Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yes we did, thank you.

Yep poly we walk to TTC. For gf and cr we usually do 1 way mono 1 way ride share for Epcot.

However I was thinking how great the boats were and how much we enjoyed them. It was 70-80's and no rain. I think August and September WL would not be my 1st , 2nd or any choice lol.
One year we did WL in August. There was a Damm heat wave. Like way worse then normal August. We took the boat to CR for CM breakfast. Stepped foot outside and changed all outr fastpasses to the evening. Took the boat back to WL and spent the day in the pool enjoying some 🍹 it was brutal.

I actually found this to be true 😬 GF was a bucketlist for us and it by far had the most unfriendly CM we’d ever encountered at a hotel. No interest in going back.
Us too! It was several years ago, but the front desk CM was soooo condescending and sarcastic. I have a dark sense of humor and am pretty sarcastic myself, but he really caught me off guard.

Admittedly an unfair overgeneralization on my part, but I’ve never found the GF CMs to be all that friendly either.

Granted I think some if it is my flawed approach to GF - you get in your head “you’ve paid all this money for the flagship hotel/CL and it’ll be perfect in every way” and in reality it’s just a Disney CL with the usual pros/cons and CM experiences can ebb and flow by the shift change like everywhere.

Granted I haven’t been to GF since @sdk1231’s family member is working there, who I’m sure is fantastic! :-)

Wait: at GF they are charging you 6 trillion $/night AND they are mean?
Sometimes?? Yep sometimes they make you cringe.

My mom got locked out of our room. I said hey mbs not working, they said we can fix. I said she’s knocking on every door IN RPC. MAYBE you should fix it faster and get my elderly mom in HER room.

True story lol. My mb worked , then hers, then none all in the same arrival night.

Legit she was knocking on each room looking for me but I had popped down to lobby to look at the shops! I came up to see her at the far end of our hall knocking 🤪

Unfortunately we also had the same experience when we stayed at GF. It was a one and done for me and I wanted to love it.
Kind of crazy how many of us experienced this!

It's the first time I've ever stood around waiting to be helped without even a head not of acknowledgment that I was waiting. I mean, come on... even Value Cast Members at least make you feel welcomed. The Cast Members standing behind the desking chatting amongst themselves while people were in line. They also lost my luggage only later to realize it was indeed, sitting with all the other baggage the entire time.

It wasnt that I expected any special service because I was staying at GF. It was the fact that I didnt get the NORMAL Disney level of service that really threw me.

Wait: at GF they are charging you 6 trillion $/night AND they are mean?
I have found the concierge staff to be anywhere from good to beyond gracious and accommodating (we have had Meejay more than once, it sounds like she might be downstairs now from your post, @trishadono ?); bell services, the CMs out front (Richard 😭 ), the pool and cabana CMs, and Mousekeeping to be wonderful; and the front desk CMs (ETA: downstairs/main resort- NOT RPC) to be a bit lukewarm and apathetic.

Last edited:
Admittedly an unfair overgeneralization on my part, but I’ve never found the GF CMs to be all that friendly either.

Granted I think some if it is my flawed approach to GF - you get in your head “you’ve paid all this money for the flagship hotel/CL and it’ll be perfect in every way” and in reality it’s just a Disney CL with the usual pros/cons and CM experiences can ebb and flow by the shift change like everywhere.

Granted I haven’t been to GF since @sdk1231’s family member is working there, who I’m sure is fantastic! :-)
Ha ha ha!! Yes, my family member is fantastic! As far as the GF RPC CL goes... you're right that people shouldn't believe it will be "perfect in every way". Perfection is just too much to expect from human beings. And, some staff are better than others. That's just life.

That said, the RPC experience should feel different from what you get at other Disney CL's. RPC staff are trained differently than other CL staff. RPC staff can take shifts at other CL's, but not vice-versa, unless the person they trade with has worked RPC and maintained their "proficiencies". You should get much better food at RPC since it is provided by GF Culinary, which is quite high level.

As far as RPC Concierge (which I'm assuming is what is meant by "front desk"), my assumption is that it is the same as regular RPC staff, in that it is specially trained, can't trade shifts with non-RPC Concierge, etc. But I don't know that for a fact. I do know that with the remodel/reopening, the RPC Concierge staff is no longer allowed to just sit at their desks. They have to be standing now. Not easy for some of those staff who are more senior and/or have worked seated at a desk for years.

I do know that guest comments regarding RPC, both positive and negative, are taken extremely seriously by GF management. Even those comments that come via post-stay surveys, which I know a lot of people think just go into an abyss, are taken very seriously. Every positive survey comment is published and posted on a monthly basis. Other positive comments are recognized in other ways. Negative comments... well, you can imagine what happens with those. They are serious. That said, you are paying a lot of money to stay at RPC. If you feel that an RPC Concierge was "mean", then you should call them out on it. They have a job to do, are in a somewhat coveted position, and shouldn't be allowed to be "mean" to guests. There are probably plenty of "nice" people who would kill for that job.

As far as Concierge at the regular front desk downstairs in the lobby, who are the people I usually interact with because I usually stay Resort View, I've never had anything but positive and helpful interactions.

Hey guys! Wanted to follow up! Called back today, which is day 5 post stay, and we were able to get the resort we wanted with CL for an upcoming stay! I would still like to add one more day, but it wasn’t available, but the CM said I could keep checking back! I’m happy 😊
:wave2:Me again! Just wanted to update that I was just able to add that extra night of CL at WL with the BB offer! I figured I’d try calling again and was surprised when the CM said it was available! Definitely doesn’t hurt to keep calling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter