(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH and I talk about taking our grandchildren all the time, but right now DD is 20, DS is 23 and his girlfriend is joining us that has NEVER been to WDW and she's 22. She doesn't even know what a monorail is, so this should be fun. Your plans sound amazing, I would do the same thing, have everyone go where they want during the day and meet for dinner and special things.

For cocktails, we love Miznor's lounge behind the ochrestra especially around 3:30 when Cinderella and Prince Charming make their appearance. The staff there is so friendly its hard to leave. We rent a cabana and the pool bar is great too, I have even purchased a bottle of wine at Sandy Cove (and they opened it for me and had wine glasses) and sat outside while watching Wishes (soon Happily Ever After). If you want you can grab a drink and Narcoossee's and Citrico's bars also. Its nice to check out the restaurants even if your not eating there.

Enjoy your trip to Hawaii, my DH and I have never been but I heard its stunning.[/QUOTE]

Those are great ideas :idea: I love the idea of checking out the restaurants by visiting the bars I will definitely have to spend some time at Mizners.

And Hawaii is wonderful....my favorite place in the world. You should totally go: check out Lanikai Beach on the windward coast of Oahu :flower1:

Ok, I think I am losing my mind....lol!! I just picked up plug in's from Bath & Body, Eucalyptus Rain and my house smells like the GF!!! Please someone go check it out and tell me if I am crazy or just anxious!!:scared1:

We are GF newbies. When you check in, is there a list of activities like the Cinderella/PC appearance?

And is the music for the fireworks piped in by the pool?

Thanks in advance! 66 more sleeps....

Hey firstimemom:wave: - Yes, there is a list of activities and lots of signage all over the hotel, especially for Cinderella. If your children pin trade the pin board comes out a the Mercantile around 11 if I remember correctly.

As for music, if I remember correctly there is only music while the activities are being played at the pool with slide. The activities are also listed somewhere in the room, but I believe it all starts at 12 or 1. I believe there is subtle music that you really wouldn't notice all over the property all the time, but I don't think you were asking about that.

The music for fireworks is piped in for the fireworks by Gasperilla's but I just wish it was louder.

You are going to LOVE the GF, we used to go to the Wilderness Lodge and we split stayed one year and never turned back.....I think that was 10 years ago...:goodvibes

My DH and I talk about taking our grandchildren all the time, but right now DD is 20, DS is 23 and his girlfriend is joining us that has NEVER been to WDW and she's 22. She doesn't even know what a monorail is, so this should be fun. Your plans sound amazing, I would do the same thing, have everyone go where they want during the day and meet for dinner and special things.

For cocktails, we love Miznor's lounge behind the ochrestra especially around 3:30 when Cinderella and Prince Charming make their appearance. The staff there is so friendly its hard to leave. We rent a cabana and the pool bar is great too, I have even purchased a bottle of wine at Sandy Cove (and they opened it for me and had wine glasses) and sat outside while watching Wishes (soon Happily Ever After). If you want you can grab a drink and Narcoossee's and Citrico's bars also. Its nice to check out the restaurants even if your not eating there.

Enjoy your trip to Hawaii, my DH and I have never been but I heard its stunning.

Those are great ideas :idea: I love the idea of checking out the restaurants by visiting the bars I will definitely have to spend some time at Mizners.

And Hawaii is wonderful....my favorite place in the world. You should totally go: check out Lanikai Beach on the windward coast of Oahu :flower1:[/QUOTE]

We never wanted to take that flight from NYC, but Europe is starting to call my name (Of course btw my GF visits). We always wanted to see Hawaii and when we got married it was during Desert Storm and we decided to stay close and went to WDW. We meet in WDW so it was so appropriate.

I guess you have been there before!?

And Hawaii is wonderful....my favorite place in the world. You should totally go: check out Lanikai Beach on the windward coast of Oahu :flower1:

We never wanted to take that flight from NYC, but Europe is starting to call my name (Of course btw my GF visits). We always wanted to see Hawaii and when we got married it was during Desert Storm and we decided to stay close and went to WDW. We meet in WDW so it was so appropriate.

I guess you have been there before!?[/QUOTE]

Yes, DH and I go every other year with our BFFs (another couple our age). Only thing I don't like: the 10 hr flight to get there :eek:

And the Multi-Quote tool seems to be glitching maybe? Or maybe it's just user error (on my part):badpc:

I guess you have been there before!?

Yes, DH and I go every other year with our BFFs (another couple our age). Only thing I don't like: the 10 hr flight to get there :eek:

And the Multi-Quote tool seems to be glitching maybe? Or maybe it's just user error (on my part):badpc:

That's great, we usually travel with my DH's sister and her hubby but their going to Montana and Wyoming this year and that's too far and too hard to get home in case of an emergency. Maybe next year, maybe Italy!!

I am going to try and fix the quoting!!

Ok, I think I am losing my mind....lol!! I just picked up plug in's from Bath & Body, Eucalyptus Rain and my house smells like the GF!!! Please someone go check it out and tell me if I am crazy or just anxious!!:scared1:

Hey firstimemom:wave: -
You are going to LOVE the GF, we used to go to the Wilderness Lodge and we split stayed one year and never turned back.....I think that was 10 years ago...:goodvibes

I will check out the Eucalyptus Rain and will report back after our trip. I hope I love the GF more than all the others. Right now I love too many and have such a hard time deciding where to stay. If I had one favorite it would make life much easier. #firstworldproblems

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
View attachment 233236

SO above is the outline of the gf main building. RPC rooms are on floors 3/4/5. (except deluxe king rpc some are on 2 )The lounge is on floor 4.(labeled in blue where the food is located and green where couches and tables are mostly found, also seating up on 5 and below on 3 too , just not as many). Yellow is floor 3 smoking balcony and blue floor 3 is the cm desks.

Pink rooms are the std rpc rooms. I just booked one so I am doing my usual over the top research:rolleyes1::yes::

I want rooms on the right facing poly because I like that view. Also I like that these rooms are part of the atrium:goodvibes AND they have the extra bar sink which is cute.

Others like the rooms on the hallway section. These should be quieter and have a view of the GF pool and grounds.

I will probably post rooms numbers at some point but this is a start:thumbsup2

Oh the elevator and stairs are in the blue section too. The elevator to gaspies is the dark grey rectangle far left past rooms in white.

Oh and the first room in pink starting from the bottom that looks more like a triangle is a std king room. #'s are 43/4429. I had one and loved the odd shape and larger long balcony.Its available "upon request".

Thanks for the awesome mapping!

Hey firstimemom:wave: - Yes, there is a list of activities and lots of signage all over the hotel, especially for Cinderella. If your children pin trade the pin board comes out a the Mercantile around 11 if I remember correctly.

As for music, if I remember correctly there is only music while the activities are being played at the pool with slide. The activities are also listed somewhere in the room, but I believe it all starts at 12 or 1. I believe there is subtle music that you really wouldn't notice all over the property all the time, but I don't think you were asking about that.

The music for fireworks is piped in for the fireworks by Gasperilla's but I just wish it was louder.

Going to Bath & Body to look for it!

I would love to try it but if you have to pay at the front of the park you might as well just leave? Not very good for last minute changes. Unless you can do it on an app or something??? Dd and I saw the spots on our last trip but we didn't know how to book it.
We are thinking of trying it in Nov. I think there's an option to pay for a week? Doesn't seem much more than a day price.

Me too!! So excited they have another fragrance that has that heavenly smell!!! :banana: They had another one that's retired and it had rain in the name too. It also smelled very similar to the GF lobby!! Love it!!
I'm liking that there's some "action" on here, as someone said! This thread had become a "snoozer"...:rotfl:

I will check out the Eucalyptus Rain and will report back after our trip. I hope I love the GF more than all the others. Right now I love too many and have such a hard time deciding where to stay. If I had one favorite it would make like much easier. #firstworldproblems

Thanks for the info!

Me too!! So excited they have another fragrance that has that heavenly smell!!! :banana: They had another one that's retired and it had rain in the name too. It also smelled very similar to the GF lobby!! Love it!!
I'm liking that there's some "action" on here, as someone said! This thread had become a "snoozer"...:rotfl:

Hey Grannyminnie:wave: - OK kids confirmed it, they said its very similar to GF, if not it!!! My DS actually said it when he walked into the house before I even asked...:rotfl:He said "so you found the GF smell finally"!!!:rotfl2:

We are thinking of trying it in Nov. I think there's an option to pay for a week? Doesn't seem much more than a day price.

I would love to try this but we really don't park hop, once in a blue moon. I don't know why but we never did and whenever we do we always regret it. I think its because we're very laid back in WDW, I know its crazy....we see everything we love but nice and relaxed!!

So, what does everyone think of the week that Pandora opens? When I booked the trip it wasn't announced for that week, I booked it because its my anniversary. I really hoping that only AK is crazy!

Hey Grannyminnie:wave: - OK kids confirmed it, they said its very similar to GF, if not it!!! My DS actually said it when he walked into the house before I even asked...:rotfl:He said "so you found the GF smell finally"!!!:rotfl2:

I would love to try this but we really don't park hop, once in a blue moon. I don't know why but we never did and whenever we do we always regret it. I think its because we're very laid back in WDW, I know its crazy....we see everything we love but nice and relaxed!!

So, what does everyone think of the week that Pandora opens? When I booked the trip it wasn't announced for that week, I booked it because its my anniversary. I really hoping that only AK is crazy!
I think I'd hide at MK and skip the chaos lol.

Happy anniversary !

As for the new express transportation....I can see this being very beneficial for folks who like to park hop during the day to make the most out of shorter vacation stays. As the saying goes... "time is money!" For our family, we prefer rope drop and then we leave the park somewhere between 1 and 3pm depending on the park. We then go back to our resort to recharge, resting in the room or hanging by the pool. We then shower and head out to a different park for the evening.

What's the best way to get to Epcot from GF?

We take the resort monorail to the TTC, switch to the Epcot monorail and glide on over :smooth: We always allow ourselves about 45 minutes for transportation before our intended arrival time just in case of delays. Allowing 45 minutes puts us either 15 minutes early, right on time or 15 minutes late...none of which is a dealbreaker on vacation.:sunny:

What's the best way to get to Epcot from GF?
Honestly with my mom last time I took a different route than normal.

Usually I do mono to TTC then switch over to mono to epcot.

However those ramps are a killer for grandmas! I walked her from Poly(but gf same) to the boat. We took that across to mk then walked to bus area. I looked for first one of BWI YC or BC . BWI came first so we did that. From BWI we just got off bus and boated into epcot. We were heading for the showcase anyways and mom loved riding the boats as much as any "ride/attraction".

Also Mom had never seen the boardwalk area and she thought it was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter