Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not sure how I did it, but I got my DH to agree to “one final trip” before my AP expires. We have 24 days until our CR CL stay. Hoping to grab a BB then for an early fall trip. Kind of hoping to try BWI, but will “settle” for any CL that is available. I am waiting for Fall discounts and AP rates as well, but figure BB will be a better discount.

Last edited:
Thanks for pics and information! Can we get food at Oasis Grill as well and bring to the lounge? Or is it even open at dinner time (5-6 for kids)?
lol I made a dis friend do that. She was with her aunt 80+ . I said come girls let's go to the lounge and cool off a bit. We were all covered and dry FYI.

They ordered at the pool then we just took food to lounge and got free beverages there.

Hours change so often I don't know but CC's is always open for the most part if needed.

Hi from the YC! We were up at 2:45, left for the airport at 3:50. We have TSA precheck so security was a breeze. And I love SW’s new “tag your own luggage” set up too. After parking, checking our bags & security, we were at the Tim Horton’s counter getting some breakfast by 4:35. (We’d rather be early than rush to the gate). Flight was on time leaving at 6:10.

We used Tiffany Towncar & were at the resort by 9:30, 1 hour after landing. No greeter outside. Asked the bellman outside about checking in for club level but he didn’t know anything about it so into the lobby we went. There were a couple of parties in line but a CM with an iPad started helping the folks in line. When she got to us I told her we were CL so she took us right upstairs. No wait there & we had the friendliest CM check us in. I think her name was Marissa, & she was so sweet & energetic.

A few updates about the lounge: they now have mini quiche & crepes in the breakfast rotation. Marissa said they have added kid friendly options at 5 pm like chicken nuggets, Mac & cheese & pigs in a blanket. Also, the big news: the food service times are the same, but the lounge is now open 24 hours — it no longer closes between food service times! I know that is something that has disappointed many guests in the past, so hope this change sticks.

We hung in the lounge for a bit then headed to the new market to browse. They have a nice Yacht Club hoodie that will be coming home with me!! So great to see the resort specific merchandise back. We hit our room ready text at 10:40. I love this view! The room has 2 queen beds & the sofa with the tub/ shower combo. I would like a shower only room sometime but I’ll take the view over the shower. We are a few rooms from the lounge which sometimes makes me nervous about Hall noise, but so far so good.

View attachment 316273

Thanks for the update. I love that they are all keeping the lounges open. Great View!! Enjoy!

Few pics from my balcony last night!!! I honestly can’t describe how much I love the Polynesian!!! Don’t know how I’ll ever be able to NOT stay Club Level now!!! My kids really don’t know how truly lucky they are!!!!

Hope pics are posting!! :)

I understand completely - there is no lounge like the Poly. Truly amazing. Enjoy.

Poly CL or AKL CL? I keep going back and forth on which one to pick

Which park will you be at the most? If you are doing MK the most than I would stay at the Poly - if not then the AKL would be good. Or you can do a split stay.

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. Trying to catch up reading this thread (missed notifications on watches thread somehow).

We are booked to stay CL level at BWI in September. This is our first time, at this resort and booking CL. Considering adding the DDP too. DH & I do like to eat TS but not 3 meals a day. We'll spend some time in parks but plan resorts days too and also like to explore other resorts. Already have some ADRs booked.

My question - Is it too much (foodwise) to do the CL level AND add the DDP?

It would be too much food for us - but even if it isn't - I don't think the DDP would save money anyway.

Unless you both have HUGE appetites and/or don't plan on spending much time in the Club Lounge and enjoying the wonderful foods there: CL and DDP would likely be way too much food.

IMHO,
Yes, it is too much food!
Even if you decide to dine at TS every night, you won't use all your credits.
CL breakfast is pretty good, and unless you want Mickey waffles every am, you can make a pretty substantial meal from CL offerings.

Too much! I would say the only exception is if you plan on doing a character lunch every day. I think that it may be worth it if you are interested in that. Otherwise anything that takes you away from resort time isn't a good idea when you are enjoying CL!

Thanks to you all for your feedback. I was thinking of it as more of a convenience (it's prepaid so we wouldn't need to worry about it) but what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

You will definitely enjoy AKL CL. That was our first trip with the kids two years ago and they loved the animals and the whole resort feel. I think because it was our first trip we were trying to do a lot with the parks so didn't end up using the lounge as much, we used it for breakfast every morning. This trip to WL is a bit more relaxing as we are not trying to do everything at once, so enjoying the resort more. I will say the transportation options are nice. Taking the ferry is very relaxing, may not be the fastest but it is nice. Last at close it was amazing the crowds going to the monorails and the large ferry and we just had a short ten minute wait for the ferry back.

One funny story I have to tell, completely unrelated, as fellow disers will laugh. First off I am not a Disney expert by any stretch, just follow these boards and do basic planning, not every minute is planned. So last night we were waiting to take the ferry from WL to MK, about 7pm. For those of you that have not stayed here there are two ferries that go from WL, one to MK and the other to CR/FW. The line was much bigger for the MK ferry, as we were waiting the other ferry arrived. The family behind us was wondering why the line wasn't moving and why it was going so fast for the other line. The husband said out loud "maybe that is the fastpass line?" He was not joking. I was good and restrained sarcastic me from saying "oh that is a tough FP to get". Nope, I explained to him what the ferry was for, turns out they just wanted a ride on the lake so they just hopped on that ferry and were as happy as can be. Just walking around the resorts and parks you do realize people really dont do a whole lot of planning or read the boards. Which is ok, they of course are having a great time. And it is good for us that we can get FOP fastpasses as people search for the ferry FP.

Anyway, that is my morning report from the WL CL lounge (very relaxing this morning, only two other families in the lounge right now).
Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip!
Maybe I missed it but can you post what the current wines are at WL? Also what are some of the evening apps and desserts? Do they offer any other hot items in the morning except oatmeal? And one last question.... If you don't mind to ask a CM, are there any rooms with a king bed (non suite) on the CL floor?

We booked lagoon view so I was excited for any room but this is just amazing!!! Will definitely fill you in @GADisneyDad14 when I’m back!!

Awesome view! Looking forward to your review when you return :).

Few pics from my balcony last night!!! I honestly can’t describe how much I love the Polynesian!!! Don’t know how I’ll ever be able to NOT stay Club Level now!!! My kids really don’t know how truly lucky they are!!!!

Hope pics are posting!! :)

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Glad you're having a great time and enjoying Poly CL :goodvibes.

Poly CL or AKL CL? I keep going back and forth on which one to pick

We've stayed at both resorts (although not CL at either) and both are great! I am always reading great things about both CLs, so I'd choose the one that the theme/decor appeals to you the most as I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good luck :wizard:.

Hi from the YC! We were up at 2:45, left for the airport at 3:50. We have TSA precheck so security was a breeze. And I love SW’s new “tag your own luggage” set up too. After parking, checking our bags & security, we were at the Tim Horton’s counter getting some breakfast by 4:35. (We’d rather be early than rush to the gate). Flight was on time leaving at 6:10.

Hope you have a great stay! :wizard:

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. Trying to catch up reading this thread (missed notifications on watches thread somehow).

We are booked to stay CL level at BWI in September. This is our first time, at this resort and booking CL. Considering adding the DDP too. DH & I do like to eat TS but not 3 meals a day. We'll spend some time in parks but plan resorts days too and also like to explore other resorts. Already have some ADRs booked.

A few years ago we were staying at the BWI CL and my husband really wanted to try the deluxe dining plan. Oh my never again!! We ate a later 2 credit dinner every night and had breakfast at the Crystal Palace one morning and still had trouble using all of our credits. We we're stuffed all the time and even though we enjoyed eating all the highest priced items on every menu we will never do that again. The BWI CL night time food is really good and sometimes we will use that as a light meal. It would be a shame to miss all that the CL has to offer in my opinion but your mileage may vary. Have a great trip!

I've done both and to me it's a toss up. We use all our ts regardless as we like to do 1ts a day. Dh doesn't consider only eating qs for the week as real meals. He eats on the go at work so really enjoys the sit down dining. We also have several must dos, like ohanas (breakfast and dinner), CM, trex and yachtsman. My 13yo also wants steak everyday (never ate it until we forced him to try it at yachtsman). So for us, with the buffets being on the pricier side of meals, we do get some value out of it. We also like to snack and they have at least a mickey pretzel or ice cream everyday. We don't also eat a qs everyday because of the lounge. I love cashing in my leftover credits for snacks to bring home. So I think it depends on how many ts you have and how you snack. We never do a qs breakfast. Just the character meals my kids want or the lounge. Honestly, I've done both and it's still a toss up for me.

I've done both and to me it's a toss up. We use all our ts regardless as we like to do 1ts a day. Dh doesn't consider only eating qs for the week as real meals. He eats on the go at work so really enjoys the sit down dining. We also have several must dos, like ohanas (breakfast and dinner), CM, trex and yachtsman. My 13yo also wants steak everyday (never ate it until we forced him to try it at yachtsman). So for us, with the buffets being on the pricier side of meals, we do get some value out of it. We also like to snack and they have at least a mickey pretzel or ice cream everyday. We don't also eat a qs everyday because of the lounge. I love cashing in my leftover credits for snacks to bring home. So I think it depends on how many ts you have and how you snack. We never do a qs breakfast. Just the character meals my kids want or the lounge. Honestly, I've done both and it's still a toss up for me.

I suppose this is more a post on the post you're posting on than your post, lol.

We found OOP to do perfect for CL as we tended to really just eat sporadically and definetly not needing all meals while on CL. It varied by day. And I have 2 growing boys and a big husband. We did have a few ADRs planned, but then they just got whatever they wanted whenever. If the kid wanted a big ghiardelli sundae while we were there, so be it. Or they just wanted QS often times. But maybe one person did and others weren't hungry after just wanting to eat churros and salted caramels part of the day. Also, depending how much was eaten at what times at CL, since basically there is food there all day long. We cant put away that much food comfortably. The flexibility of grabbing whatever whenever is good in this circumstance. Maybe you just need the sausage grinder in Germany or the burger somewhere and are not looking for a full meal where now you have to get fries, or a big sit down and need the dessert too, since essentially you will already be eating a ton of dessert if desired at CL.

So excited! We're doing a split stay and will be at the BC CL May 16-19 after a few days at CR. This will be my first time staying club level! The only sad part is that I'll be 5 months pregnant and my husband doesn't drink so we can't take advantage of the alcoholic beverages... :sad: :rolleyes:

Is this a recent thing? I have stayed BC before, but not CL and I thought I read that the lounge closed between services. This is great news for when a member of our party is trying to sleep, the rest of us can use the lounge:-)
When we were there in March, the lounge was open 24 hours. There is nothing available to eat or drink, but you can "h
So excited! We're doing a split stay and will be at the BC CL May 16-19 after a few days at CR. This will be my first time staying club level! The only sad part is that I'll be 5 months pregnant and my husband doesn't drink so we can't take advantage of the alcoholic beverages... :sad: :rolleyes:
Neither I not DH enjoy adult beverages and we still felt we got a lot of value from the food and no adult beverages. Our only disappointment was that we were not allowed any water bottles. Which, even if we had not taken them to the parks would have been nice to enjoy with a meal and to use in room at bedtime. I know some CL still give water bottles. BC did not...

Has the CLFP program led to increased demand for club level? I'm having serious trouble finding a CL room (admittedly, I do need a specific long weekend in October and yeah, October is always crazy busy). But all I can find is rack rate GF RPC. Which is OK -- I have wanted to stay there. But I really wanted BWI CL... next time, I suppose.

We went a bunch in 2017 and I don't recall availability ever like I am seeing. So does it have to do with the new CLFPs?

I miss the days of the kids in preschool. Now that the oldest is in kindergarten, it's harder to plan trips far in advance because I don't always have access to the next year academic calendar. Such is life, I'm excited to try out GF RPC.

Last edited:
It would be too much food for us - but even if it isn't - I don't think the DDP would save money anyway.

Thank you! I'm thinking we will pass. We do like to eat but I dont want to be in a food coma either.[/QUOTE]

We like to eat too. :yay: but I am sure the DDP would not save money. We always eat at least 1 TS meal a day but the appetizers are wonderful at most of the CL lounges - enough that you could skip dinner or make it part of dinner. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter