(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are just hitting our 30 day mark and we have a brand new shiny thread!

Quick transportation question. We will have a rental car, which we will definitely use for HS and AK. We will use the monorail for MK.

Would you drive to Epcot or take the monorail?

View from the balcony.

fa6986f305072fc682e49fd44a3bf9fe_zps3bb104fa.jpg

153acd10919dc34ab94f47ca604a8c1b_zpsf1b21ac8.jpg

And for Blue, it's a bit blurry but Master's Cupcake!

a9ce8663d4e36322a0d81db1e999e9dc_zpsc99eff51.jpg

We managed everything today except the Dole Whip. :offtopic: Cobbler at Artist Point was Blueberry and Delicious! Buffelo is on the menu but it is 3 ways: strip steak, in Mac and Cheese and sausage all in one platter.

We ended the day with drinks on the balcony watching Wishes Fireworks!

A very tired and stuffed Liz

Ahcupcake - I am starting off my post to you because I feel terrible I didn't see what a difficult time you recently have had. I am sorry to hear about your fury friend. I am a pet person too, so I understand how difficult that was for you!!:grouphug:

Sorry I've been so MIA, but we've been busy with college applications and midterms. Getting excited that the first round of discounts were released for next year and I also received an awesome pin until May that is tempting me. What I really need is a discount for my huge group for July!!

Love reading that there are a few people at the GF (TinkerbellLiz)and few getting ready to go!!! So exciting!!!!

I should be around more often, I HOPE!!! lol lol!!

K&a&c'smom - Beautiful thread, Thanks so much!!! Love visiting here!!

Checking in early this morning to see the new thread! Thanks again, k&a&c'smom! :worship:

Hi, Wishes....glad you'll be able to join in the fun more often! :thumbsup2

Liz, that view is the best! :goodvibes

K&A&C'S mom, thanks for taking time for us. Hope mom is feeling better:flower3:

Blue, and other November trippers:

There is a change on FPP. People are getting extra headliners at HS and Epcot.

Example. I have Fantasmic and was able to change my other 2 my choice of GMR, RR, B&B. Originally these were not offered due to the tiering.

People are getting extra Soarin and TT too.

Good luck!

Came back to add people are getting tt with Soarin and TSM with RR/Tot. Also December people are getting these changes too.

The Camellia charms are being replaced in November and are limited. Just ask if you'd like me to check anything!

Have a Grand day!

Liz

Hi k&a&c'smom, thanks for doing such a wonderful job. I hope all is well at home.

I'm down to single digits for F&W, although staying at YC, we do have dinner reservations at Narcoossees, so although cheating on her, we will be visiting the Grand.

Tom

Hello there fellow GF fans!! :wave2:

A lovely new thread! Many thanks k&a&c'smom ...:goodvibes

Trisha Thanks for the heads up about the FPP..I read about the change on TP early this morning and updated ours!!:cheer2: Glad that you were able to get what you wanted..we did too Soarin and TT... DD is thrilled! Wonder what made them change that ...

grannyminnie THREE days!!! :woohoo:

Hope that everyone has a terrific Thursday! :flower3:

K&A&C'S mom, thanks for taking time for us. Hope mom is feeling better:flower3:

Blue, and other November trippers:

There is a change on FPP. People are getting extra headliners at HS and Epcot.

Example. I have Fantasmic and was able to change my other 2 my choice of GMR, RR, B&B. Originally these were not offered due to the tiering.

People are getting extra Soarin and TT too.

Good luck!

Came back to add people are getting tt with Soarin and TSM with RR/Tot. Also December people are getting these changes too.

Thanks for the info! We go Nov 15th. May I ask how they are getting the extra Tier 1 attractions? I just tried to change ours online and was still restricted to one tier 1 per original three FPP for each day.

Since this is going fairly high up in the FAQ, I'll post what I know about room requests.

- You can request up to 3 things about your room, examples include: no connecting door, balcony, high floor, first floor, a specific building, or a specific location.
- Requests can be made by calling the main reservation number or the hotel directly.
- It's best to have requests in place 1 week before, when rooms are assigned
- be as specific as possible for requests - don't say Boca Chica bldg, when really you want a room with a view of the electric light parade.

And now my questions....

We have a outer building lagoon view room. I called at the 30 day mark and made my three requests: balcony, not the first floor, quiet building.

I realized this week that if I get a balcony there's no way I can be on the first floor, so I called last night to switch. The CM had no clue about requests and put me on hold until she figured it out. My three were: lots of sunlight, balcony, quiet building. She told me that 'all outer building rooms have a balcony' which sounds physically impossible and that the sunlight thing didn't make sense to her. I tried to explain that I want to relax and watch sunrises or sunsets from my balcony.

This morning I got the email with the hotel's direct line. Should I call there to confirm/remake my requests or assume that everything is in place?

Thanks for the info! We go Nov 15th. May I ask how they are getting the extra Tier 1 attractions? I just tried to change ours online and was still restricted to one tier 1 per original three FPP for each day.

:confused3 Blue and I both were able to. I used the app if that matters. I did it by trying to "change" a previously picked one and only tier one options came up.

k&a&c'smom, I feel faMOUSE now:blush:. You have done a wonderful job with your re-posted thread. Your new photos are great and I just love the new and much improved room décor. It's so helpful that you have a picture of just about everything:thumbsup2

I have to go back to the "old" thread to do a little catching-up:teleport:

I just double checked over on the Theme park thread and the glitch appears to have been fixed. Sorry you missed it.:(

So it was a glitch, bummer -- I must be in fantasyland, because I wish they would do two things with the FPP system -- first, if you buy park hoppers, why can't you get FPP for EACH park? Second, if they are going to tier certain rides, why not tier the FPP system and let you upgrade via additonal $ to a deluxe FPP? Okay, let the stoning begin!

Tom

Liz Seems that I missed your send off....Hope that you are having a GRAND time! :goodvibes Thanks for the cupcake! :flower3: And thanks for taking the time to pop in...great view btw... :cloud9:

Since this is going fairly high up in the FAQ, I'll post what I know about room requests.

- You can request up to 3 things about your room, examples include: no connecting door, balcony, high floor, first floor, a specific building, or a specific location.
- Requests can be made by calling the main reservation number or the hotel directly.
- It's best to have requests in place 1 week before, when rooms are assigned
- be as specific as possible for requests - don't say Boca Chica bldg, when really you want a room with a view of the electric light parade.

And now my questions....

We have a outer building lagoon view room. I called at the 30 day mark and made my three requests: balcony, not the first floor, quiet building.

I realized this week that if I get a balcony there's no way I can be on the first floor, so I called last night to switch. The CM had no clue about requests and put me on hold until she figured it out. My three were: lots of sunlight, balcony, quiet building. She told me that 'all outer building rooms have a balcony' which sounds physically impossible and that the sunlight thing didn't make sense to her. I tried to explain that I want to relax and watch sunrises or sunsets from my balcony.

This morning I got the email with the hotel's direct line. Should I call there to confirm/remake my requests or assume that everything is in place?

From what I understand..the hotels direct phone number re directs you to a call center...:confused3 We have always made requests right on our reservation thru Central Reservations...so that when it is downloaded to the resort the requests are on there...

I suggest that you keep your requests simple...and ones that the room assignor will have knowledge of...as opposed to a room with lots of sunlight..I would request upper or lower floor..a particular building..or view..ex: courtyard view....as for the balcony..first floor rooms at the GF do have balconies..as opposed to other resorts that have an open patio like the Poly...HTH....Best of luck with your requests....:wizard:

I just double checked over on the Theme park thread and the glitch appears to have been fixed. Sorry you missed it.:(

Oh no...sorry for those who weren't able to update....I thought that it was change in options given the changes in ride offerings at each of these parks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter