• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I do laundry on longer stays too. As the PP noted, no laundry in Hawaii, it's in a separate building. This map may help. Depending on where your room is I find going out the side entrance to Hawaii is the quickest walk. It's not a bad walk, quite pleasant actually. I've never not been able to find a washer or dryer available, but it does get used often in my experience.

Not to go on a tangent, but I had a small issue when I used it last summer. The machines only take credit cards but no Amex. I only have an Amex. I tried using my debit/credit card which worked at first, but the multple small transactions in a row between washers and dryers set off some security alarm bells with my bank that locked my card/account. Took awhile to work through with my bank!

View attachment 226587

Thank you - if I'm looking at the map coreectly is the laundry close or in the direction of the TTC?

Thank you - if I'm looking at the map coreectly is the laundry close or in the direction of the TTC?

It's at the end of the scribbly yellow line towards the bottom of that pic. It's more towards the bus stop. The TTC is just off the right side of that pic.

Opinions please! Trying to decide on a location for our Memorial Day week trip. We will be arriving may 26th and cannot decide between YC, BWI, and WL club level! We have stayed at all of these resorts before but have only tried the YC club level (and that was pre-renovation). What would you all pick? We like the theming at all of the resorts just wondering if one of them is better club level (food offerings, wine offerings, service, size of lounge etc) we are a family of 4 including our kids ages 4 and 2. Thanks!

ETA now we are thinking about Sugar Loaf too

So jealous of your upcoming trip!!!:laughing:

I have stayed at both YC CL and WL CL before their lounge renovations and loved them both. I have found the food and service we received last April at BWI CL to be fantastic. We were very close to the lounge (I know those long winding hallways can be hard with kiddos:rotfl2:)

I know you didn't ask about location but I was curious where you tend to spend the most time. My kids are older now, but when they were small I would have preferred the MK location. My daughter and I loved staying at WL CL for the convenience of the boat ride to MK and the smaller pool. We also loved Sugarloaf CL a lot for food offering and location to MK, and pool.

Our favorite now as a family is the BC/YC because of the location being on the boardwalk and so close to EPcot and HS. We also love the humongous pool:cool1: With a 4 and 2 year old though, I might have had a nervous breakdown at Stormalong Bay. I had some runners....They would literally sprint to the deep in of the pool and jump in....:eek::eek:

Anyway, all great choices you have and happy planning!

Is the seating area at akl club locked between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:30 am? Would we be able to sit and chat in lounge even though food/drink offerings are closed?

Is the seating area at akl club locked between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:30 am? Would we be able to sit and chat in lounge even though food/drink offerings are closed?

I don't think it's locked. I know at poly and CR I have hung out after hours.
What a lovely gesture. I can take that salted one in the lower right corner off your hands
i ate that first lol! It was salted truffle, very dark chocolatey.

I do want to let people know that this "welcome gift" if part of a new program to recognize repeat guests. You may or may not receive a gift and gifts may be different based on the frequency of your stays. They are developing a resort wide frequent guest program. I do not know the intimate details of the program but do know that it is a response to the lack of recognition for repeat guests. I believe the program will be rolled out property wide. I also know that dedicated cast members maintained a list of repeat visitors so they could at least be greeted with "welcome back" when checking in.

I would consider these pixie dust and not to be expected with each visit.

Last edited:
I do want to let people know that this "welcome gift" if part of a new program to recognize repeat guests. You may or may not receive a gift and gifts may be different based on the frequency of your stays. They are developing a resort wide frequent guest program. I do not know the intimate details of the program but do know that it is a response to the lack of recognition for repeat guests. I believe the program will be rolled out property wide. I also know that dedicated cast members maintained a list of repeat visitors so they could at least be greeted with "welcome back" when checking in.

I made sure to mention we loved that touch. Hope that helps.

Well this would be a great addition. DH & I have stayed at YC CL for over 15 years, very often 2 or 3 times per year. And almost every time, we are asked " have you stayed with us before" or " is this your first stay with us?". We aren't the type who spend lots of time chatting up the CMs during the trip, so we don't "get to know" the CMs. And that's fine. We don't expect any of them to remember our names or recognize us during the trip or after. But I would like the computer program to recognize us as repeat & relatively frequent guests. And have some type of message the CM checking us in can see.

This might be a silly post or question or however you want to see it... I have booked a solo trip at the end of April and some of my friends suggested that I "spoil" myself and change my reservation to a club level room. I'm kinda feeling guilty about spending the extra money but then again since I'm disabled (cerebral palsy) and have anxiety I'm thinking that having the club level service might be a benefit... Little background on me, I grew up in Central Florida and been to Disney a lot and was a Cast Memeber. I have taken my boys to Disney and we are APs so I know my way around the parks. I just do not know if being club level would be any different...

This might be a silly post or question or however you want to see it... I have booked a solo trip at the end of April and some of my friends suggested that I "spoil" myself and change my reservation to a club level room. I'm kinda feeling guilty about spending the extra money but then again since I'm disabled (cerebral palsy) and have anxiety I'm thinking that having the club level service might be a benefit... Little background on me, I grew up in Central Florida and been to Disney a lot and was a Cast Memeber. I have taken my boys to Disney and we are APs so I know my way around the parks. I just do not know if being club level would be any different...
Spoil yourself.

Not sure how CL will be different for your CP but it is worth it if you can afford it

You won't find many folks that say don't book CL on this thread. :-)

I'll certainly admit that, among other things, one of the reasons we book CL is the "spoil ourselves" factor. We enjoy the small luxuries and conveniences that CL provides while on vacation.

I'd totally do a CL trip solo, sounds like fun to me!

I guess the only exception would be if you're just a total park commando who will be in the parks from open to close and eat every meal out... then the extra CL money might not make that much sense from a practical perspective. But if you tour at a more leisurely pace and will be around to enjoy at least some of the food services, then sounds totally legit to me.

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter