Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Saw this on another thread on another topic: https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level-and-adult-beverages.3892591/post-64321457

Maybe I've missed it, but has AKL CL always advertised a speciality drink like that? Ignoring the fact that the specific drink sounds pretty dreadful (in my opinion), seems like a nice touch to have a special/unique seasonal offering like that. I've often wished more CLs would do something similar.
I've never seen one but they all run so very differently I'm not sure it means much that AKL has one and others haven't
I mean, WL has beer on tap, no one else does.
A few serve their wine, a few don't.
A few who only serve open beers, a few who don't.
They all order the types/varieties of wines/beers they want, some sort of themed to the resort, some just what the manager chooses
From what I've gathered, especially in conversations with Lene at BWI, they are given great leeway in operations within the lounges. Within certain range of parameters of course but as long as they keep in within the rails what they do, is theirs to do. There's little that's standard. Especially when it comes to alcohol service.

Ku'ulei's Punch: Poly Club Level Punch Recipe
Makes 3 Gallons!!:dancer:
3 bottles white Zinfandel
12 ounces Chardonnay
6 ounces Grand Marnier
6 cans Sprite
6 cans frozen cranberry concentrate
1 can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
2 cans frozen orange guava passionfruit concentrate***
5 cans water
1 orange cut up
1 can pineapple tidbits with juice

*** I've never found this exact blend -- I get whatever sounds closest.

This is great for a party or the holidays. It's even better while looking out at the lagoon and the lit tiki torches.

On another club level thread people are talking about tipping club level staff. I was told by the staff at BW they cannot accept tips (this was pre-Covid) has the changed? I’m going in December and I don’t want to be the person who doesn’t tip if that’s the norm.

Anyone ever been here during a hurricane and did they keep the CL lounge open with food if the parks/restaurants had to close?
At the point in hurricane plan when the hotel restaurants and central kitchen have closed the lounges will no longer have a kitchen to prepare hot food and deserts.

It really depends on the track of the hurricane, the wind speeds and most importantly safety of Cast Members and Resort guests.

Dave

At the point in hurricane plan when the hotel restaurants and central kitchen have closed the lounges will no longer have a kitchen to prepare hot food and deserts.

It really depends on the track of the hurricane, the wind speeds and most importantly safety of Cast Members and Resort guests.

Dave
My great aunt was a lead at Contemporary for over 20 years, and she always talked about being asked to volunteer to stay during hurricanes. They asked people at all levels at the resort, including food service workers, because people who are guests and other staff riding out the storm still have to eat. They will usually have modified hours, and it won’t be as plentiful as usual (lower staff and they may run out of ingredients/food if it lasts long enough), but for the well-being of everyone on property they still provide food. My sister and I are meeting her daughters for brunch on our trip in December and were actually just talking about this, one of them worked food service there in college and my great-aunt would make her volunteer to stay (got on the subject because they know I have a trip coming soon, and were hoping it wasn’t during this storm). So yeah, it won’t be business as usual, but there will still be food if some kind.

On another club level thread people are talking about tipping club level staff. I was told by the staff at BW they cannot accept tips (this was pre-Covid) has the changed? I’m going in December and I don’t want to be the person who doesn’t tip if that’s the norm.

I always hesitate to answer tipping questions as it's so personal and you'll read different opinions... but we don't regularly tip CL CMs nor is it expected. I suspect the overwhelming large majority of guests don't tip (unless I'm just living in my own little cheap bubble and have no self-awareness). I'd like to think I'm a pretty generous service-industry tipper and I'm heavy handed especially at places like WDW, but the practical realities of a typical CL trip make it difficult in that setting.... so many CMs, shift changes, etc. I've often wished a quick slip of a $20 would get me Hoop-Dee-Doo reservations that evening - but alas, WDW CL doesn't really work that way.

CL CMs aren’t supposed to take tips (there are CM rules in play), although it does happen. I did tip once and I've often wondered if that money got turned in (which I think is what is supposed to happen) or never left his/her pocket. I'm guessing it never left their pocket. 8-)

Personally I keep track of names and make sure to write to guest services or talk to a resort manager if I want to show my appreciation/gratitude for someone. I keep a Notes list on my iPhone and try to jot it down right then or else I’m bound to forget names. Sometimes it’s hard while in the middle of a trip and running around, but I try to tell myself to do it. The "feedback" QR code/e-mail they send during your stay goes to a manager on duty and they do read them, in my experience.

I’ve read reports of people that bring little gifts from home or similar, but that’s always seemed a little messy to me - you can run across countless CMs over a CL stay, how do you possibly manage that, etc.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip!

I always hesitate to answer tipping questions as it's so personal and you'll read different opinions... but we don't regularly tip CL CMs nor is it expected. I suspect the overwhelming large majority of guests don't tip (unless I'm just living in my own little cheap bubble and have no self-awareness). I'd like to think I'm a pretty generous service-industry tipper and I'm heavy handed especially at places like WDW, but the practical realities of a typical CL trip make it difficult in that setting.... so many CMs, shift changes, etc. I've often wished a quick slip of a $20 would get me Hoop-Dee-Doo reservations that evening - but alas, WDW CL doesn't really work that way.

CL CMs aren’t supposed to take tips (there are CM rules in play), although it does happen. I did tip once and I've often wondered if that money got turned in (which I think is what is supposed to happen) or never left his/her pocket. I'm guessing it never left their pocket. 8-)

Personally I keep track of names and make sure to write to guest services or talk to a resort manager if I want to show my appreciation/gratitude for someone. I keep a Notes list on my iPhone and try to jot it down right then or else I’m bound to forget names. Sometimes it’s hard while in the middle of a trip and running around, but I try to tell myself to do it. The "feedback" QR code/e-mail they send during your stay goes to a manager on duty and they do read them, in my experience.

I’ve read reports of people that bring little gifts from home or similar, but that’s always seemed a little messy to me - you can run across countless CMs over a CL stay, how do you possibly manage that, etc.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you. I did try to tip once and was told they can’t accept it. In chatting with the CM they said if you offer 3 times they will take it but they must turn it over to their supervisor. The CM said it’s awkward and they prefer not to be put in that position so I never tried again. Since it’s been a few years (thanks Covid) I wanted to see if things have changed.

I always follow up at the end of the trip with managers and with post trip surveys to complement the wonderful club level CMs.

Kind of along the tipping questions....we've always printed cute envelopes and left tips for housekeeping every day in the past. I've read some conflicting info, but does anyone know if housekeeping is daily again or how often they might do that? We are staying in a Deluxe Room at WL. I guess I could just leave an envelope everyday and see if it's gone.

Kind of along the tipping questions....we've always printed cute envelopes and left tips for housekeeping every day in the past. I've read some conflicting info, but does anyone know if housekeeping is daily again or how often they might do that? We are staying in a Deluxe Room at WL. I guess I could just leave an envelope everyday and see if it's gone.

You won’t find it in writing anywhere, but Disney has been offering daily regular housekeeping service for club level rooms since CL reopened. So if you are inclined to tip, definitely leave it out daily. Enjoy your trip!

We were at BWI a few weeks ago and had some exceptional personal service, especially from Brittney who went out of her way to bring in black nail polish when I chipped a nail!!! Everyone was wonderful and helpful - I didn’t even realize who Lene was until the day we were leaving! We had an unopened bottle of Prosecco we brought to the desk for Brittney with a note in an envelope with some small bills (maybe enough for something for 14 or so people plus a little extra for Brittney just to cover all the staff we saw in and out of the lounge. Lene took he note and the bottle for us so I imagine it went to the right places per what the note said. Separately we had 2 rooms and left a lump sun on the last day in each room but we always leave $$ for housekeeping

Do they keep Club Level open during Hurricanes? For example the food and beverages in the lounge are still the same?

Yep I barely ate anything in both poly /gf lounges. Next up we will be non cl. I got a good rate for CR and kinda got our monies worth with 3 wine drinkers lol. However I think I’ll just buy a bottle and keep in my room for our poly trip in November.

Yep I asked the housekeeper for towels because we got back at 3:30 and ours was to be serviced next but we all wanted a shower NOW after a hot day at Epcot. She said to request early service for next morning. I will say I have not been betting room ready early or early servicing since Covid. It’s been frustrating.. Don’t even ask me about turndown, a much needed service lol.

With the tea room closed I fear scones are gone. The desserts all came from there. I miss the trifle so much!

We had a great trip but felt the cl did not add as much as in the past. The cutbacks can be felt. Little things like the lack of assortment in the coolers for example.

For Cr and poly I will prefer non cl in the future. Rpc I will still do if I can get a discount. The lounge itself is so spacious with 3 floors to spread out in.

I will keep an eye here, hopefully things will turn around.
That was my impression with CR CL. We had a decent stay at YC CL, and WL was pretty good, but CR was a disappointment.

Our WL and YC stays were both short, but our room was cleaned. At CR, our room was cleaned very late one day, and not cleaned at all another day. For us, that was not a huge deal, but we also miss the turndown. It is funny because we miss turndown almost more than having the room serviced. Some things don't matter to us, but having the trash pile up is terrible. With rates what they are, just, the trash should be emptied once a day.

We also miss the chocolates. Those were just a magical touch.

I'm really behind on things (high schoolers schedules have me acting as a taxi cab), but wanted to come on and say that I actually got a call from DSS today for my stay at WL CL in December. I for sure thought they were calling because of my CR Tower CL stay end of October, but no, it's for December lol. She was just reminding me of my ADR day, asked if I had questions or requests, and then said in a kinda sad voice "thank you for actually taking my call". I told her "If I see Lake Buena Vista on my phone I'm picking up!!" lol.

Also reading about all the BWI chef stuff has me sad I no longer have a friend working at WDW I can press for details (her fiance got a promotion and a subsequent move to Chicago, so she went with him), so sad.
We got a call today for our Yacht Club CL stay in December. It shocked me when I saw the call, our Contemporary CL stay in the spring called like 5 days before we went. I missed picking up the call as I juggled my toddler and phone, like just missed within a split second, I was bummed. I called back immediately because had dietary things and room request but I spoke with someone else. She was great though.

Speaking of spending Disney money. Like a sucker we bought a few new MB+ for a recent trip. I can usually find at least a little good in most Disney things, and maybe as we use them more I’ll find it… but they sure did seem like a bit of a waste… not to mention the annoyance of having more things to charge….kids arguing because one band goes off and the other’s didn’t, etc. Just all seemed rather silly. What am I missing?
Ours did not work either. We spent about 2 hours in Guest Services too. At the end of it, she said maybe they'd pair after everything was fully charged. In short, we got some of the bands to work some of the time.

I would also say, though hard to describe in a forum post, but charging the bands was a hassle for us as well. It is good the night stands have many ports, but the space is a bit too small to have so many devices charging and cables. They fit, but it was a jumble. In the morning when you are trying to get G+, and get breakfast at 7am, and try to make Early entry, and you need to remember your band and try to get it to pair = just too much.

After we returned, I emailed WDW and listed all our problems. (not just the bands!) They did get back to me. They gave me a giftcard for the amount we spent on the bands. Not exactly a true refund, but something. WDW knows the bands don't work. I feel like we had to really push to get that giftcard, and we lost quite a bit of vacation time trying to get them to pair. I truly hope they will fix the problems.

That was my impression with CR CL. We had a decent stay at YC CL, and WL was pretty good, but CR was a disappointment.

Our WL and YC stays were both short, but our room was cleaned. At CR, our room was cleaned very late one day, and not cleaned at all another day. For us, that was not a huge deal, but we also miss the turndown. It is funny because we miss turndown almost more than having the room serviced. Some things don't matter to us, but having the trash pile up is terrible. With rates what they are, just, the trash should be emptied once a day.

We also miss the chocolates. Those were just a magical touch.
Agree! I miss turndown and chocolates! I think I would rather they cleaned my room at 5p when I am not in it than 3p when I want a shower and rest.

Booked at Yacht Club. Does the lounge have the water machine like what is at CR atrium club? My husband is a big sparkling water drinker. That machine was a big hit. If they don’t have it is there sparkling water available or should I order some in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter