Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

How many CL visitors have Annual Passes? And use them to get discount stays.

We have AP for all of us and usually use our AP discount. One year it saved us so much money that it just about paid for all of our APs. They allow you a few rooms and our parents were coming with us. This time our oldest DD is interning for Disney in NYC and we get her wonderful CM discounts. :dogdance:

I know this isn't the norm, but I have to give a big shout out to DSS. I had booked O'hana for 9:50pm for 9/20, as that was the only day & time available when I was making ADR's. I set up the reservation finder on touring plans and I was stalking the MDE multiple times a day for an earlier time with no luck. I had to call DSS today for help with something else and figured I would ask them to check quick. She looked and came back with a 7:50pm opening!! I am sure it was just lucky timing, but I was soooo excited!

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I don't normally let my kid have fruit loops at home, so I thought it might be good to have a treat on hand in case of emergency (aka meltdown) in a park. He is normally a very easy, happy-go-lucky kid, but you never know when they may turn on you! ;)

For at least 3 years my DD thought they only made Froot Loops at Disney :rolleyes1 - until one day about a year ago we walked into the Duane Reade and there they were on and endcap - and she was like MOM!!!!! :duck:
I still think it is one of the reasons she loves Disney - she gets to eat Froot Loops! :yay:

For at least 3 years my DD thought they only made Froot Loops at Disney :rolleyes1 - until one day about a year ago we walked into the Duane Reade and there they were on and endcap - and she was like MOM!!!!! :duck:
I still think it is one of the reasons she loves Disney - she gets to eat Froot Loops! :yay:

We had a very similar situation with our DD! She met Fruit Loops while stay CL when she was 3 and we were successful with making her think they only existed at Disney in their lounges for quite a while! Even though she now knows you can find them at the grocery store anytime, she never asks for them outside of WDW - to her they are the big treat while on vacation! That and rice crispy treats for breakfast (don't judge! LOL!) :-)

I have a question. Would it be frowned upon for me to take some cereal from the lounge in a snack cup in the morning for my toddler to eat later? I know such a thing is not acceptable at a buffet, but I wasn't sure if the club lounges have different etiquette. I don't want to be committing any faux pas!!
Not at all! BWI had plastic bags next to their snack offerings (granola, gummies, chocolate almonts, etc).

I know this isn't the norm, but I have to give a big shout out to DSS. I had booked O'hana for 9:50pm for 9/20, as that was the only day & time available when I was making ADR's. I set up the reservation finder on touring plans and I was stalking the MDE multiple times a day for an earlier time with no luck. I had to call DSS today for help with something else and figured I would ask them to check quick. She looked and came back with a 7:50pm opening!! I am sure it was just lucky timing, but I was soooo excited!

Glad DSS was able to get you a better time! Hope you have a great trip :).

How many CL visitors have Annual Passes? And use them to get discount stays.

We do! We have had annual passes off & on for about 10 years. We usually go twice a year anyway, so annual passes make sense. We do visit Disneyland about every 4 years or so. If we are planning DL, we'll skip the WDW AP for that year. And I'll use any discount I can get. We stay club level almost every trip no matter which resort we go to & I have never paid rack rate.

I have a question. Would it be frowned upon for me to take some cereal from the lounge in a snack cup in the morning for my toddler to eat later? I know such a thing is not acceptable at a buffet, but I wasn't sure if the club lounges have different etiquette. I don't want to be committing any faux pas!!

Just to add- we never stop to sit and have breakfast when at Disney. We got to get to RD! ;)
So my kids just always fill a cup with dry cereal to munch on and grab a croissant or muffin.

This year the 20% off merchandise and many restaurants is a good year to try. You will get your money back !

When does this promo apply? Meaning does it apply for the duration of your pass? or for 2017 only? And is it for any APs bought during 2017?

When does this promo apply? Meaning does it apply for the duration of your pass? or for 2017 only? And is it for any APs bought during 2017?

The 20% off (many) restaurants ends 9/30/17. It's a 45-year anniversary celebration thing. Doesn't matter when you bought the AP, just has to be valid.

I think the merchandise discount is always 20% but I'm not confident I'm correct with that statement.

Side note, I was just looking at the list of restaurants and realized I'm such an idiot, I could/should have been using the dining discount much more than I have been! We ate at Gaspy's several times a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was eligible. Doh!

If you have an ap in 2017 I believe the extra 20% off was thru October. It's part of the 45 yr anniversary. In Jan and march we saved so much! After that you still get 10% off with a current pass.

I love vineyard vines, Tommy Bahamas and Lilly Pulitzer that we can get at gf/CR/poly. Not only did we get the 20 off but they had markdowns too so we got some good deals.

Here is a nice list of qualifying restaurants : http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Dd and I have had a pass for years . If we go 2 times a year we save enough on hotels, merch and food to pay for the pass. However we usually go 3/4 times a year so we enjoy splurging on a deluxe and or cl. Without the ap I wouldn't be able to go as often or as well.

Last edited:

No, it's not for the duration of the pass. The extra 45th anniversary discounts are active until 9/30/17. It's a promotion.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/anniversary/

There are several restaurant/merchandise locations that have 10% discounts, that aren't included in the anniversary promotion, and will continue to be active. You just have to read the inclusions/exclusions. An ap called MousePerks identifies available discounts and is very helpful on the fly.

The 20% off (many) restaurants ends 9/30/17. It's a 45-year anniversary celebration thing. Doesn't matter when you bought the AP, just has to be valid.

I think the merchandise discount is always 20% but I'm not confident I'm correct with that statement.

Side note, I was just looking at the list of restaurants and realized I'm such an idiot, I could/should have been using the dining discount much more than I have been! We ate at Gaspy's several times a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was eligible. Doh!

It has taken me many years to get into the habit, but now everywhere I go I always ask "any discounts?"!! ;)

When you are at the Volcano Pool at the Poly, how easy is it for someone to go to the Lounge and get a beer or wine and bring it back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter