• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club 2 queen deluxe room in the main building. I took these pictures in May 2022. Room #4420. Sorry not sorry for the messy room, on vacation.
View attachment 678568View attachment 678569View attachment 678570View attachment 678571View attachment 678572View attachment 678573View attachment 678574

@Dispro1 is my friend and I have gotten to see the deluxe rooms when she stays there. They are so roomy! Thx for the pix!

Last edited:
Opinions - party of 5, me and DH plus 3 teen boys -

BWI Standard CL room or CR Garden Wing 1 BR Hospitality suite with Atrium Club access? (about double the price but 3x more room)

We've been set on a Crescent lake resort so I haven't really even looked into the Atrium CL.
Dh and Ds flight home was canceled one year. Dd and I were to stay on after a 2 bedroom villa stay and moved to CR in Atrium cl. When they guys came back to the WDW I just could not do all 4 of us in a single room after all the space of a villa. The only room left was the HS.

The bedroom was the same as the rest of the resort. 2 queens and the twin sofa. Same bathroom set up as well. Then there was a queen sofa sleeper and a full bath with standing shower. The suite had 3 door which is fun lol!

The last door had the closets near the door like the other rooms with a 1/2 bath next to it. Dd and I used they as our “ready room” for hair n makeup. Having 2 sofa sections to sprawl out on was nice midday! The little kitchen area with plenty of seating was nice too!b

Dd has this booked for her Bach party next spring. It had the most space that could sleep 7 . Cl is not as a convenient however I would run up and grab things and bring it back. I don’t mind extra steps. I would always let the cm know I’m out in the HS so dont mind me I’m hauling stuff for 4 people. They were always willing to help me if I needed anything too.

I did get full bottles of wine. I asked if I should take my glass on the elevator and through the lobby ? No ma’am you can have a bottle 👍

The downside is no balcony and 1/2 of them face parking lot. I would request 1st floor poolside for a patio.Maybe you’d get lucky they is only 1 of those.

FYI they were still working on these rooms in May when we stayed in that wing. Windows were open and they were a mess. Hope they turn out nice!

Opinions - party of 5, me and DH plus 3 teen boys -

BWI Standard CL room or CR Garden Wing 1 BR Hospitality suite with Atrium Club access? (about double the price but 3x more room)

We've been set on a Crescent lake resort so I haven't really even looked into the Atrium CL.
It's really what you and your husband prefer. Most people will say you need more room.

More room is nice, but 5 works; I've done it many, many times. The only time we had a suite was at Poly and that was definitely nice but also pricey (and was a magical upgrade). We've done BWI CL with 5 and the deluxe room vs std room does give you more space but there is still one bathroom. We have different schedules so it has worked in the past: DH and I tend to get up and go to bed earlier so it staggers room usage. If you all want to get up at 8am and take a shower, that won't work.

Being able to shower and then go to the CL to sit around and look at your phone or have coffee/wine while the others sleep/get ready is a big bonus. Remember there are other families of 5 in the resort in one room with no access to a lounge like that. I also don't have daughters and don't really 'do' hair and makeup except for 10 minutes so that helps as well :wizard:

Will it work? Yes, definitely. Will you enjoy it? YMMV

Ok, I booked a 2nd room. Coronado CL. Do I keep a regular room at BWI or switch to gran destino tower. *sigh* pro is CL, cons are not walking distance to epcot and no extra hours. I'm so torn. I was never 100% excited for BWI. But who knows. Any recent chronos reviews? Also, not sure how much we will be at the resort. It could go either way lol. I can't fit all the dining I want in but would definitely cancel some that are in epcot area.

Ok, I booked a 2nd room. Coronado CL. Do I keep a regular room at BWI or switch to gran destino tower. *sigh* pro is CL, cons are not walking distance to epcot and no extra hours. I'm so torn. I was never 100% excited for BWI. But who knows. Any recent chronos reviews? Also, not sure how much we will be at the resort. It could go either way lol. I can't fit all the dining I want in but would definitely cancel some that are in epcot area.
Walking to Epcot is a major perk as is EMH. Not a fan of BWI, find the rooms to be really dated and in need of a refresh. Big fan of Coronado, Chronos lounge is gorgeous....and the views are stunning. I really enjoy the food...but it's not for everyone. Of all the club levels they seem to offer the most options for vegetarians. Food is definitely inspired by the resort. I would personally take Coronado CL over BWI (as I don't usually take advantage of EMH) and the bus rides to Studios and Epcot are short (if you hit things just right). If tour trip is a bit more on the leisurely side....I'd switch to Coronado, if your trip is more parks focused....maybe stick to BWI. Let us know what you decide! Either way, you'll be in Disney....so it's a win/win.

Walking to Epcot is a major perk as is EMH. Not a fan of BWI, find the rooms to be really dated and in need of a refresh. Big fan of Coronado, Chronos lounge is gorgeous....and the views are stunning. I really enjoy the food...but it's not for everyone. Of all the club levels they seem to offer the most options for vegetarians. Food is definitely inspired by the resort. I would personally take Coronado CL over BWI (as I don't usually take advantage of EMH) and the bus rides to Studios and Epcot are short (if you hit things just right). If tour trip is a bit more on the leisurely side....I'd switch to Coronado, if your trip is more parks focused....maybe stick to BWI. Let us know what you decide! Either way, you'll be in Disney....so it's a win/win.
Agree with everything.

Yeah, for a heavy park / ADR trip CSR may start to feel a little land-locked if you're only using buses, IMO. If you have a car or are ride-sharing CSR is actually one of the more centrally located resorts to all four parks and is a quick couple of turns and you're on your way anywhere on property - so I find it pretty convenient to bounce around.

I don't really mind the buses, but I concede I don't totally love when you're having to stop at all of the internal stops at the end of the night when you're just wanting to get off that darn bus and get to bed. Of course one could get out and walk at any of the stops, but sometimes you just want to get there. Although sitting here thinking about it it's not all that different than if you're at GF and have to stop at Poly on the way home - it just 'feels' longer. :-)

Everybody hear about the Cosmic Remind Christmas overlay with holiday music? Dd and I are obsessed ! I hope Jackson 5 is music they choose, so fun!

I am stalking a room in November for that and mvmcp. Wow prices are scary . Having the Disney visa discount really helped for our Sept trip. I guess I’ll just wait and wing it and hope for some discounts later.

No trip here until Sept. Anybody have one soon? Send pix please!

Everybody hear about the Cosmic Remind Christmas overlay with holiday music? Dd and I are obsessed ! I hope Jackson 5 is music they choose, so fun!

I am stalking a room in November for that and mvmcp. Wow prices are scary . Having the Disney visa discount really helped for our Sept trip. I guess I’ll just wait and wing it and hope for some discounts later.

No trip here until Sept. Anybody have one soon? Send pix please!
When in November are you looking?? 🙂 Our first trip this year is in about a month, but no CL, DVC. BW/WL split.

You still have a few days left to pull off 7/4. :stir:
I have DD, plus 2 and a dog. My mil and my DS and DH all at the lake. I just got notification the loveseat and ottoman I ordered months ago is arriving 7/2 in time for holiday use!

The one time I know I cant make it. @Dispro1 will be there and will text me RPC pix at least!

I really do love 12/31 and 7/4 for those fireworks. I have been lucky to catch 12/31 3 out of the 4 last years so maybe I will try for that????

Hey CL friends! We are inching closer and closer to our GF DVC / BWI split at the end of July. This will be our first CL stay since 2019 and I'm super excited! This is our first CL BWI stay and I booked a Deluxe Room. I know they're on floors 3 and 4....which floor should I request? I am a light sleeper and I use a sound machine, but I can still hear upstairs footsteps so I'm leaning toward requesting a 4th floor room. How noisy is the lounge? Just wanted to get some opinions from others with experience. :goodvibes

We just stayed the weekend at Coronado CL and loved it (well, other than bringing COVID home with us...). It was our first Disney club experience and I'm a convert! However, we visit every couple of weeks and really don't spend much time in the parks in this heat so we didn't care much about park access, and have a car. We don't use the buses at bus only resorts. CL was perfect for a relaxing, mainly resort staycation vibe.

I love the Boardwalk location and would have a hard time giving it up if I wanted to spend time in the parks. The quick transportation options are big pluses for me. But you should definitely feel excited about your vacation and if you aren't excited about BWI, I'd give that some serious consideration.

Hey CL friends! We are inching closer and closer to our GF DVC / BWI split at the end of July. This will be our first CL stay since 2019 and I'm super excited! This is our first CL BWI stay and I booked a Deluxe Room. I know they're on floors 3 and 4....which floor should I request? I am a light sleeper and I use a sound machine, but I can still hear upstairs footsteps so I'm leaning toward requesting a 4th floor room. How noisy is the lounge? Just wanted to get some opinions from others with experience. :goodvibes
I have had both 3rd and 4th floor rooms. I prefer the balcony of the 3rd but proximity of 4th to lounge so you get a benefit at least with whichever you are assigned.

The lounge is generally more laid back than any of the others I have tried. Don't forget with that extra space you can always just take items back to the room. FYI there is a rolling table under the desk :)

We just stayed the weekend at Coronado CL and loved it (well, other than bringing COVID home with us...). It was our first Disney club experience and I'm a convert! However, we visit every couple of weeks and really don't spend much time in the parks in this heat so we didn't care much about park access, and have a car. We don't use the buses at bus only resorts. CL was perfect for a relaxing, mainly resort staycation vibe.

I love the Boardwalk location and would have a hard time giving it up if I wanted to spend time in the parks. The quick transportation options are big pluses for me. But you should definitely feel excited about your vacation and if you aren't excited about BWI, I'd give that some serious consideration.

Last edited:
If sound is a problem for you honestly, you may have more issue with sounds from the Boardwalk than you do from floor above or their lounge area. Personally we never hear any of those but if you’ve heard footsteps in other rooms than you are more sensitive than most to sounds.

I think you quoted the wrong post :)

Agree with everything.
Yeah, for a heavy park / ADR trip CSR may start to feel a little land-locked if you're only using buses, IMO. If you have a car or are ride-sharing CSR is actually one of the more centrally located resorts to all four parks and is a quick couple of turns and you're on your way anywhere on property - so I find it pretty convenient to bounce around.

I don't really mind the buses, but I concede I don't totally love when you're having to stop at all of the internal stops at the end of the night when you're just wanting to get off that darn bus and get to bed. Of course one could get out and walk at any of the stops, but sometimes you just want to get there. Although sitting here thinking about it it's not all that different than if you're at GF and have to stop at Poly on the way home - it just 'feels' longer. :-)
If sound is a problem for you honestly, you may have more issue with sounds from the Boardwalk than you do from floor above or their lounge area. Personally we never hear any of those but if you’ve heard footsteps in other rooms than you are more sensitive than most to sounds.
This is so confusing! I like the BW area but the hotel does nothing for me. I plan park heavy but everyone will be happy with a relaxing trip. We would definitely do uber for some parks and definitely adrs. A WL cl popped up last night with no discount and I almost booked that since they've had no availability. I just don't want to pay rack rate for CL at YC which is what I want. My kids said they don't care about CL at Disney because we didn't have it last year. I ordered snacks and drinks to the room to make up for it. I did like the look of the tower better them bwi. A lot better. I think if a discounted room at yc opened up (CL or not) I would be content. Or say screw it and just pay rack. I can't believe I'm thinking of rack rate. As it is, I'm paying rack rate for universal. Then I think my son is going to college right after and qualify time together is nice. Just don't love the theme of bw rooms though ai do love the actual boardwalk.

This is so confusing! I like the BW area but the hotel does nothing for me. I plan park heavy but everyone will be happy with a relaxing trip. We would definitely do uber for some parks and definitely adrs. A WL cl popped up last night with no discount and I almost booked that since they've had no availability. I just don't want to pay rack rate for CL at YC which is what I want. My kids said they don't care about CL at Disney because we didn't have it last year. I ordered snacks and drinks to the room to make up for it. I did like the look of the tower better them bwi. A lot better. I think if a discounted room at yc opened up (CL or not) I would be content. Or say screw it and just pay rack. I can't believe I'm thinking of rack rate. As it is, I'm paying rack rate for universal. Then I think my son is going to college right after and qualify time together is nice. Just don't love the theme of bw rooms though ai do love the actual boardwalk.
Yep the trap. Do I pay rack for exactly what I want or know I’m saving?

Keep looking , often something in my “preferred list” shows up!

Honestly non cl trips have been as good as cl ones 2020,21,22. I kinda like the flexibility of non cl. You can always do cl next trip? Keep us posted! I have a feeling you will be cha changing more than once 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter