8EB19E41-7A37-4CBB-AB4C-5A4759FF1751.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 69
  • F6733377-9BB2-4285-B75A-C6FD6EB5958D.jpeg
    F6733377-9BB2-4285-B75A-C6FD6EB5958D.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 020643B3-CDB4-4265-B388-D9440E119425.jpeg
    020643B3-CDB4-4265-B388-D9440E119425.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 78

It feels as if the walk to the bus stop is the same as the walk to the resort. Or darn near close to it. Just out towards the City Walk entrance vs out towards the resort entrance. At least from Universal. If you came out of Islands the bus stop may have been slightly closer.

Just don't try and Google Map a walking route. I was just trying to play around to show and it refuses to give the correct route. It came close but it wouldn't use a couple of the paths for some reason. It wants to use the street sidewalks, which is not the way

Velvet Lounge is a nice place for a drink. Sometimes they have some good entertainment going on
I saw this in the lounge. Has an espresso setting. In the room that looks like a bar.
Just switched my upcoming Sept trip from BC CL to BWI CL when I saw standard availability open at the Disney+ discount rate! Gonna be my first stay at BWI CL, I’ve heard so much about it here over the years I’m definitely excited! (Special thanks to @jods for all the info on the current offerings!!)
I hope you enjoy it!! We enjoyed our stay, long hallways and all 😆 I would definitely stay there again. If you like tomato basil soup the one from Boardwalk deli was delicious.

Attachments

• 20220820_174821.jpg
    20220820_174821.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 69
I saw this in the lounge. Has an espresso setting. In the room that looks like a bar.

I hope you enjoy it!! We enjoyed our stay, long hallways and all 😆 I would definitely stay there again. If you like tomato basil soup the one from Boardwalk deli was delicious.
Ah. Guess we never went in that room. And with no staff around that welcomed us we got no tour of the lounge or anything. With things being in different rooms guess they need someone there to show guests around. we’ll know for next time.

Ah. Guess we never went in that room. And with no staff around that welcomed us we got no tour of the lounge or anything. With things being in different rooms guess they need someone there to show guests around. we’ll know for next time.
I don't think anyone knows it's in there. We were only in there because it was packed and no where to sit. Not one person used it the entire time we were sitting there.

Another stormy night in Florida. No boat service again so stayed at the hotel. My husband's knee was hurting so he didn't want to walk. Did catch part of the opera singers though. Just phenomenal.

I won't even do Space!!!! Or the new Toy Story family coaster 😳 FOP I have to look up. I can do 7 dwarfs, and Splash on a good day. I do like TT, but I hold on for dear life. That's as wild as I get. My husband will go with kids and if he thinks I can do it we will do it another day. We'll purchase it or try for another boarding group. I want to do it but am terrified.
If you Ike 7DMT, you would also love the Toy Story coaster! Not bad at all!
I am also afraid of getting N+V from GotG.

I didn't realize you could see the water lop. We've been going to the room with the TV. This morning was potatoes, wraps, fruit and the normal stuff. We actually debated HR last night because of the walk and bus situation with rain. We actually ubered there because we didn't want to be late for our reservation. Good to know about HR cl though
The only thing this is missing is alcohol throughout the day.

They have a picture of Portofino, Italy in the room and my son said, look mom, this is what the hotel looked like when it was first opened 🤣 I really need to get these kids to Europe.
I say that all the time! I so want to get them over there to see stuff they only know from pictures!!

Oh, we walk. By the time you walk to the bus you'd be at Portofinfo.
We walk too lol! I’m not good at waiting for things!

We are staying at the Poly CL in June. What time does the CL lounge open? Do they have beverages available 24/7?
Most cl’s have coffee at 6:30; breakfast 7-10:30a. Midday I have seen 11, 11:30 and 12 to start but there’s not much there. You can grab beverages and fruit that are usually stocked all day. Appetizer time is 5-7p and desserts 8-10p.

Poly I have not done since reopening but will be there in Sept.

We take cups with water and grab a soda or a wine if we are heading out late so we have it when we return to the room. Also there is a coffee maker in the room if you are up early. Adult beverages are upon request when lounge is open.

June is a long way away so keep on eye out people will post updates. 🍍👍

Whoot whoot! Headed to GF RPC on Wed. A couple of solo days and then meeting sister/niece for the party (yay!) on Friday and weekend shenanigans. We just got home from a scuba diving trip to British Columbia late last night, so today is my day to turn it around - unpack/repack, laundry, catch up on work emails, and mentally adjust to the switch from frickin’ freezing water to hot-as-the-sun-and-humid-too Orlando. Been researching slushy beverages in the parks….

(ETA: In fact, just posted a thread about the topic 🤣)

Someone wanted pics of recent RPC offerings, right? Will do my best!

Last edited:
More storms (not that we can see, sky was gray for a minute)🙄😔 we just missed the last boat from city walk. The captain offered to take 1 of the 4 of us. Actually room on the boat for all of us🙄 Grounded for lightening in the area minutes later. Plan was pool but all closed lol. Sun is shining. Hope it passes. Last 2 nights we had lightening all night. The walk back wasn't bad. I totally would have walked instead of the bus had I known prior 🤷‍♀️

More storms (not that we can see, sky was gray for a minute)🙄😔 we just missed the last boat from city walk. The captain offered to take 1 of the 4 of us. Actually room on the boat for all of us🙄 Grounded for lightening in the area minutes later. Plan was pool but all closed lol. Sun is shining. Hope it passes. Last 2 nights we had lightening all night. The walk back wasn't bad. I totally would have walked instead of the bus had I known prior 🤷‍♀️
I walked more than boat. I like to get 20000- 30000 steps a day at WDW/US. Then I feel like it’s ok to have 🍷 and 🧁lol.

Glad you found the walk finally. Hope you get to the pool

We almost exclusively walk from Portofino to City Walk/parks. It’s a lovely, shaded walk. Every time we walk, one of us will comment about the lack of shade on every hotel to park walk at Disney. That last little bit from the boat dock area to the main building, across the plaza, can be a scorcher, though, if you hit it wrong.

Glad you found the walk finally. Hope you get to the pool
We almost exclusively walk from Portofino to City Walk/parks. It’s a lovely, shaded walk. Every time we walk, one of us will comment about the lack of shade on every hotel to park walk at Disney. That last little bit from the boat dock area to the main building, across the plaza, can be a scorcher, though, if you hit it wrong.
We would definitely walk again. I pictured so much worse. I read about cutting through hard rock parking lot so we tried that. Not sure if it saved us any time. Regardless, it was a nice walk and we did get some pool time in. Leaving tomorrow am. Not ready to leave. We didn't relax nearly as much as we wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter