(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just returned from a 5-night stay at GF. We stayed in a garden view room and did the QS dining plan to try something different on both counts (never stayed in a GV room and never did the QS dining plan!). I got my room-ready text and wasn't thrilled with our room as I noticed right away it was a dormer room/5th floor. I didn't tell my family and just decided to go with it. Heck, we are on a roll and determined to keep trying different Disney things, so why not try the dormer room. We were in Conch Key room 7516. First thing I noticed was the balcony chairs were different and "higher" so we could sit in them and see over the paneling on balcony! I did find myself standing most of the time, though, to get the full effect. We were happy with the view. We could see the water parade each night, but no fireworks. That was fine with us because we could step outside on either side of our building and see the castle in plain view. We liked being close to the dock - it was nice when returning late from MK via boat.

We had GREAT housekeeping. We happened to stop in our room twice while it was being serviced and we had a different person each time, but I'm not sure about the other 3 days. Our room was always spotless and we were well kept with toiletries and towels. After the first day, we returned to our room to see our bathroom had 2 cloths on the counter with miscellaneous items laying on them. Nice touch!

The GF lobby was spectacular as ever. We did not mind the band being lobby-level at all. However, we were not staying in RPC this time, so I'm not sure how it would "feel" from up there. We did hear pounding one afternoon when we stopped inside to shop. Again, not sure how this would feel if we were in RPC for good portions of the day/night.

We stayed at GF for a while on Easter Sunday to enjoy the resort. There were a lot of Easter activities and fun all around. Chairs were "taken" at the courtyard pool so we opted to sit in the kiddie section which was totally fine! I think a lot of families with little ones went to a park after the candy scatter, so we were essentially alone there.

Onto some pictures!

Conch Key GV Room 7516.
Room view during the day.
View attachment 396770

Room view at night.
View attachment 396769

View outside the front of Conch Key (looking to the left when leaving building).
View attachment 396772

View outside the back of Conch Key (looking to the right when leaving building).
View attachment 396768

Our room 7516, large red dot. Very close to stairs and elevators.
View attachment 396771

To be continued later.....
Ive always wanted to try that building. Higher chairs huh? I have had a few dormer at gf and not seen those. Seems like a nice touch.

Glad you all had a Grand Vacation:flower1:

We just returned from a 5-night stay at GF. We stayed in a garden view room and did the QS dining plan to try something different on both counts (never stayed in a GV room and never did the QS dining plan!). I got my room-ready text and wasn't thrilled with our room as I noticed right away it was a dormer room/5th floor. I didn't tell my family and just decided to go with it. Heck, we are on a roll and determined to keep trying different Disney things, so why not try the dormer room. We were in Conch Key room 7516. First thing I noticed was the balcony chairs were different and "higher" so we could sit in them and see over the paneling on balcony! I did find myself standing most of the time, though, to get the full effect. We were happy with the view. We could see the water parade each night, but no fireworks. That was fine with us because we could step outside on either side of our building and see the castle in plain view. We liked being close to the dock - it was nice when returning late from MK via boat.

We had GREAT housekeeping. We happened to stop in our room twice while it was being serviced and we had a different person each time, but I'm not sure about the other 3 days. Our room was always spotless and we were well kept with toiletries and towels. After the first day, we returned to our room to see our bathroom had 2 cloths on the counter with miscellaneous items laying on them. Nice touch!

The GF lobby was spectacular as ever. We did not mind the band being lobby-level at all. However, we were not staying in RPC this time, so I'm not sure how it would "feel" from up there. We did hear pounding one afternoon when we stopped inside to shop. Again, not sure how this would feel if we were in RPC for good portions of the day/night.

We stayed at GF for a while on Easter Sunday to enjoy the resort. There were a lot of Easter activities and fun all around. Chairs were "taken" at the courtyard pool so we opted to sit in the kiddie section which was totally fine! I think a lot of families with little ones went to a park after the candy scatter, so we were essentially alone there.

Onto some pictures!

Conch Key GV Room 7516.
Room view during the day.
View attachment 396770

Room view at night.
View attachment 396769

View outside the front of Conch Key (looking to the left when leaving building).
View attachment 396772

View outside the back of Conch Key (looking to the right when leaving building).
View attachment 396768

Our room 7516, large red dot. Very close to stairs and elevators.
View attachment 396771

To be continued later.....
I never noticed the black dots on the room map! That looks like it designates the connecting rooms.

Sound like you had a great trip!! Beautiful pictures!

Thanks! I have more pictures but ran out of time trying to email to my PC so I can re-size. I’m sitting at hair salon for my girls and am fiddling around on my phone trying to re-size so I can post on here.

Last edited:
I never noticed the black dots on the room map! That looks like it designates the connecting rooms.

That’s what I thought too!

I liked that Conch was so close to boat dock, and we could skirt out of the backside doors and walk straight to Gaspy’s. I just don’t love dormer rooms but this wasn’t a trip where we were there a lot so I didn’t fuss with requests.

Ive always wanted to try that building. Higher chairs huh? I have had a few dormer at gf and not seen those. Seems like a nice touch.

Glad you all had a Grand Vacation:flower1:

Well the chairs seemed higher to me cause I could see over the panels while sitting down. I remember sitting on my WL CL balcony and looking straight at the wood panels (lol).

Thanks for the report.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the dormer rooms; I love the quaint coziness of these rooms by far. But I have to say, those "higher" chairs are a nice touch and certainly make sense for anyone with that type of balcony.

I miss the GF so much today!! I need a Disney fix. :)

Thanks for the report.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the dormer rooms; I love the quaint coziness of these rooms by far. But I have to say, those "higher" chairs are a nice touch and certainly make sense for anyone with that type of balcony.

I miss the GF so much today!! I need a Disney fix. :)

Me too!!!! Just made my FP’s today!!! Getting closer to finally being back ‘home’ at GF!!

Easter and around the grounds.

C6CDB292-6905-4A7A-A6B4-233DE80DCE2C.jpeg

BDDE1723-DD0C-49EB-BB91-C3176CA0C5C3.jpeg

9E9A5748-D270-4695-8951-A5DAE88D5595.jpeg

Wizard of Oz.png

I have more pictures, sorry taking so long!! This is quite a job trying to re-size on my phone. In between all of my stops and taking my kids here and there for practices and appointments before school starts again. I think I want to go back to GF!!

Last edited:
Stunning eggs and a wonderful selection of your GF highlights! Thank you, TJA!

Well, we made it to the packing stage! Okay, you caught me. I just wanted to see the ticker! Not long, now.
My trip isn’t until 5/23 but I started packing too. 2 days with dd and then 3 days all 4 of us. I’m looking forward to this trip !

I even snagged the CG brunch at noon Sunday. Dd and I loved that last Feb.

What are you looking forward to? Anything particular?

I liked the pool pic. I couldn’t “place it” in my mind so had to pull up GF on google map. I don’t think I’ve been in that section before. Lately I’m lazy and just do courtyard pool.

I have all 23rd by myself so maybe I’ll wander over there.......

Thank you Mickeynut1. I probably need to just stop overthinking things. I'm an obsessive planner. Our trip is completely planned so I'm bored waiting, which means I'm constantly looking to change something. LOL
Your comment about your view might help. I guess if my view is of the beautiful GF, then how great is that?! Plus, we can always walk over to the GF and use the fitness center and grab a bite to eat.

You're welcome :).

I know how you feel as I always start rethinking things even after everything is planned :laughing:. Walking to the GF for a few visits is a great idea! One of the best things about the Poly & GF is that they are within walking distance to each other, so when you stay at one you can easily visit the other! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We just returned from a 5-night stay at GF. We stayed in a garden view room and did the QS dining plan to try something different on both counts (never stayed in a GV room and never did the QS dining plan!)

Glad you had a great trip! Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Well, we made it to the packing stage! Okay, you caught me. I just wanted to see the ticker! Not long, now.

Nothing wrong with checking out your ticker :goodvibes.

Hope you have a great trip :yay:.

My trip isn’t until 5/23 but I started packing too. 2 days with dd and then 3 days all 4 of us. I’m looking forward to this trip !

Sounds like fun family time :).

I liked the pool pic. I couldn’t “place it” in my mind so had to pull up GF on google map. I don’t think I’ve been in that section before. Lately I’m lazy and just do courtyard pool.

I have all 23rd by myself so maybe I’ll wander over there.......

Yes, that little kiddie area was actually quite nice! We were wandering over to the Beach Pool after seeing the Courtyard Pool was too full when we noticed the kiddie area was empty at the time so we said why not?! Nice view of the monorail and beach right from our chairs.

Easter and around the grounds.

View attachment 396816

View attachment 396817

View attachment 396814

View attachment 396818

I have more pictures, sorry taking so long!! This is quite a job trying to re-size on my phone. In between all of my stops and taking my kids here and there for practices and appointments before school starts again. I think I want to go back to GF!!

Thank you for posting, these are beautiful, I wish they were still going to be there next week!

Our first ever WDW trip is in the books and I am absolutely in love with the Grand Floridian! Our trip was the week before Easter spending 7 nights with the first night in a SV RPC room and then moving to an outer building GV room for the remaining six nights. We were given room 4328. We were overjoyed to find out it had a wet bar and extra hallway space. We were not expecting this since most of the photos just show the standard sized room but it was definitely a start to a most magical vacation. We loved everything from our RPC experience: the food, the atmosphere, watching fireworks from the 3rd floor balcony, and the wonderful concierge staff.

While we wished we could have stayed there longer we were also eager to get settled into our GV room. We talked with the most wonderful concierge CM that helped us check into our outer building room reservation. She had been watching us earlier taking photos on the 3rd floor balcony and commented how adorable they would turn out. As we were talking and getting checked into the new room she ended up totally blowing us away by calling someone and creating some pixie dust magic to upgrade us to a 4th floor deluxe GV room in the BPK building. Our room 9414 was a stunner as well, it was such a joy to have that extra living room area to relax in after a day at the parks. One of my favorite memories from our trip was taking the kids to the pool and enjoying a mango daiquiri while watching the monorail zip by.

Here are some of the photos I took during our stay at this beautiful resort. That balcony really does have some gorgeous views and is a wonderful place to take photos.

Views of the resort
QT25sXd.png
2X7vA1h.png

Views of our RPC room and from our balcony
VA2qvcP.png
1fQ0IIh.png

RRW0tLf.png
QwxU2U6.png

taBnZet.png
NTSRLq5.png

ckCAQMm.png
9LgeqY4.png

w9MDOmg.png
zn8aDxu.png

Views from the RPC lounge
proHSEu.png
UgEGLLw.png

WTqu4P8.png
E8BxQHc.png

3rd floor balcony photos, fireworks view, and my pool photo because I don't have a fourth photo for here
bHq4LtW.png
xFcUUwk.png

hnGYIPR.png
atLVjcG.png

Last but not least, views of our BPK room and from our balcony. I forgot to take a photo of the door number or the building itself.
F59Ws5M.png
imCIwtS.png

CyBlBGs.png
xGfkkA6.png

Our first ever WDW trip is in the books and I am absolutely in love with the Grand Floridian! Our trip was the week before Easter spending 7 nights with the first night in a SV RPC room and then moving to an outer building GV room for the remaining six nights. We were given room 4328. We were overjoyed to find out it had a wet bar and extra hallway space. We were not expecting this since most of the photos just show the standard sized room but it was definitely a start to a most magical vacation. We loved everything from our RPC experience: the food, the atmosphere, watching fireworks from the 3rd floor balcony, and the wonderful concierge staff.

While we wished we could have stayed there longer we were also eager to get settled into our GV room. We talked with the most wonderful concierge CM that helped us check into our outer building room reservation. She had been watching us earlier taking photos on the 3rd floor balcony and commented how adorable they would turn out. As we were talking and getting checked into the new room she ended up totally blowing us away by calling someone and creating some pixie dust magic to upgrade us to a 4th floor deluxe GV room in the BPK building. Our room 9414 was a stunner as well, it was such a joy to have that extra living room area to relax in after a day at the parks. One of my favorite memories from our trip was taking the kids to the pool and enjoying a mango daiquiri while watching the monorail zip by.

Here are some of the photos I took during our stay at this beautiful resort. That balcony really does have some gorgeous views and is a wonderful place to take photos.

Views of the resort
QT25sXd.png
2X7vA1h.png

VA2qvcP.png
1fQ0IIh.png

RRW0tLf.png
QwxU2U6.png

taBnZet.png
NTSRLq5.png

ckCAQMm.png
9LgeqY4.png

w9MDOmg.png
zn8aDxu.png

proHSEu.png
UgEGLLw.png

WTqu4P8.png
E8BxQHc.png

3rd floor balcony photos, fireworks view, and my pool photo because I don't have a fourth photo for here
bHq4LtW.png
xFcUUwk.png

hnGYIPR.png
atLVjcG.png

Last but not least, views of our BPK room and from our balcony. I forgot to take a photo of the door number or the building itself.
F59Ws5M.png
imCIwtS.png

CyBlBGs.png
xGfkkA6.png

Beautiful pictures! Happy you had fun!

Views of the resort
QT25sXd.png
2X7vA1h.png

VA2qvcP.png
1fQ0IIh.png

RRW0tLf.png
QwxU2U6.png

taBnZet.png
NTSRLq5.png

ckCAQMm.png
9LgeqY4.png

w9MDOmg.png
zn8aDxu.png

proHSEu.png
UgEGLLw.png

WTqu4P8.png
E8BxQHc.png

bHq4LtW.png
xFcUUwk.png

hnGYIPR.png
atLVjcG.png

F59Ws5M.png
imCIwtS.png

CyBlBGs.png
xGfkkA6.png
4x23 and 4x28 are slightly larger. You were lucky to get one. I had 4327 last trip and lo ved that side . It’s so cool to come out of your room and see the lobby below.

Nice pix :flower1:

Our first ever WDW trip is in the books and I am absolutely in love with the Grand Floridian! Our trip was the week before Easter spending 7 nights with the first night in a SV RPC room and then moving to an outer building GV room for the remaining six nights.

Thanks for your review. Love all the pics, thanks for sharing them. Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed the GF :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter