Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We're arriving in September and still not a word from them but being we have so much time left I'm trying to be patient, but being this is our first CL stay its hard. :hyper2:

We're arriving in September and still not a word from them but being we have so much time left I'm trying to be patient, but being this is our first CL stay its hard. :hyper2:
We haven't heard anything yet either. Our stay is in Oct. I will get in touch with them as it gets closer to our 180 out day if I haven't heard from them by then.
I agree, it's hard to wait. :flower:

I forgot to ask when I was there- what kind of mattresses are in the Poly CL Hawaii bidg.? Thanks!

I forgot to ask when I was there- what kind of mattresses are in the Poly CL Hawaii bidg.? Thanks!

It felt like the same firm - but very comfortable - mattress that we had at the CR TPV Room. Not having slept on it though, I can't say for 100% certain.

I was expecting all CL rooms mattresses to be the same, is it not the case?

I could be wrong, but I would think the only difference in mattress would be how long its been since the mattress was changed - i.e., when was the last resort refurb.

It felt like the same firm - but very comfortable - mattress that we had at the CR TPV Room. Not having slept on it though, I can't say for 100% certain.

I am not sure. We stayed in a TPV room at CR in Oct. 2015- but somehow, the CL room at the Poly felt different? It might also have been newer/older?

So exciting I received a call from the new IPO! Unfortunately I was in the middle of a workout class so I didn't have my list handy, but I did touch on the fact that I'll have a bday celebration for my girls. The CM was the best I've ever dealt with - super friendly with lots of ideas. She is going to contact me via email with a list of ideas and she said when I make my decisions, she will book everything for me, even the cakes! I'm beyond thrilled. I book my own ADR's, but her help is very welcome for my girls' bday celebration!

Wait a second, you stepped out of workout class to take a call from Disney? Lol...... That's funny.

(Ok, I might have too if I saw a 407 area code call)

We are resort people too and love the extra space from the lounge.

We've never done BWI CL because of the pool. The clown slide scares ME. Other than that, it sounds wonderful.

I will say when my kids were younger, they loved the sand bottom beach at SAB. The adults loved the lazy river. All were happy.

We are headed to AKL Club in 11 days and I am so very nervous about the whole thing. About a month ago I called to ask about what activities are there daily and a nice CM sent me a schedule for that month. It at least gave us an idea of what we might see offered.

On our check in day I scheduled a dinner at Saana and I am wondering if we are really going to need it. Some times when I look at the food offerings it seems like there is plenty to eat and we may not want any more.

What do most of you do for regular meals while you are staying club? I know breakfast is wonderful in the club but what about lunches and dinners? Do they keep the plates of food replenished or do you need to plan on being there as each service begins to get food? Can the servers get you other things if you want them? I know if it get chilly at night, everyone is going to want hot chocolate. Can we request it or what?

We are headed to AKL Club in 11 days and I am so very nervous about the whole thing. About a month ago I called to ask about what activities are there daily and a nice CM sent me a schedule for that month. It at least gave us an idea of what we might see offered.

On our check in day I scheduled a dinner at Saana and I am wondering if we are really going to need it. Some times when I look at the food offerings it seems like there is plenty to eat and we may not want any more.

What do most of you do for regular meals while you are staying club? I know breakfast is wonderful in the club but what about lunches and dinners? Do they keep the plates of food replenished or do you need to plan on being there as each service begins to get food? Can the servers get you other things if you want them? I know if it get chilly at night, everyone is going to want hot chocolate. Can we request it or what?
Even when staying AKL CL, we always book a meal at Saana. Great food and lots of atmosphere.
Some days we have a bit heavier lunch someplace, and then have appetizers in the lounge later. That's plenty for us for the day.
Another option is to have some appetizers in the lounge and then a lighter dinner, maybe salads and some shared apps.
They replenish the appetizers in all the CL's. I don't know about hot chocolate availability, maybe someone else does.
I think you're in for a treat, enjoy! :sunny:

Even when staying AKL CL, we always book a meal at Saana. Great food and lots of atmosphere.
Some days we have a bit heavier lunch someplace, and then have appetizers in the lounge later. That's plenty for us for the day.
Another option is to have some appetizers in the lounge and then a lighter dinner, maybe salads and some shared apps.
They replenish the appetizers in all the CL's. I don't know about hot chocolate availability, maybe someone else does.
I think you're in for a treat, enjoy! :sunny:

Thanks for your speedy reply! I get so excited about staying in AKL club that I actually get goosebumps! We are so looking forward to this treat!

I was thinking of doing the evening appetizers in club and then doing a shared dinner and maybe the bread service at Saana. The first 2 days we are mostly staying at the resort and not doing any parks for those days. We really want to soak up the resort atmosphere. Thanks again.

On our previous stays at AKL CL there have been packets of hot chocolate and hot water. We typically eat breakfast in the lounge, a table service meal for lunch and the lounge for a majority of our dinners with some items from Mara. We normally stay 7 days and usually book 2 TS meals at dinner. If you are not big eaters you can easily make a meal out of the evening offerings. There are 2 hot apps and several cold ones. A variety of hummus, veggies and cheeses. We normally eats some apps in the lounge then head to the pool and get a flatbread or sandwich from Mara. The hummus, veggies and cheese stay the same every night. We sometimes get sick of apps for dinner. That's why we like to break it up with a TS dinner after 2 or 3 days. I don't think anyone can make a meal out of the afternoon offerings. It's typically trail mix, chips, goldfish, cookies, etc. Our last stay they added some hummus and dips as well. However, I'm pretty sure I could make a meal out of the scones and cream at tea time-- Yum!! AKL is awesome. We spend a lot of time at the hotel. The kid activities are so much fun. We love to decorate the cookies and mini cakes. The kids always have fun with the drums too. If you get a chance I would love to have an updated report of the evening offering especially kid friendly items.

On our previous stays at AKL CL there have been packets of hot chocolate and hot water. We typically eat breakfast in the lounge, a table service meal for lunch and the lounge for a majority of our dinners with some items from Mara. We normally stay 7 days and usually book 2 TS meals at dinner. If you are not big eaters you can easily make a meal out of the evening offerings. There are 2 hot apps and several cold ones. A variety of hummus, veggies and cheeses. We normally eats some apps in the lounge then head to the pool and get a flatbread or sandwich from Mara. The hummus, veggies and cheese stay the same every night. We sometimes get sick of apps for dinner. That's why we like to break it up with a TS dinner after 2 or 3 days. I don't think anyone can make a meal out of the afternoon offerings. It's typically trail mix, chips, goldfish, cookies, etc. Our last stay they added some hummus and dips as well. However, I'm pretty sure I could make a meal out of the scones and cream at tea time-- Yum!! AKL is awesome. We spend a lot of time at the hotel. The kid activities are so much fun. We love to decorate the cookies and mini cakes. The kids always have fun with the drums too. If you get a chance I would love to have an updated report of the evening offering especially kid friendly items.

Thanks for your answers. Knowing there is hot chocolate there means I can take one more thing off my packing list. I like your suggestion of eating lunch out but there are some days like the first one when that will not work for us. Our son and his wife are flying in from Ohio and the possibility of delays and cancellation is great since Ohio's weather can get very crappy. I hated to plan anything until that evening when I was pretty sure they would be there. Our DD and her family are coming in that day too but they are driving in from NC the day before so I know they will be there. The foods sound delicious and we are foodies!

I will follow up here with an after trip report, especially about our little ones. DD and her DH have 2 little girls 2 and 6. I know the 6 year old is going to be busy with all the AKL activities. She loves to do any craft like thing. DS's wife was a collegiate swimmer and I know has has plans for the lovely swimming pools. Her sister is joining us also so we will have a large group.

Did you ever take food or drink back to your rooms or to the pool area? Is this even allowed? I have read about bucket of beer to take to the pool and that sounds delightful! I know DD will like having access to milk for her 2 year old. She is a chow hound and seems to really like food and surprisingly likes food good for her like vegetable and fruits. I am a bit of a chocoholic so I worry about her following my love of sweets! LOL!

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers. Knowing there is hot chocolate there means I can take one more thing off my packing list. I like your suggestion of eating lunch out but there are some days like the first one when that will not work for us. Our son and his wife are fling in from Ohio and the possibility of delays and cancellation is great since Ohio's weather can get very crappy. I hated to plan anything until that evening when I was pretty sure they would be there. Our DD and her family are coming in that day too but they are driving in from NC the day before so I know they will be there. The foods sound delicious and we are foodies!

I will follow up here with an after trip report, especially about our little ones. DD and her DH have 2 little girls 2 and 6. I know the 6 year old is going to be busy with all the AKL activities. She loves to do any craft like thing. DS's wife was a collegiate swimmer and I know has has plans for the lovely swimming pools. Her sister is joining us also so we will have a large group.

Did you ever take food or drink back to your rooms or to the pool area? Is this even allowed? I have read about bucket of beer to take to the pool and that sounds delightful! I know DD will like having access to milk for her 2 year old. She is a chow hound and seems to really like food and surprisingly likes food good for her like vegetable and fruits. I am a bit of a chocoholic so I worry about her following my love of sweets! LOL!

Thanks for your input!

We have never taken food to the pool but have taken drinks. I do not see any reason why you couldn't take food to the pool. We take food back to the room all the time. They will even give you a disposable tray or cup holder (sturdy cardboard) to take things back to the room. Many times you will see dirty plates in the hall floor outside rooms where people have taken food back. We do try to take our dirty dishes back up to the lounge when we are finished. Over the years I'm pretty sure my 4 year old has consumed enough milk to pay for the difference in cost for club level. It's so nice for kids to have access to drinks all day long. The lounge CMs really try to make you happy. If there is anything you need just ask. They will try their best to accommodate you. We have had luck getting little things (like yogurt and peanut butter, etc) during the lunch or evening hours when it isn't out.

I just wanted to report that I emailed the new email address and the response I got was quick and extremely friendly. The CM who responded really read my email and thoughtfully responded. I am really excited! He gave the same number that was posted earlier in this thread. Super excited to contact him again to set up some things as we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary while we are there. Thanks to this thread for the email address!

I can't vouch for AKL as I haven't stayed there but our CL days are similar to several previous posters. Our "standard" day is breakfast in the lounge, a larger lunch out and about wherever we are, and then by dinner time evening apps are plenty. It's certainly not meant to be a meal but often by that point in the day we're stuffed... we've snacked more than we should... and light apps are fine. Most usually have something simple like PBJ or Mac/Cheese for kids, so that's really all we need! Plus the beer for the adults. :-)

Now, I don't always follow the above. I'll still book a TS for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at points along the stay. I don't go out of my way to get back to the resort for a particular food service, but if we're otherwise there, the above schedule applies.

Hope you have a great trip! AKL is on my list someday!

I just wanted to report that I emailed the new email address and the response I got was quick and extremely friendly. The CM who responded really read my email and thoughtfully responded. I am really excited! He gave the same number that was posted earlier in this thread. Super excited to contact him again to set up some things as we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary while we are there. Thanks to this thread for the email address!

I emailed them this morning (not sure if they are available on the weekend). I am excited the new system is staring. Our trip is in May, so I have made my dining reservations, but I like to use the IPO service to add flight info and to provide a itinerary list. Hopefully I will hear something soon!

My DH and I are really on the fence about weather or not to upgrade to club level. We are staying at a Wilderness Lodge in May with our to-be 18 month old son. We are staying 5 nights and it's almost $1000 to upgrade.

We've stayed club level once before, at Boardwalk. We were upgraded for free and really enjoyed it. This was before we had our son.

It seems like they have enough food that we could make it a meal at dinner and breakfast is obviously provided. DS is not at all picky - he eats a better variety of food than me! So I'm not worried about him not liking the food. We are planning to do rope drop and then be back by dinner each day (DS is an early riser). I think it would be great to have a relaxing place to have dinner/unwind with a toddler. Also, my husband is working on an insurance designation and wants a quiet-ish place to study at night. He enjoys his beer and it looks like they have some interesting options.

It wouldn't totally break the bank to upgrade, but it's not a drop in the bucket for us either.

We are really so, so torn. Any advice??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter