Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

If the regular rooms get the same makeover, what justifies calling these DVC rooms and charging DVC rates?
I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see the size of "kitchenette" area! I am not that familiar with DVC properties because I prefer the extra services provided on the hotel side, but I assumed a studio would at least have a little bit bigger kitchenette area. I guess I've only seen the pictures of the larger villas with more of a kitchen? Are the studios in the original villas at GF larger than the new ones in BPK? Don't get me wrong...the new rooms are beautiful, and I hope the regular rooms look like that too!

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see the size of "kitchenette" area! I am not that familiar with DVC properties because I prefer the extra services provided on the hotel side, but I assumed a studio would at least have a little bit bigger kitchenette area. I guess I've only seen the pictures of the larger villas with more of a kitchen? Are the studios in the original villas at GF larger than the new ones in BPK? Don't get me wrong...the new rooms are beautiful, and I hope the regular rooms look like that too!
They announced from the start that these are going to just be converted hotel rooms and will not have kitchenettes, as the other DVC studios have. If you click HERE it will take you to the 3D virtual walkthrough of a studio in the DVC building, which includes a kitchenette and double bathroom.

They announced from the start that these are going to just be converted hotel rooms and will not have kitchenettes, as the other DVC studios have. If you click HERE it will take you to the 3D virtual walkthrough of a studio in the DVC building, which includes a kitchenette and double bathroom.
Oh, ok. So I'm not crazy but just didn't know about that announcement. Very nice! Love the separate shower and tub. I hope they won't be charging the same amount of points/cash for the new studios since they don't offer the conveniences of a normal studio!

Oh, ok. So I'm not crazy but just didn't know about that announcement. Very nice! Love the separate shower and tub. I hope they won't be charging the same amount of points/cash for the new studios since they don't offer the conveniences of a normal studio!

They are changing the same exact price, except you can pay even more points for a from the side theme park view

The original DVC rooms are very nice but very basic and could be anywhere. At least the new rooms are themed beautifully

Grand Floridian Staff: Microwaves Planned For All Resort Studios

Disney Vacation Club may already be addressing the biggest sore spot for guests considering the newest rooms at Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

BPK Microwave

When the Grand Floridian's Resort Studios were announced, many were surprised to learn that the design does not feature the familiar DVC Studio kitchenette. While the lack of a dedicated sink is perhaps attributable to the nature of converted hotel rooms, the absence of a microwave oven and toaster was curious given the low cost and widespread adoptance among even budget hotel chains.

It appears DVC and the resort may have heard member complaints.

Within a day after the Resort Studios made their debut, DVCNews has heard from multiple members who were told that microwaves are on the way for all 202 new rooms. This information comes courtesy of resort staff members, who claim supply shortages are to blame for the fact that microwaves were not installed as of Day One.

So far, the Disney Vacation Club website has not been updated to reflect this change in amenities. DVC has not yet responded to our attempts to confirm. However, it is clear that guests are able to request delivery of a microwave and/or toaster from housekeeping if not present upon arrival. The room's beverage station even features a small shelf which accommodates the dorm-size microwave oven.

Grand Floridian Staff: Microwaves Planned For All Resort Studios

Disney Vacation Club may already be addressing the biggest sore spot for guests considering the newest rooms at Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

BPK Microwave

When the Grand Floridian's Resort Studios were announced, many were surprised to learn that the design does not feature the familiar DVC Studio kitchenette. While the lack of a dedicated sink is perhaps attributable to the nature of converted hotel rooms, the absence of a microwave oven and toaster was curious given the low cost and widespread adoptance among even budget hotel chains.

It appears DVC and the resort may have heard member complaints.

Within a day after the Resort Studios made their debut, DVCNews has heard from multiple members who were told that microwaves are on the way for all 202 new rooms. This information comes courtesy of resort staff members, who claim supply shortages are to blame for the fact that microwaves were not installed as of Day One.

So far, the Disney Vacation Club website has not been updated to reflect this change in amenities. DVC has not yet responded to our attempts to confirm. However, it is clear that guests are able to request delivery of a microwave and/or toaster from housekeeping if not present upon arrival. The room's beverage station even features a small shelf which accommodates the dorm-size microwave oven.

Well two things:

1. It kinda takes away from the beautiful wall paper, a white microwave would be better
2. They better do something to address that wire hanging down

The new rooms look lovely. My DW, a Mary Poppins devotee, was quite excited when I showed her the pictures. We don't head there until December (splurged on a TP view from BPK for this visit) for our first GF stay. Can't wait to read some "I was there" reviews from actual guests. Thanks for sharing the images.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter