Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Either of you @beesly or @GADisneyDad14 have experience how much a cab or uber will be for this trip? :) Never took MDE this late either from the airport - wondering how busy the bus may be or how long we'll be at the airport waiting for the bus to depart at that hour. Im exhausted thinking about this day but waking up and already being there will be worth it. :)

Either of you @beesly or @GADisneyDad14 have experience how much a cab or uber will be for this trip? :) Never took MDE this late either from the airport - wondering how busy the bus may be or how long we'll be at the airport waiting for the bus to depart at that hour. Im exhausted thinking about this day but waking up and already being there will be worth it. :)

I've paid about $15-$20 for taxi rides and no more than $9 for basic uber rides on Disney property. Here are the options available for your route on Uber right now:
Uber.png

Following up on my prior update that United changed our flight time by hours on arrival day, we decided to change flights and fly in the night prior and stay in ASMo (flight doesn't arrive until 10:33 pm and by the time we get to the resort it'll likely be close to midnight - plus after getting up early for work and school that morning we're just looking for a crash pad for the night, wake up and head right to the Poly) . :)

We do this all the time and while it will be a long day, it's worth it to do your traveling the night before and wake up in Disney the next morning :goodvibes.

Never took MDE this late either from the airport - wondering how busy the bus may be or how long we'll be at the airport waiting for the bus to depart at that hour. Im exhausted thinking about this day but waking up and already being there will be worth it. :)

We've never used DME, but have arrived many times that late and have never seen a lot of people waiting. Hopefully others will post their experience, but I don't think it will be too busy or that you'll have too long of a wait ;).

I'm a bad person to ask about DME. I have typically used Tiffany Towncar, or rented a car a couple of times. I'll admit, I just get antsy once I arrive and don't feel like waiting on DME, nor do I like the three hour return window. I do enough commuting and sitting around airports IRL, I go to Disney to get away from that. :-)

@beesly covered the uber question but FWIW, I took a cab from Poly to AK two weeks ago and it was nearly $20. I took Uber on the way back and it was $10.17. I think Uber gets my business from now on.

We do this all the time and while it will be a long day, it's worth it to do your traveling the night before and wake up in Disney the next morning :goodvibes.

We've never used DME, but have arrived many times that late and have never seen a lot of people waiting. Hopefully others will post their experience, but I don't think it will be too busy or that you'll have too long of a wait ;).

Thank you! And I totally agree, the traveling will be tough but so excited to wake up and already be there. Who knows, maybe some of us will even get a little nap in on the flight. :)

I'm a bad person to ask about DME. I have typically used Tiffany Towncar, or rented a car a couple of times. I'll admit, I just get antsy once I arrive and don't feel like waiting on DME, nor do I like the three hour return window. I do enough commuting and sitting around airports IRL, I go to Disney to get away from that. :-)

@beesly covered the uber question but FWIW, I took a cab from Poly to AK two weeks ago and it was nearly $20. I took Uber on the way back and it was $10.17. I think Uber gets my business from now on.

Thank you :) I get antsy as well, once we get to DME we'll see what the wait time is and if it appears we'll be sitting there some time, may just head to a cab line and be done. Also highly depends on moodiness of child who will either be exhausted or adrenaline filled.

Thank you :) I get antsy as well, once we get to DME we'll see what the wait time is and if it appears we'll be sitting there some time, may just head to a cab line and be done. Also highly depends on moodiness of child who will either be exhausted or adrenaline filled.
We arrived that late one year. Remember you have to get your own luggage. DME was very quick. 1 stop before us and we didn't wait long for the bus to leave.

ErinsMommy, I have never done DME late but something to think about is that I have read trip reports where people have not received their luggage until very late or the next morning when having DME handle it from a late flight. You might want to think about what you have in your carry on or I think you can not use the DME tags and grab your own luggage. Like I said, I have never done this just read on the boards.

GADisneyDad14 your reports rock!!! I saw the dress below on the old navy website. To me it looks just like the palm print in your picture of the coffee counter. No wonder I was inexplicably drawn to it. Poly resort wear!

cn13291180.jpg

I'm assuming your daughter is over booster seat age/size? That's one area I struggle with both uber and cabs with kids my age. It's not an option at all if DD is with us. DS is borderline but really should be in a booster seat. I 'think' Uber has a UberFamily option that has car seats, but haven't looked into that. I've only very selectively used cabs or uber because of this. (Hopefully no flaming please).

I'm assuming your daughter is over booster seat age/size? That's one area I struggle with both uber and cabs with kids my age. It's not an option at all if DD is with us. DS is borderline but really should be in a booster seat. I 'think' Uber has a UberFamily option that has car seats, but haven't looked into that. I've only very selectively used cabs or uber because of this. (Hopefully no flaming please).

Yes, she's 10 - took her "foreverrrr" (her words) to get out of the booster because of her smaller size -- but lucky for her she aged out of the booster sooner than she weighted/heighted out. Pretty sure if by weight/height, she would still be in one and hate me forever and ever. LOL. Ahh the drama of a tween. Enjoy the younger years while you can :)

ErinsMommy, I have never done DME late but something to think about is that I have read trip reports where people have not received their luggage until very late or the next morning when having DME handle it from a late flight. You might want to think about what you have in your carry on or I think you can not use the DME tags and grab your own luggage. Like I said, I have never done this just read on the boards.

I believe DME doesn't pick up bags after 10:00 pm -- which in our case is half an hour before our flight even arrives - so unless we get lucky and we get some good weather and the plane arrives sooner, we're taking our luggage anyway. :)

We almost always fly in the night before so we don't miss a minute of CL:). However, like Gadisneydad, we are too impatient to wait for the DME...especially late at night when we're already tired! If you're already going to have to get your own luggage anyway, why not just stay at the Hyatt at the airport and get a cab/Uber the next morning? We have done this a few times and it worked out pretty well. There are varying opinions about the Hyatt at MCO, but we liked it and I'm pretty sure a few other Disers I know like it too. Just a thought. You might just want to get there...and I understand that too! Have a great trip!!

We almost always fly in the night before so we don't miss a minute of CL:). However, like Gadisneydad, we are too impatient to wait for the DME...especially late at night when we're already tired! If you're already going to have to get your own luggage anyway, why not just stay at the Hyatt at the airport and get a cab/Uber the next morning? We have done this a few times and it worked out pretty well. There are varying opinions about the Hyatt at MCO, but we liked it and I'm pretty sure a few other Disers I know like it too. Just a thought. You might just want to get there...and I understand that too! Have a great trip!!

Thank you - that was my thought too but DH wants to be on property that night. I'm just happy he agreed to fly in the night before -- I told him I'll sleep in the airport on the Orlando side if need be. LOL :)

I'm a bad person to ask about DME. I have typically used Tiffany Towncar, or rented a car a couple of times. I'll admit, I just get antsy once I arrive and don't feel like waiting on DME, nor do I like the three hour return window.

We're the same way, it's a rental car or car service for us (we always use Tiffany Town Car). We like to arrive and be on our way without having to wait and/or make stops before arriving at our resort. I also like being on my own schedule as far as getting back to the airport, so I know I wouldn't like leaving the resort 3+ hours prior to my flight.

Thank you! And I totally agree, the traveling will be tough but so excited to wake up and already be there. Who knows, maybe some of us will even get a little nap in on the flight. :)

It is a good feeling once you're there! And a nap on the plane is always a possibility :goodvibes.

Ahh the drama of a tween. Enjoy the younger years while you can :)

I agree! My boys are young adults ages 22 & (almost) 24 and I really don't know where the years went :(.

FWIW the Hyatt is more expensive (for us anyway as a family of 5 with an 18 yo) than a room at a moderate for a night would be. We have a similar dilemma regarding getting in late at night.

FWIW the Hyatt is more expensive (for us anyway as a family of 5 with an 18 yo) than a room at a moderate for a night would be. We have a similar dilemma regarding getting in late at night.
I agree. We are getting in late this year too. Probably won't get to the resort until 10:30. We checked prices for the Hyatt and it was pretty expensive. My husband wants to just get to the Contemporary even though we will be paying for a club level room and not even reaping the benefits that day. Guess we'll have to eat a lot of breakfast the next morning to make up for it:teeth: :drinking1.

Following up on my prior update that United changed our flight time by hours on arrival day, we decided to change flights and fly in the night prior and stay in ASMo (flight doesn't arrive until 10:33 pm and by the time we get to the resort it'll likely be close to midnight - plus after getting up early for work and school that morning we're just looking for a crash pad for the night, wake up and head right to the Poly) . :)

Question though: what is the best way to transfer from AsMo to Poly in the morning? I know AsMo bellhop can probably move our luggage from one resort to the next, but if we take a cab or Uber can we just load that up and go and leave our luggage with Poly bellhop until our room is ready? Will they then deliver our luggage to the room at that point, or will we need to pick it up from bellhop and take it to our room? Also how early will we be able to check-in? I know the room will most likely not be ready - but if we want to grab a quick breakfast bite in the club, can we do this?

TIA :)

Always better to start a Disney trip asap!! Our trip in January we did the same thing - checked into ASMu for one night (which I have to say pleasantly surprised me) before moving to AKL for the rest of the trip. We saw no reason to spend the extra $250 for those few hours.

I can report back on how the transfer to Poly works exactly in a couple of weeks! We start the week out at AoA before moving to Poly CL TPV later in the week. The day we move to Poly is EMH morning at Epcot. So, we will be up at the crack of dawn that morning, throwing everything in the rental car and pulling into the Poly parking sometime before 7:00 am. I don't think there are CMs at the CL desk until 7:00 am?? I plan on dropping the luggage off at Bell Services and seeing what way of check-in is available - hoping we will be whisked over to CL check-in. I'm looking to pump the husband and grumpy, weary 20-somethings with some club level carbs and caffeine for the walk over to TTC.

We've done split stays on many trips and have never used bell services to transfer luggage because I have heard that it can take hours for the transfer to be completed. I'd rather have control over it. I plan on keeping a bag with everyone's bathing suits in the rental car in case the room isn't ready for us when we get back to the Poly around 2:00.

The reason we can move the luggage ourselves is that we always rent a car. Like others have said - I'm very antsy and don't want to wait for DME and all of the resort stops that may come before mine! And the part I dislike even more is not being able to pick the time I leave the resort for the airport - and if I miss the bus... So, I can't comment on DME late at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter