Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just booked a CL stay at WL in early May. We stayed CL at GDT last summer and loved it. We had mimosas every morning and cocktails in the evening (vodka). From what I've read on this thread, it sounds like these are not offered at all lounges?

We just booked a CL stay at WL in early May. We stayed CL at GDT last summer and loved it. We had mimosas every morning and cocktails in the evening (vodka). From what I've read on this thread, it sounds like these are not offered at all lounges?

Mimosas yes, cocktails no. The closest you get to liquor is the evening cordials they put out, usually amaretto, Kahlúa, or similar type things, a few put out a whiskey.

WL has a beer tap though.

Yes, I understood what you meant, so that’s what I was referring to. While I have never stayed CL @ WL, over the past 20+ years, we’ve had many CL stays @ YC, BC, BWI, CR & GF. Those desks were never 24 hours, that staff was only there from 7 am - 10 pm, the same hours as the lounge staff. All CL operate the same in that regard. Those CMs are still available outside the lounges. They’ve just removed the sitting. They have stand up desks or iPads to work from now. But they still help in all the same ways.
Huh I never noticed? I’ll keep an eye out in future. Thx

Sadly no. I don't care that they don't turn down the bed, but I want the chocolates!:-)

I have been staying CL since 2007 never saw any CMs other than cleaning staff after 10 PM. I do remember getting thrown out of the Poly lounge one night after 10 PM by the cleaning staff :rolleyes1

Your secret is safe with us. 😂

And does anybody remember what the Discovery Wildlife Excursion was? I vaguely remember there was something CL guests could sign up for right when we started staying CL but I don’t remember any details.

we have a BWI deluxe CL booked for May 9 - May 16 with the 30% AP discount. Was just there Jan 31-Feb 7. With all the uncertainty and certain posts here about all the differing info about whether or not the BW CL will be ready and different ways to proceed, I contacted Lene who told me it is still too early to know, but the Deluxes and Suites will be last to be finished. So I checked online and the only CL rooms available for then are AKL and GDT. So I booked a Deluxe suite at GDT with the discount. So based on what we hear by the end of April the following are my choices in preferred order. I also covered myself with all possible meals for B,L, & D if we only get BWI non CL rooms and have to eat all brekkies out. Always have dinners out and a few lunches and a couple of brekkies but DW loves the CL brekkies( i like them too but always prefer character meals at resorts or in parks):

1) what we have - the deluxe CL if lounge will be open and functional for meals

2) standard BWI CL room if lounge open and only IF they give the same discount we have on the deluxe( I think 30% or 25%), not rack

3) YC or BC CL again only at same discount we have, not rack

4) BWI standard room, hopefully BW/water view only at same discount

5) If none of the above we can wait to last minute and cancel the BWI and keep the GDT CL Deluxe suite

Any opinions?

And does anybody remember what the Discovery Wildlife Excursion was? I vaguely remember there was something CL guests could sign up for right when we started staying CL but I don’t remember any details.
We did it a couple of times. It was an AK safari in a 16 passenger vehicle that lasted about an hour. It followed the same path the regular safari did, but they would pull over at different spots depending on what animals were out so you got a longer and closer view of them. You also got a lot more information on the various animals, and could ask questions On one excursion the Rhinos were blocking our path and they had to call for someone to move them. They brought a big truck with food and dropped it along a path and they followed it. You can even bribe wild animals with food. 😄 It was available for any CL guest not just AKL guests. It was awesome and so reasonably priced. I wish it was still available.

We did it a couple of times. It was an AK safari in a 16 passenger vehicle that lasted about an hour. It followed the same path the regular safari did, but they would pull over at different spots depending on what animals were out so you got a longer and closer view of them. You also got a lot more information on the various animals, and could ask questions On one excursion the Rhinos were blocking our path and they had to call for someone to move them. They brought a big truck with food and dropped it along a path and they followed it. You can even bribe wild animals with food. 😄 It was available for any CL guest not just AKL guests. It was awesome and so reasonably priced. I wish it was still available.
the orginal sunrise safari we did back in Oct 2001 during Walts 100th birthday and it was only for AKL Concierge guests. your description matches what we did but afterwards we had a truly amazing breakfast buffet at Tusker House;

Not sure which one we did in 2014 but it sounds like this. It was amazing. I think at that point it was only akl cl but I could be wrong. We were staying there when we did it and met in a room off the lobby. Did they replace it with anything? We really enjoyed this. Had a great guide and saw so many animals

the orginal sunrise safari we did back in Oct 2001 during Walts 100th birthday and it was only for AKL Concierge guests. your description matches what we did but afterwards we had a truly amazing breakfast buffet at Tusker House;
This was one of our favorite experiences at Disney. The Sunrise Safari for CL guests was amazing. Breakfast at Tusker House, and later I believe it was moved to Pizzafari. Something we hope they bring back again at some point..... And I do believe that they did start opening it up to non-AKL CL guests eventually.

we have a BWI deluxe CL booked for May 9 - May 16 with the 30% AP discount. Was just there Jan 31-Feb 7. With all the uncertainty and certain posts here about all the differing info about whether or not the BW CL will be ready and different ways to proceed, I contacted Lene who told me it is still too early to know, but the Deluxes and Suites will be last to be finished. So I checked online and the only CL rooms available for then are AKL and GDT. So I booked a Deluxe suite at GDT with the discount. So based on what we hear by the end of April the following are my choices in preferred order. I also covered myself with all possible meals for B,L, & D if we only get BWI non CL rooms and have to eat all brekkies out. Always have dinners out and a few lunches and a couple of brekkies but DW loves the CL brekkies( i like them too but always prefer character meals at resorts or in parks):

Any opinions?
I think you have a great plan to cover all scenarios!

We have a 5/12 check-in, and I have a 2 bedroom CL and standard CL currently reserved. If those don’t work, I’m not sure what will happen as I haven’t been able to find any other Epcot area CL with availability.

I did book a Tower CR CL as well, but I don’t know that I really want that room for that part of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter