Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Let me be the first to say: As a longtime owner of DVC 18+ years, I never once thought of Club Level Reservations. I tend to travel to Disney every 6-7 weeks as a break from the world of business and I am so thrilled that I opened this thread one day and said: Hey…let’s try Club Level. Yes I have read every post on every page because knowledge is key. Thank you TigrLvsPooh...this page makes a difference!

We tried our first stay at the end of Jan at Yacht Club. Wonderful experience. We had room 5195 which although has a King Size bed only and is a corner room (you are looking at your corner neighbor straight on) has a great view of fireworks. It overlooks roof and part of SAB. Food was fantastic in the CL lounge. Service from all the CM’s was great. Friendly, took time to chat, remembered you with likes for beverages, what not. Having someone man the drink service at night was really not a big deal, but it definitely could be intimidating to others. The CM’s would actually bring a second round while we were snacking which was such a nice touch. Room was clean, housekeeping spot on, no issues. We received our welcome gift and large size toiletries including the foot lotion and sun gel aloe. IPO was helpful but we are self-sufficient so we took care of things ourselves.

My husband took advantage of the bounce back offer in the room while we were in Disney to book the stay we just came home from Thursday. Only 6 weeks have passed between visits. He received a great price on BC CL but decided since I have never stayed at Poly, to pay the additional $700 and stay there.

I welcomed the adventure. We had a glitch with our online check-in. We contacted every possible person to let them know we would like a ground floor or 3rd floor room since we no longer, after 100’s of trips, need to rush off for the parks. I am there to golf and relax. Wouldn’t you know we received the text: 2nd floor. My husband immediately contacted the IPO and asked for a room change. We then received interesting texts. First text they had upgraded us to a theme park room, but then 25 minutes later, we received another text with a different room in the Standard Category. Not a good start. The upgrade was not granted at check-in. We should have tried the door but we are not like that. We went to the CL CM’s and explained what happened. Lawrence did not grant the upgrade sent via text. OK no Pixie Dust!

I will sum things up for Poly CL this way:

We did receive a welcome gift and I asked the young woman who delivered it where were the upgraded toiletries. She said you do not receive them in resorts that are not DVC…I was going to mention--yes this is a DVC resort--but chose not to embarrass her. Just the plain old small bottles. Negative check mark for me love, love the nice lotions!

Food: We are aware of cutbacks. If you compare Poly to Yacht club a month ago….OMG what a difference between the 2 resorts.

NO proteins like meat cheese at breakfast to supplement balance of a bagel or croissant. For snacks they served Conch fritters and Spring rolls…not warm/ Chicken Wings and Mushroom Risotto balls/ Bacon wrapped meat and Pierogis …same 3 cheeses every night and same three crudité items. Kids had PBJ crustables and turkey corndogs one night.

Drinks…they are self serve…which was very nice. During the day you could get a drink if you hunted down a CM. One night a young man did monitor the drink area…I just looked at him and engaged a bit of dialogue. I felt I paid a great deal for that glass of Sangria. He was a bit too serious and chased a guest up to the 3rd floor he thought was young. The man was about 30 years beyond drinking age. LOL One thing that drove my husband crazy was the tables were left filthy! The only person we ever saw clearing was IRV(?) in the morning. Very nice elderly man. He knows service. It was borderline gross. I should have brought my own cleaning bottle and moppine to wipe down the table. I like a clean dining area. This is a huge glitch in their service protocols at Poly.

Desserts were yummy not elaborate.

Bottom line:

CM’s were not that friendly here. No one engaged any of the guests that we observed. They hid quite a bit back in the kitchen prep area. I introduced myself to the chef so I could inquire about July 4th visit, and he shared his pending menu. He was very gracious.

I am returning with my daughter for 4th of July at Poly CL because I promised, since she could not travel this time. My husband is a harder sell to tear away from work. He was very disappointed in CM interaction/service and Food snacks. He said he will go back to Yacht Club eagerly.

Turn down service was excellent…above and beyond Disney service standards! Housekeeping was excellent.

Location is the selling point if the large $ difference doesn’t matter to a guest. View was wonderful. Lounge was never really busy after the first day.

I know this is long winded but reading peoples thoughts are how I learn and determine my plan of action. Hope I am helpful. If you have any questions and I can answer: ask away.

I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed and I just finished reading your report. Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences. The one thing I do wish about Poly is that they'd step up their food offerings. We find BC and GF to have far better food, but yet the location and views at Poly win us over. You mentioned the awesome CM named Irv -- he has become a great friend to my DH, he remembers us every trip and the special things we like, he always goes out of his way to make our trips special. Not many like him are left. We stayed at RPC a couple weeks ago and we actually saw Irv on the boat from MK to GF and Poly! He was in normal clothes with his family :). He and DH shook hands and chatted a bit (I felt like such a traitor! But we told him we'd see him in July.). We can't wait to be back there for the 4th of July -- it's a magical time to be staying CL at Poly!

Hi everyone! We just booked Atrium Club Level TPV at the Contemporary for Nov. 4-12/2016. We are really looking forward to it! I just have a few quick questions:

1) Are discounts offered on CL rooms at the same time as other discounts? We are also Disney Visa Holders and are not opposed to purchasing APs to get a good room discount.

2) We are 208 days out. When should I expect to hear from Itinerary Planning? We know what we want to book, but being able to have someone else do the grunt work seems great!

Thanks!

Hi everyone! We just booked Atrium Club Level TPV at the Contemporary for Nov. 4-12/2016. We are really looking forward to it! I just have a few quick questions:

1) Are discounts offered on CL rooms at the same time as other discounts? We are also Disney Visa Holders and are not opposed to purchasing APs to get a good room discount.

2) We are 208 days out. When should I expect to hear from Itinerary Planning? We know what we want to book, but being able to have someone else do the grunt work seems great!

Thanks!

1. CL rooms are usually included in discounts, however, it can/does vary by resort as not all resorts/room types are always included. Also, the discount could be different depending on the resort (i.e., some are often offered at 20%, while others are often 30%).

2. Hearing from IPO is hit or miss. Some people get an email right away, while others get something closer to 180 days out (and some don't hear from them at all). With that said, you could email them with your trip information, any requests you have, any ADRs, etc that you want them to book and you should hear back from them within a day or two.

Happy planning :wizard:.

Just curious as to when do you receive an email I am 99 days out. Thanks and are the tolietries the same as in the regular deluxe rooms so i don't need to pack anything extra....thanks.... Also trying to keep it a secret from my 16 and 20 yr old and husband who don't know I did CL at BC but they know we are going to BC!!

Hey everyone! We are staying Royal Palm CL for the first time May 04-11. We'd like to make a room location request and would like to know if it's better to do so calling Disney directly or by contacting the IPO and if I should wait to do so or not? Thanks in advance!

Just curious as to when do you receive an email I am 99 days out. Thanks and are the tolietries the same as in the regular deluxe rooms so i don't need to pack anything extra....thanks.... Also trying to keep it a secret from my 16 and 20 yr old and husband who don't know I did CL at BC but they know we are going to BC!!

If you haven't received an email yet, you might not. Not sure why, but not everyone gets a welcome email. If there are things you want IPO to book, you can email them with your trip information, ADRs, requests, etc. I think the toiletries in CL are the same as standard rooms, but I'm not sure. Hopefully others will be able to answer for sure. Good luck keeping your secret about CL, I'm sure everyone will love the surprise :goodvibes.

Hey everyone! We are staying Royal Palm CL for the first time May 04-11. We'd like to make a room location request and would like to know if it's better to do so calling Disney directly or by contacting the IPO and if I should wait to do so or not? Thanks in advance!

You can add requests at any time by contacting central reservations, IPO, or both as it never hurts to have requests noted at both places. With that said, I'd have the requests noted now since your trip is just a few weeks away. Have a great trip :).

Hey everyone! :) I was away this weekend and just got caught up. I think I got everyone added to the guest list who posted but if I missed you just send me a PM or tag me. For some reason I don't get email notifications when someone replies to one of my posts, I've double and triple checked my subscription but I can't figure out the reason.

I'm 35 days away from my quick trip back to WDW! :D Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

We've got a major DISboard takeover of the Poly CL in late July!!!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana::woohoo:
With all my ch-ch-changes, I don't want to miss my friends!! Waiting on my TA to change me (back) to Poly CL for 7/28-29...I was so in love with BWI CL I changed during our stay. Then the 29th we can move over to BWI CL for a week :) Erika....we would have room for you and the boys for an extra night ;) Or we can have a "girls sleepover" in the lounge....I wonder if anyone's done that before, the boys can camp in one of my rooms with my DS15. Now to hope I can get the room!

With all my ch-ch-changes, I don't want to miss my friends!! Waiting on my TA to change me (back) to Poly CL for 7/28-29...I was so in love with BWI CL I changed during our stay. Then the 29th we can move over to BWI CL for a week :) Erika....we would have room for you and the boys for an extra night ;) Or we can have a "girls sleepover" in the lounge....I wonder if anyone's done that before, the boys can camp in one of my rooms with my DS15. Now to hope I can get the room!

My July trip is such a mess right now. Nic says he isn't going, I don't know if he'll change his mind. I'm losing my travel buddies!!!

Hi All!

We leave in the morning and I'm a crazy lady packing and doing all those last minute things! Quick question-are there irons in the Hawaii rooms at the Poly??

TIA!

-Kelly☺️
There were last I was there (It's been awhile but I think you'll be good to go) Have fun!

I'm home! :)

If I missed anyone who wants to be added to the guest list let me know. If anyone wants to see my AKL CL pics there's a link in my signature. If you have questions let me know!

I'm so glad that you posted - I was just coming to the thread to see if I could find a link to your trip report - yay! Leaving in a few days!

Waiting on my TA to change me (back) to Poly CL for 7/28-29...I was so in love with BWI CL I changed during our stay. Then the 29th we can move over to BWI CL for a week :)

Now to hope I can get the room!

I hope your TA is able to make the change :wizard:.

Hi All!

We leave in the morning and I'm a crazy lady packing and doing all those last minute things! Quick question-are there irons in the Hawaii rooms at the Poly??

TIA!

-Kelly☺️

Good luck packing and with any last minute things! Hope you have a great trip :yay:.

As pas posted, there should be an iron in the room ;).

Leaving in a few days!

Have a great time :goodvibes.

Awe :hug: Teens! :( I'm sure he can be bribed with food like most boys:rolleyes:

How many teens will be at the Poly in July? My 15 year old son recently earned his right to do some park time on his own. He would love to meet other kids his age at the resort.

I hope your TA is able to make the change :wizard:.

Good luck packing and with any last minute things! Hope you have a great trip :yay:.

As pas posted, there should be an iron in the room ;).

Have a great time :goodvibes.

Thanks! I can't wait! I'm feeling a bit disorganized still - I should be more ready at this point, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter