Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I did not ask that outright, but I had sent an email a couple of days ago, just asking if they can help with "hard-to-get" FPs (similar to how some CMs may help with hard-to-get ADRs). I got a polite response that they cannot make ADRs for guests ahead of time, but I'll definitely inquire upon check-in. However, I've already prepared myself for worst-case-scenario of waiting in the standby line so if we do end up getting a FP, that would just be a nice bonus!

Hi! :wave:

I was hoping someone here could help me out. We will be at the YC CL for our twins' 7th birthday. I contacted IPO about a cake, and they referred me to the disney florist. I was wondering if there was anything the IPO could help me with directly? I don't want to ask for too much, but, too be honest, I don't really know what the options are for something like this. A card or phone call from Mickey? Balloons? What can they help with?

I would like balloons in the room, but the disney service only includes balloons with a gift basket or floral arrangement. I'm not interested in either of those, so I am now looking at outside florists/balloon services for that. Has anyone had an outside company deliver to their room? CL or standard?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

We always make dinner ADRs so its not that it ultimately matters to us, but I am shocked at what I'm seeing being served at the Polynesian CL. It looks like someone went to Costco's and bought boxes of frozen appetizers and brought them back to the lounge and microwaved them.

Is there even an actual chef there anymore? We haven't been to WDW and Polynesian CL in 5 years, but I really can't believe the difference in the food.

No offense to anyone who may like corn dogs, but all of that reminded me of cheap buffet food.

Is it just me or does anyone else see a huge difference???? I even have pictures of the food that used to be served at the Polynesian CL. And not only just when ChefDick was still there.

It's just a shame.

We choose Polynesian CL mainly for the personalized pre-trip planning, and the lounge and location of the Hawaii building, so at least none of those things have changed! :)

HUGE difference. Not just Poly, it's all of them. I can remember the fantastic chef they use to have... and remember lobster salad at YC/BC?? Ahhhhh those were the days!!! :D :D

Hi! :wave:

I was hoping someone here could help me out. We will be at the YC CL for our twins' 7th birthday. I contacted IPO about a cake, and they referred me to the disney florist. I was wondering if there was anything the IPO could help me with directly? I don't want to ask for too much, but, too be honest, I don't really know what the options are for something like this. A card or phone call from Mickey? Balloons? What can they help with?

I would like balloons in the room, but the disney service only includes balloons with a gift basket or floral arrangement. I'm not interested in either of those, so I am now looking at outside florists/balloon services for that. Has anyone had an outside company deliver to their room? CL or standard?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

It's all do it yourself these days unfortunately. If you're lucky the CL staff will provide a birthday button and maybe a balloon. Anything else you have to do it yourself. Disney Florist is great but very expensive. I always order our birthday cakes from in-room dining. You can get their phone number from IPO. I have liked every cake they've done for us. Always fresh. Usually they cost about $60-70. Insanely expensive but delicious.

My mother and I are planning a trip to WDW next summer, and we were thinking about booking a room at the Polynesian resort. With a group of four people (including a small child) which room would be worth the money? Is a water view worth the charge? Oh, and I know the PR has a monorail, but which parks does it go to? All three other visits to Disney World have been at POP Century, so this is a new experience!

All of the CL rooms at the Poly are in the Hawaii building. I definitely think the lagoon view is worth it if you can swing the extra cost. You should scroll down to the Poly FAQ thread and see some photos. The views are really special, especially during the fireworks! :)

So, we are returning to the Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club level room (May 17th-24th). We stayed here a couple years ago and loved the location out of any other place we've stayed. That could have something to do with my DH's love of Epcot and my oldest DD's love of Hollywood Studios. Walking to each park is priceless. It's been a while and I can't remember but do all Deluxe rooms have a Boardwalk view? I know they are either on floors 3 or 4 but I can't remember if they are all the Boardwalk view. We really do not have any 'requests' except for Boardwalk view. ;)

We had a deluxe CL room with a Boardwalk view last summer. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Pics: http://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-the-boardwalk-inn-club-level.3316744/

:)

It's all do it yourself these days unfortunately. If you're lucky the CL staff will provide a birthday button and maybe a balloon. Anything else you have to do it yourself. Disney Florist is great but very expensive. I always order our birthday cakes from in-room dining. You can get their phone number from IPO. I have liked every cake they've done for us. Always fresh. Usually they cost about $60-70. Insanely expensive but delicious.

Bummer. I kind of thought this would be the case, since they didn't offer anything else along with the contact information, but I had hoped for a little something. Of course, my 2 have completely different taste in cakes, so we decided to just go with cupcakes for them, and they love the idea of picking out their Perfect! Birthday! Cupcake! :laughing: I'll check out the local places for balloon delivery. More likely, I'll go crazy and let them pick out their own balloon at the park. :thumbsup2

I'm the same way -- I tend to overthink when I plan....I'm obsessed with all the details, etc. I would do what you're doing because you're experienced enough to handle it. If it was a family going that hasn't been to WDW very often, then I probably wouldn't recommend your plan:). I've actually considered doing the deluxe plan and staying in a standard non-CL room for part of a trip, then moving to CL for the remainder. That may be in our future! I think your plan is great, and I love the dining choices -- sounds similar to ours except we have not been to Boathouse.

Sometimes I truly believe it's a curse to know too much! :rotfl: I am always tweaking and changing things right up until the day we leave. This idea about the dining plan just sort of came to me and I got to thinking how nice it would be to pre-pay some of our meals since 8 nights of dinner reservations is really going to add up. A split stay is really a great opportunity to try this theory to see if it makes a difference. Of course knowing me I'll just take the "extra" money and spend it all on souvenirs! :hyper: I have so many things on my shopping list! :lmao:

Bummer. I kind of thought this would be the case, since they didn't offer anything else along with the contact information, but I had hoped for a little something. Of course, my 2 have completely different taste in cakes, so we decided to just go with cupcakes for them, and they love the idea of picking out their Perfect! Birthday! Cupcake! :laughing: I'll check out the local places for balloon delivery. More likely, I'll go crazy and let them pick out their own balloon at the park. :thumbsup2

You're a short walk from the Boardwalk Bakery. You could have them pick something there. :) I don't know if you'll have a car but on our last trip we went to Publix and bought a birthday cake that tasted great! :D A definite money saver.

I personally wouldn't flat out ask that... sometimes asking things like that causes backlash

Oh ok...I was just thinking to ask if they're offering the texting service at the time? We won't be going back until probably next March, so I'll wait it out and see what everyone else reports. Maybe by then, all resorts will have it :).

Oh ok...I was just thinking to ask if they're offering the texting service at the time? We won't be going back until probably next March, so I'll wait it out and see what everyone else reports. Maybe by then, all resorts will have it :).

I don't think asking would be a problem. You aren't asking for something special, just to know what they are offering. (And, also, I'm curious as well ;) ).

Just wanted to state that Calvin from the GF/CR IPO office is AMAZING!!!!
If you ever have to call and want someone amazing... ask for him!

Yes, the views are amazing at Poly. Another huge perk is how the main pool is very close to the lounge....makes it super easy to go back and forth for drinks/snacks.

Here are some additional pictures I haven't posted yet from our trip last week:
View attachment 108423
View attachment 108425

Our zoomed view from Ohana!
View attachment 108428
View attachment 108427
View attachment 108424

Great pics...thanks for sharing!! Didn't realize the lounge was so close to main pool either...very nice indeed :).

Reactions: TJA
Hello there! I am back on the DIS after a long hiatus, and we are coming to stay at the Boardwalk CL for the Food & Wine Festival November 4-7. This time we are coming without the kids. :scared1:

We've talked about doing this trip for several years and are very excited to finally be doing it! We are coming the day after my youngest's marching band season ends, so it'll definitely be a celebration too. Ha!

The big question I have - which I am confused about and I apologize in advance if it's already been asked before is that even though we are booked at the Boardwalk CL, I got an email from the Yacht & Beach Club IPO. Not that I'm complaining....

The last time we were at WDW, we stayed at the Poly CL. The IPO staff was fantastic and very accommodating to my special needs; as I am deaf. I had just been implanted with cochlear implants so talking on the phone wasn't something I could do yet. They got my ADRs, and were quick to respond with the information I needed.

But this time.... It just seems a little impersonal, maybe? I told them in my response to their welcome email that I'm deaf and that phones were difficult for me. I called today (with the help of ClearCaptions) to inquire about the Food & Wine Festival events, and basically got the same response that I got in the email I received back - "go to the Disney website."

I had made some ADR requests, but I have yet to receive any response if those have been made since I called them with my credit card info so they could make them. Can anyone with Boardwalk CL experience help me out here. Since its been so long, I'm practically a newbie. Thanks in advance!!!

Hello there! I am back on the DIS after a long hiatus, and we are coming to stay at the Boardwalk CL for the Food & Wine Festival November 4-7. This time we are coming without the kids. :scared1:

We've talked about doing this trip for several years and are very excited to finally be doing it! We are coming the day after my youngest's marching band season ends, so it'll definitely be a celebration too. Ha!

The big question I have - which I am confused about and I apologize in advance if it's already been asked before is that even though we are booked at the Boardwalk CL, I got an email from the Yacht & Beach Club IPO. Not that I'm complaining....

The last time we were at WDW, we stayed at the Poly CL. The IPO staff was fantastic and very accommodating to my special needs; as I am deaf. I had just been implanted with cochlear implants so talking on the phone wasn't something I could do yet. They got my ADRs, and were quick to respond with the information I needed.

But this time.... It just seems a little impersonal, maybe? I told them in my response to their welcome email that I'm deaf and that phones were difficult for me. I called today (with the help of ClearCaptions) to inquire about the Food & Wine Festival events, and basically got the same response that I got in the email I received back - "go to the Disney website."

I had made some ADR requests, but I have yet to receive any response if those have been made since I called them with my credit card info so they could make them. Can anyone with Boardwalk CL experience help me out here. Since its been so long, I'm practically a newbie. Thanks in advance!!!

Congrats on booking BWI CL! :) I think it's perfectly fine to communicate with the IPO staff via email. That's the way I have always done it. I think it's much easier for them to help you when they have your requests for ADR/activities/events, along with your questions, room requests, etc, etc, all in writing. There really shouldn't be a reason you would have to call them. As for the F&W events I would email them with all your questions again and see if you can get some answers. If you don't get a response just keep emailing them until you do. I have had to resend emails that were unanswered from time to time. The squeaky wheel gets the grease for sure! Don't be afraid to email them as many times as you need to until you have the information that you need. This is what we are paying them to do and sometimes we have to be persistent to get it! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter