Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I'm not sure I can get the "value" from Club Level - we've got quite a few dining reservations set and one of the nights at Poly they aren't even doing a fireworks show at MK, but we're really looking forward to it anyway - if just so we can intentionally annoy all of our usual travelling group (with whom we are renting an off property house near Disney the following August) with tales of the King Kamehameha club.

Anyway, any tips, tricks or things to look forward to at Poly Club Level ? I'm a little worried I will try to drink my body weight in POG juice and "free" beer .... but looking forward to the challenge.

By no 'fireworks show' do you mean that is a party night? They will still have fireworks that you can watch from the beach.

I would think about rearranging some dinner plans in order to take advantage of the evening cocktail hour. Things we do when we stay CL: have our main meal at lunch or breakfast instead of dinner, make ADRs for the nights we may not be staying CL, no dinner buffets during CL, so we can order only what we want, make sure all the ADR times that we do keep allow a leisurely stay for cocktail hour and transportation time to the ADR.

Oh Interesting. I had mentioned hard to get reservations and she said it's never been a problem to grab the hard to get ones.

Ha, you must have switched to BC?? :-)

I agree with the PPs... DSS will make ADRs for you if you’d like them to, although a lot of folks don’t like giving up so much control to them and the “unknowns” of exactly when/what time they book them on your 180 day can frustrate some (especially nervous/controlling planners).

You ‘generally’ read positive experiences but will occasionally read “they didn’t get anything I wanted” type of comments, so like with many things Disney and CL, YMMV!

Good luck!

By no 'fireworks show' do you mean that is a party night? They will still have fireworks that you can watch from the beach.

I would think about rearranging some dinner plans in order to take advantage of the evening cocktail hour. Things we do when we stay CL: have our main meal at lunch or breakfast instead of dinner, make ADRs for the nights we may not be staying CL, no dinner buffets during CL, so we can order only what we want, make sure all the ADR times that we do keep allow a leisurely stay for cocktail hour and transportation time to the ADR.

I’m guessing but I think his date may be 11/30, which if I’m not mistaken is a special CM night at the MK.

But if it is just a party night, I agree, watching party fireworks from Poly is :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:.

Hi all. We've got a first ever "on-property" stay (at least with the kids) coming up in November/December. Rather than do a trip to Italy with just the wife and I for our 20th, we decided to surprise the kids with a Christmas trip to their favorite place on Earth. We're doing 5 days at BWV, and then had plans to move to the Polynesian for the last 2 nights, since I've been wanting to stay there since I first set foot in Disney in 1982. Like any good Disboarder, I check my reservations daily just to see what might open up and this weekend, after 3 months of regular checking showing the Poly was completely full, a Club Level (Garden View) room popped up. As this is probably our only chance to splurge for a while (kid #1 starts college next year), we jumped on it.

I'm not sure I can get the "value" from Club Level - we've got quite a few dining reservations set and one of the nights at Poly they aren't even doing a fireworks show at MK, but we're really looking forward to it anyway - if just so we can intentionally annoy all of our usual travelling group (with whom we are renting an off property house near Disney the following August) with tales of the King Kamehameha club.

I noticed on the first page of this thread, when discussing the Polynesian, it mentions the Club and the resort undergoing a great deal of construction - am I correct that the construction is completed, and maybe that section is just a little out of date ? Hope so.

Anyway, any tips, tricks or things to look forward to at Poly Club Level ? I'm a little worried I will try to drink my body weight in POG juice and "free" beer .... but looking forward to the challenge.

Just FYI, page 1 is terribly out of date. Poly construction is long gone, so nothing to worry about there!

Ha, you must have switched to BC?? :-)

I agree with the PPs... DSS will make ADRs for you if you’d like them to, although a lot of folks don’t like giving up so much control to them and the “unknowns” of exactly when/what time they book them on your 180 day can frustrate some (especially nervous/controlling planners).

You ‘generally’ read positive experiences but will occasionally read “they didn’t get anything I wanted” type of comments, so like with many things Disney and CL, YMMV!

Good luck!
This hotel is for my birthday stay in May. Still have the Contemporary booked for New Years 2019, although I did modify that a bit to do a split stay with Yacht Club to experience both parks for the New Years.

I think I'm okay with them booking my reservations. I had originally had a week long stay planned and decided to split it into two different weekend stays so I don't have to take time off from work. The first stay in April I'm doing my hard to get reservations. The May one I want Le Cellier and Hollywood Brown Derby, I don't think those are super hard to get.

Couple of comments about our first stay club level at Polynesian.
First, we are 3rd floor Hawaii building with theme park view. The first night we checked in was the first time we have ever seen Hallowishes and it is AMAZING!
The CMs are incredible! I am probably in a small minority here but I emailed a list of dining reservations we wanted and they were able to secure them all. I sent the list a few days before our 180 day window opened.
Finally, we were out a little too late at MNSSHP the other night and missed an early dining reservation at 'Ohana. They cancelled and helped me rebook a later morning time.

As someone posted above, our check in night is 11/30 and they are doing a CM event at MK, so no fireworks at all. We have an 8pm Ohana that night and were looking forward to watching from there. Now that we are CL, well just get to Poly really early and let the kids swim for a few hours (if warm enough) .... we should have some lounge time before.

Next day well probably do Kona for breakfast, then MK until around 2pm. Got Cali Grill at 7pm that night with 10pm Christmas Wishes, but rather than watvh from Cali, well either go to the CL Lounge or watch from beach.

I thought that you couldn't book ADR's until 6am eastern. Can you really have access at midnight and is that Eastern time? I would much rather stay up until midnight than get up at 5am our time.
My bad! Was traveling when my window opened so my mem is all screwed up & I had midnight on the brain!

With the announcement about FP extending to some Good Neighbor hotels, I was wondering if any of you had ever used the concierge to help secure FP? I'm able to start booking my family's FP on December 24th, but am worried about this increased competitions for thinks like FOP and FOE. Has the CL ever been able to actually help with FP?

With the announcement about FP extending to some Good Neighbor hotels, I was wondering if any of you had ever used the concierge to help secure FP? I'm able to start booking my family's FP on December 24th, but am worried about this increased competitions for thinks like FOP and FOE. Has the CL ever been able to actually help with FP?
I don't have previous experience, but when I spoke with them yesterday about the dining I asked about FP. She said I should book my own fast passes since they don't get in until 9am so if I wanted FOP I should try myself.

Going to AKL Club at the weekend, Do they still have the greeters meeting the Magical Express to take you straight up, or do we have to make ourselves known?

I don't have previous experience, but when I spoke with them yesterday about the dining I asked about FP. She said I should book my own fast passes since they don't get in until 9am so if I wanted FOP I should try myself.

I was told that too when I called back in August as we were going to be in Scotland. Very nice CM said since they don't get in until 9 and FP opens at 7 am est I could miss out on a pass I really wanted for a ride. I did end up doing my own FP plans as with the time difference we were up and around and all worked well

I did my own at 4am CA time. Ick!! But no regrets! As it was at the time I couldn't get FOP or 7DMT & we have an 8 day trip. Prob would have missed NRJ if I'd had DSS book them. (And this was pre thousands of other guests being added to the competition.)

Same as others, I booked my own fast passes. I booked my FOP first (day 7 of 7 day trip so could get availability). Would recommend booking in order of most difficult fast passes to secure.

WDW. Some of the hotels by Disney Springs will be getting the 60 day FP advantage.
boo! Don't tell my DH. That was one of my reasons for justifying not staying at those that we could use points to pay for. Disney math at its best! :rolleyes1

What is the reasoning for this? Doesn't that devalue a Disney resort? Especially, a value resort? I guess transportation and EMH are still there.

boo! Don't tell my DH. That was one of my reasons for justifying not staying at those that we could use points to pay for. Disney math at its best! :rolleyes1

What is the reasoning for this? Doesn't that devalue a Disney resort? Especially, a value resort? I guess transportation and EMH are still there.
I'm not happy about the change, I feel like they keep taking advantages of staying on property away. I'm guessing it has to do with money. They are probably charging those hotels a lot so they can get this advantage. Maybe they'll change onsite to 90 days instead.

I'm not happy about the change, I feel like they keep taking advantages of staying on property away. I'm guessing it has to do with money. They are probably charging those hotels a lot so they can get this advantage. Maybe they'll change onsite to 90 days instead.

Agreeed. Now if only I could just book a FP now based on estimated vacation dates for the next 10 years or so... hehehehe.

As someone who always rents a car too, there's no bonus for the ME, and now competing against Good Neighbor hotels for FP, makes it harder to justify aside from "theme".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter