Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We just got back last night from a week at Disney. The weather was beautiful (although warm the last 2 days), there was no visible damage from the hurricane, and the parks were very crowded! There appeared to be plenty of CM's on duty to control the crowds. We had Genie+ and were able to navigate fairly nicely. Without it, we would have never been able to get as much done as we did. Also, the mobile dining worked out well for the most part.

We had Casitas building #5. The wing that our room was in backed up to the Casitas #4 building. Great location! We had a connecting room with our daughter and grandchildren. The set-up of the rooms were very nice. Love the updates. Plenty of room for the two of us. Our daughter and two children also had plenty of room, but the older child would use our shower as soon as we returned to the rooms each night. If I had one complaint it would be that the rooms had a tub/shower combo. The tub had a glass shower door enclosure. Although nice for the younger child to take a bath, the tracks for the door made it impossible to lean on the tub edge to bathe the child. Also, I would have liked to soak my feet after a long day in tennis shoes. There was no way to sit on the side of the tub.

Our room was a 3 minute walk top Bus Stop #2. We had a 30 second walk to the bridge. A 3 minute walk across the bridge to the 3 Bridges Bar n Grill (delicious), an 8 minute walk to the Grand Pool (such fun), and about a 15 minute walk to The Tower. We ate at the Maya Grill one night and the food was great! The children enjoyed movies under the Stars and playing on the grassed game court.

BTW - We never waited more than 4 minutes for a bus. Somehow we timed it right every time. Same goes when heading out of the parks at night. Our bus was either waiting there, or arrived shortly after.

I have two nights here at the end of my December trip. I’ve stayed before and had a room in the Cabana section, loved the proximity to the pool and the sandy ‘beach’ effect with hammocks.

Booked a standard room but just saw that a tower room isn’t much more. Never stayed at the Tower - just wondering if the Tower is a bit more special and worth a little (cost wise) upgrade?

I have two nights here at the end of my December trip. I’ve stayed before and had a room in the Cabana section, loved the proximity to the pool and the sandy ‘beach’ effect with hammocks.

Booked a standard room but just saw that a tower room isn’t much more. Never stayed at the Tower - just wondering if the Tower is a bit more special and worth a little (cost wise) upgrade?
I adore the tower due to indoor access to food and beverages, indoor hallway access to the rooms and short, covered walk to the bus depot. Downside is it’s the last bus stop for the park buses.

I adore the tower due to indoor access to food and beverages, indoor hallway access to the rooms and short, covered walk to the bus depot. Downside is it’s the last bus stop for the park buses.
Sounds like this is good for a chilled stay and easy access to refilling mugs. Also good for leaving to go the airport (pick up, luggage etc)

We only have one park day while there so not too worried about buses. Are the rooms nicer? It’s less than $100 to switch?

YES!!! Coronado has always been my favorite moderate. Many stays in the old side. However, Tower will give you more of a Deluxe feel. I honestly feel like the tower surpasses many of the Disney Deluxe resorts.

YES!!! Coronado has always been my favorite moderate. Many stays in the old side. However, Tower will give you more of a Deluxe feel. I honestly feel like the tower surpasses many of the Disney Deluxe resorts.
Oooh sounds like it’s a no brainer! I’ve seen some room pics which look fab. I can see the price difference on the website it less than $100 so hopefully it will be the same when I call to change :)

Oooh sounds like it’s a no brainer! I’ve seen some room pics which look fab. I can see the price difference on the website it less than $100 so hopefully it will be the same when I call to change :)
Less than 100= Absolutely worth it inho. Its sooo nice!

Also- with the tower you won't have a bad view. Don't spring for water view- the other side of the tower faces Epcot and HS. We had a fireworks view in our "standard view" room. If you're not facing the parks, the view on the other side is to the rest of the hotel with the lake, which is also lovely.

Less than 100= Absolutely worth it inho. Its sooo nice!

Also- with the tower you won't have a bad view. Don't spring for water view- the other side of the tower faces Epcot and HS. We had a fireworks view in our "standard view" room. If you're not facing the parks, the view on the other side is to the rest of the hotel with the lake, which is also lovely.
Amazing, thank you :) For our dates online the standard view tower is like $73 dollars more so I figure if I call to change it should be the same price. Not sure if there’s a change fee though?

Great tip about the standard view rooms. A view of fireworks from the room would be amazing!!

Amazing, thank you :) For our dates online the standard view tower is like $73 dollars more so I figure if I call to change it should be the same price. Not sure if there’s a change fee though?

Great tip about the standard view rooms. A view of fireworks from the room would be amazing!!
No change fee! I've had trips planned where I've changed rooms/Disney resorts multiple times due to shifting prices. You also can always monitor prices and if the room you already booked drops in price, you can call and they will give you the cheaper rate. Never a fee to change rooms or even to a different Disney resort. 🤩

Sounds like this is good for a chilled stay and easy access to refilling mugs. Also good for leaving to go the airport (pick up, luggage etc)

We only have one park day while there so not too worried about buses. Are the rooms nicer? It’s less than $100 to switch?
Yes they feel nicer to me. Deluxe vibes instead of moderate vibes. And easy airport luggage handling as you can DIY without any hassle.

No change fee! I've had trips planned where I've changed rooms/Disney resorts multiple times due to shifting prices. You also can always monitor prices and if the room you already booked drops in price, you can call and they will give you the cheaper rate. Never a fee to change rooms or even to a different Disney resort. 🤩
Oh sounds great! Just waiting to finish work and will give them a call - not going to tell my BF, it will be a nice surprise.

Yes they feel nicer to me. Deluxe vibes instead of moderate vibes. And easy airport luggage handling as you can DIY without any hassle.
That’s ideal - plan to Uber to the airport so would like to leave luggage on our last day.

Love the sound of the deluxe stay, we’ll be moving from AKL to CSR so hopefully a tower room will make us feel better about leaving the savannah behind

Yet another bus question for the Tower, as I keep getting conflicting information from people who have stayed there. I was told that the Tower is the last stop for the bus by most people, but several people completely contradict that by saying it was the first stop for them when they were there.

If indeed it is the last bus stop, how far a walk is it to the first bus stop from the Tower?

Thanks for the help!

Tower is bus stop #1. Buses going to parks stop in this order: #2, #3, #4, #1

Its a 10 minute walk from Tower to bus stop #2

So bus stop #1 is the last pickup before the buses leave for the park. I think that's where I'm getting confused, I figure Stop #1 would be the first pickup.

It's the last stop for buses going to the parks, but it is the first stop for buses going to Disney Springs.

Thank you. Not concerned with Disney Springs, but parks could be an issue. Hoping getting an early start will help, otherwise I think I'll be walking over to another bus stop.

Who can help me decide?? Mom and 13 y.o. son. We went to Disney last Spring Break on a random, spontaneous trip; stayed at POP. So busy, so hot, but had so much fun, that we decided to return! I am booked right now for AS Music. Our plan is to hit parks hard all day long! So maybe we won't be in the room that much. Skyliner will be down most of our trip.
Now, I'm wondering if we should make the change to something "nicer" - like Coronado! I can get it for about $150 more for my 5 night stay. But I would have to apply and get the card, cancel and rebook, etc. etc. etc.
Am I really adding anything by moving here, for a teen and mom? I really think we are going to be in the room from 9 pm to 7 am and that's it. We will not have a resort day or rest day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter