1212 said:
See the post above yours.

I think I've got the first part of this figured out...we're flying American, but since we arrive at 12:50am, we will need to claim our own bags before heading down the the ME desk. Therefore, we will not have to wait for our bags to arrive at the resort, they will be with us.

Help me out on the return part...we depart at 6:30am. What will happen on that morning???

TIA!

Thanks for all this information - I do have one question though:

Is Magical Express available only during the Happiest Celebration through 9/30/06? Or is this something permanent? :earboy2:

When do they start charging for this? We are using it in March and it's free then unless there's been more changes. If so, we'll take Mears or someone else. Also, again, how far in advance do we need the reservations to use ME? My agent may make the ressie's but I need to find out for sure.

Just wanted to let you all know that we took DME. Airtran was the airline. The only problem I found was there are no directions on how to get there and I found it difficult to find. Only had to wait about 10 min when we got in line and another 10 min in the bus waiting for it to fill. This one went to POR and PORFQ. Thought it was a wonderful experience and would do it again. :bounce:

DH is flying into Orlando for the Disney Marathon.

My children and I will already be checked into our hotel on property. We do not have a package or anything--can I book ME for just him and can I book it one way or does it need to be round trip? How much does this cost?

Also--does he have to use the ME tags--he travels a lot and is pretty particular about his luggage. With it being marathon weekend, he has no interest in losing his stuff. Can he carry his own bags?

Thanks!

Yes he can carry his own bags, but in order to get on he has to have a voucher. Doesn't cost anything. Can be one way

I tried to skim all the msgs to see if this website is posted. Didn't see it so please forgive me if I am repeating previously posted info.

You can reserve online by going to:

http://www.disneysmagicalexpress.com/

I was able to register and got all the pertinent info.

Good luck!

Suzanne

jmsvss said:
I tried to skim all the msgs to see if this website is posted. Didn't see it so please forgive me if I am repeating previously posted info.

Good luck!

Suzanne

Thanks, Suzanne! I'm going to add this link to the list of links in another sticky.

My son will be meeting us at WDW - he will be flying US Air alone w/ no luggage - just carry-on. Can he use this service?
pgjam

Does anyone know what the charge will be for this service after the celebration is over?

jmsvss said:

Good luck!

Suzanne

Do I need to do this online if I booked with Disney directly? When I made reservations she asked if I wanted to use DME and she took my flight info. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter