Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

1900 Park Fare Reopens!

The character buffet 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort has reopened today, April 10, 2024, after being closed for over four years. It features all-new furnishings, new carpeting, new artwork, new characters, and new lighting.

Click link for pics!
Just got back from breakfast, and it was delicious. The refurb looks amazing! Loved the wish theme as well. Characters were so good, especially Mirabel!
The service was a little slow, but I feel like that’s to be expected on a first day as they work out the kinks. Not to mention it was packed with managerial types, so that has to make the servers extra anxious I’m sure. It was also packed with vloggers, which I expected. I just didn’t realize how intrusive it would feel to have cameras every 5 feet recording. I know they weren’t filming me per se, but it was still super awkward. I give major accolades to the servers, chefs, and other employees who deal with this all of the time.

MarBee, What were some foods that you liked? Going in a few weeks. :dancer:
I tried probably half of the food personally, and I think between everyone at the table, we tried it all. Everything was really good. They had just about everything you would make for breakfast…
Pancakes, Mickey waffles, lox with capers and spreads, a variety of potatoes and hash browns (I liked the cheeses), bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs (with or without cheese), eggs Benedict, carved ham station, monkey bread, bread pudding, breakfast pizza (maybe my fav), tater tots, variety of breads with toaster and an array of spreads, fresh fruit, and my kids’ favorites- cereal and gummy bears. There was also about 7-8 dessert pastries that I couldn’t try bc I was too stuffed.
The only thing that anyone complained about were the tater tots. They seemed like they had been under the light for a long time and were a bit stale tasting. But we sampled pretty much everything between the four of us, and it was all really good- especially for a buffet!
And they had pog juice on the table. I’m not normally a juice person, but I love the pog juice in Disney :)

I tried probably half of the food personally, and I think between everyone at the table, we tried it all. Everything was really good. They had just about everything you would make for breakfast…
Pancakes, Mickey waffles, lox with capers and spreads, a variety of potatoes and hash browns (I liked the cheeses), bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs (with or without cheese), eggs Benedict, carved ham station, monkey bread, bread pudding, breakfast pizza (maybe my fav), tater tots, variety of breads with toaster and an array of spreads, fresh fruit, and my kids’ favorites- cereal and gummy bears. There was also about 7-8 dessert pastries that I couldn’t try bc I was too stuffed.
The only thing that anyone complained about were the tater tots. They seemed like they had been under the light for a long time and were a bit stale tasting. But we sampled pretty much everything between the four of us, and it was all really good- especially for a buffet!
And they had pog juice on the table. I’m not normally a juice person, but I love the pog juice in Disney :)
We had been strongly considering breakfast when the menu was first released and this pushed us over the edge to book I think!

Does anybody know if the option listed "Disney Suite-Club Level" that was in the main building has been changed to hold 6 people. The only one I can find video tours of that say "Disney Suite" show a king and two twins.

We currently have booked a one bedroom suite with club level access that sleeps 6. Two Queens and a sleeper sofa. A CM told me when it says"access" after the club level it means the suite will be in an outer building.

But tonight up popped the Disney Suite -Club Level and it says it sleeps 6 with a King and two queens. It's a fair bit more pricey but would be worth it if it's actually in the main building. It doesn't say access after the words Club Level.

Does anybody know by chance? I'll call tomorrow, but too late now.

Does anybody know if the option listed "Disney Suite-Club Level" that was in the main building has been changed to hold 6 people. The only one I can find video tours of that say "Disney Suite" show a king and two twins.

We currently have booked a one bedroom suite with club level access that sleeps 6. Two Queens and a sleeper sofa. A CM told me when it says"access" after the club level it means the suite will be in an outer building.

But tonight up popped the Disney Suite -Club Level and it says it sleeps 6 with a King and two queens. It's a fair bit more pricey but would be worth it if it's actually in the main building. It doesn't say access after the words Club Level.

We stayed in a Disney suite over Christmas prior to the renovations. There is a Disney suite on both the 3rd and 4th floor of the Main Building. When we stayed in it, there were 2 twin beds in the second bedroom. However, we were fortunate enough to see one of the newly renovated Disney suites on a recent visit, and the second bedroom now has 2 queen beds instead of 2 twins.

We stayed in a Disney suite over Christmas prior to the renovations. There is a Disney suite on both the 3rd and 4th floor of the Main Building. When we stayed in it, there were 2 twin beds in the second bedroom. However, we were fortunate enough to see one of the newly renovated Disney suites on a recent visit, and the second bedroom now has 2 queen beds instead of 2 twins.
Thank you so much. Do you know if the Disney Suites are the ones with the two doors by the back elevator? How did they manage to fit two queens into that space? Did they structurally renovate the entire interior of the room?

Thank you so much. Do you know if the Disney Suites are the ones with the two doors by the back elevator? How did they manage to fit two queens into that space? Did they structurally renovate the entire interior of the room?
I would call signature services and ask if seriously considering booking the suite.

Sorry for the delay, I am in the middle of a kitchen demo, haha.

Yes, the Disney suites are the 2 double doors on 3 and 4 by the back elevator. Had I not seen it with my own two eyes, I would not have believed the 2 queen beds would fit in that room. But they flip flopped the room layout and out the queen beds on the opposite wall. However, as I look back at my own photos, they look more like full beds and not queen like we were told.

Attachments

• IMG_8795.jpeg
    IMG_8795.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8796.jpeg
    IMG_8796.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 42
Sorry for the delay, I am in the middle of a kitchen demo, haha.

Yes, the Disney suites are the 2 double doors on 3 and 4 by the back elevator. Had I not seen it with my own two eyes, I would not have believed the 2 queen beds would fit in that room. But they flip flopped the room layout and out the queen beds on the opposite wall. However, as I look back at my own photos, they look more like full beds and not queen like we were told.
I was in the old style NYE weekend 2022/23. I felt there was a lot of wasted space. That move is one they finally did right lol.

I'm not sure how much square footage and extra bathroom space means to you and your group, but just throwing it out there... I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, CL access. The room was in an outer building, Sago Key, next to the marina and Gasparilla Grill. The "secret" Royal Palm Club elevator is located between Gaspy's and the Grand Floridian Cafe. That elevator is great. Saves you the trek through the lobby to the gold elevators. The outer building 1 bed suite was essentially 2 resort rooms joined together. Room 1 was the living room w/pull out couch, coffee tables, end table, coffee bar, dining table and 4 chairs, and a full bathroom. The second half of the suite was a typical resort room w/2 beds, full bath, walk in closet. We really appreciated having the 2 bathrooms and a lot of space. I am not sure of the size of the Disney suite or if it has an extra bathroom. Just something to think about.

I'm not sure how much square footage and extra bathroom space means to you and your group, but just throwing it out there... I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, CL access. The room was in an outer building, Sago Key, next to the marina and Gasparilla Grill. The "secret" Royal Palm Club elevator is located between Gaspy's and the Grand Floridian Cafe. That elevator is great. Saves you the trek through the lobby to the gold elevators. The outer building 1 bed suite was essentially 2 resort rooms joined together. Room 1 was the living room w/pull out couch, coffee tables, end table, coffee bar, dining table and 4 chairs, and a full bathroom. The second half of the suite was a typical resort room w/2 beds, full bath, walk in closet. We really appreciated having the 2 bathrooms and a lot of space. I am not sure of the size of the Disney suite or if it has an extra bathroom. Just something to think about.
The Walt suite has 3 bathrooms. 2 full baths and a half bath. I haven't been in since the reno but can't imagine that they would remove a bathroom. The suite is huge and can easily accommodate 6 and not feel crowded. I have never been in the Roy suite so can't compare the two.

OP if it doesn't break the bank I would recommend the Disney suite, you won't be disappointed.

Notes: Adding full letter to international guests regarding construction. No new updates at this time.

*Construction Notes*

Updated 4/17/24

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Letter sent to International Guests:

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."

Last edited:
Notes: Adding full letter to international guests regarding construction. No new updates at this time.

*Construction Notes*

Updated 4/17/24

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Letter sent to International Guests:

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a June stay booked and have not received the emails. The International Guest email is interesting in that it notes "minor work", "enhancements" and states that the lobby "will remain fully accessible". Hm. Sounds like redecorating. As for timing - I have no actual inside scoop - I'm guessing the GF lobby work will start sometime after 4th of July and is likely to take place over the August/Sept back-to-school slow season. I guess we'll find out eventually!

The "secret" Royal Palm Club elevator is located between Gaspy's and the Grand Floridian Cafe. That elevator is great. Saves you the trek through the lobby to the gold elevators.
I LOVE that elevator—on my first stay there, I was in one of the deluxe king rooms right above Gaspy’s, and my room was right around the corner from that elevator. It felt like I had my own private elevator! Was very convenient to the walking path to MK for those early AM rope drops. I never even used the main lobby elevators except the 1 time I took the monorail because it was raining.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a June stay booked and have not received the emails. The International Guest email is interesting in that it notes "minor work", "enhancements" and states that the lobby "will remain fully accessible". Hm. Sounds like redecorating. As for timing - I have no actual inside scoop - I'm guessing the GF lobby work will start sometime after 4th of July and is likely to take place over the August/Sept back-to-school slow season. I guess we'll find out eventually!
IDK... We received the email months ago for our trip the end of May/beginning of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter