(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Wood Nymph-that is exactly what I thought I remembered! This might be the way to go for us!

Thank you miTnosnhoJ also- wow $400 I think we will pass on this option!

UM IM SO NEW. What is turn down service and does every room get it?!

Yes! GF is the only resort that has turn down service for all rooms vs just CL or by request. Mousekeeping makes a second visit to your room late afternoon/early evening. They remove trash, freshen towels and replace toiletries as needed, turn down the bed linens, turn the lights on low, turn on music or the TV to a whisper level, and leave a chocolate on the pillow. It is very relaxing to walk in your room after an evening in the parks and makes you feel a little pampered :cloud9:

Yes! GF is the only resort that has turn down service for all rooms vs just CL or by request. Mousekeeping makes a second visit to your room late afternoon/early evening. They remove trash, freshen towels and replace toiletries as needed, turn down the bed linens, turn the lights on low, turn on music or the TV to a whisper level, and leave a chocolate on the pillow. It is very relaxing to walk in your room after an evening in the parks and makes you feel a little pampered :cloud9:
And they do this every day as standard? I won't even have to ask?

Right?! Haha. I have a feeling I'm not going to want to leave my room at the GF! First venture into deluxe and my Mom and I are diving right in! 64 days! Does the countdown ever get old?!

One of the many benefits of staying at the GF is the beautiful rooms. It makes a thunderstorm on vacation okay because you are relaxing in a comfy room while watching the rain and lightning through your balcony slider doors. Or coming back to your room after a long, hot, fun packed day in the parks to find turn down service inviting you into the room to rest :cloud9:

The countdown gets old when you are back home from your vacation and you see your ticker on the DIS :sad: The Disney withdrawal blues are REAL....

One of the many benefits of staying at the GF is the beautiful rooms. It makes a thunderstorm on vacation okay because you are relaxing in a comfy room while watching the rain and lightning through your balcony slider doors. Or coming back to your room after a long, hot, fun packed day in the parks to find turn down service inviting you into the room to rest :cloud9:

The countdown gets old when you are back home from your vacation and you see your ticker on the DIS :sad: The Disney withdrawal blues are REAL....

RIGHT?! Ugh. That always does suck! I cannot wait! I may already have next year's 2 trips in the works. I've got an obsession. Haha.

We are 60 days out from our first trip to GF, and I just went online to check in...and the only choices I got were "first, second or third floor." We are staying in a GV outer building room. We'd hoped to request a specific building (as we have on our Poly trips)...is this not possible when checking in online at GF?

Or is it a glitch with the recent website updates?

We're staying for two nights at ASMo in a preferred room before moving to GF, and the online check in there was glitchy. It gave us two chances to add a request and the options were for specific buildings and then ground floor, upper floor, near transportation. When I picked our options (101 Dalmatians, near transportation) and saved...it only saved ONE of the options (the second one, near transportation). And every time I try to update the requests, it still only saves one option. It's frustrating. So I'm wondering if the options offered for online check in at GF are just...glitchy as they seem so limited.

I'm happy to call and fax! But I was wondering about the online process and if what I experienced was the usual or not.

We are 60 days out from our first trip to GF, and I just went online to check in...and the only choices I got were "first, second or third floor." We are staying in a GV outer building room. We'd hoped to request a specific building (as we have on our Poly trips)...is this not possible when checking in online at GF?

We're staying for two nights at ASMo in a preferred room before moving to GF, and the online check in there was glitchy. It gave us two chances to add a request and the options were for specific buildings and then ground floor, upper floor, near transportation. When I picked our options (101 Dalmatians, near transportation) and saved...it only saved ONE of the options (the second one, near transportation). And every time I try to update the requests, it still only saves one option. It's frustrating. So I'm wondering if the options offered for online check in at GF are just...glitchy as they seem so limited.

I'm happy to call and fax! But I was wondering about the online process and if what I experienced was the usual or not.

I experienced the same thing on my 60 days June 17 & I'm interested to hear what you found out :)

Disney tinkered with the online check-in room request options a few months ago and the result has been extremely limited options and sometimes options that don't even make sense based on your room/view category! I leave the online check-in options blank and call my requests in to Disney.

Hope that helps! :-)

Hello Disney friends,

It's been a while since I've been on disboards and when I'm on, it's usually on the Polynesian Village Resort board. But this trip we thought we'd switch it up a bit.

Our upcoming stay is 7 days away and needless to say my family of four is ecstatic. We'll be in the Sugar Loaf Building at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Thanks for all of your pictures and information*O*

Disney tinkered with the online check-in room request options a few months ago and the result has been extremely limited options and sometimes options that don't even make sense based on your room/view category! I leave the online check-in options blank and call my requests in to Disney.

Hope that helps! :-)

So true....unfortunately :rolleyes: The new options make little sense. I gave my travel agent room requests to note on our reservation when we first booked and during online check-in I just chose "upper floor" and left the other one blank. I am not too concerned. If we don't like our room, I will just ask the front desk if another is available.

Many years ago at the Poly, we were assigned a room on the backside of Aotearoa facing the monorail which we did not want. I politely asked for another room with a balcony not facing the monorail and patiently waited apx 45 minutes while they did some checking. We ended up with the best standard view room EVER!! We could see the castle thru a wispy tree so it was basically - to us - a MK view room :love:

Just chiming in to say we are 42 days away from our first GF stay :jumping1: Bringing all of my kids and grand kids for a last family trip before my youngest DS gets married this fall :grouphug: There will be 8 adults and 4 kids in 3 rooms. We've stayed at all of the other Deluxe resorts and have always visited GF and dreamed of staying there. It's gonna be hot and sticky and probably crowded, but I'll be logging some time relaxing at pool or in the lobby listening to the orchestra. :beach:

We are planning a 25th Wedding Anniversary trip for July 2018. We love Beach Club and Contemporary, but we are looking for something very special for our 25th. We've considered Polynesian now that it appears they are finally done with renovations. However, after perusing this thread, we are now considering Grand Floridian for our Anniversary getaway. I would love any feedback on the benefits of staying at Grand Floridian vs. other deluxe resorts.

I'm assuming this is just for the main resort, correct? Not the Villas bldg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter