Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks! Good thoughts and comments. I've done CL at the GF Sugar Loaf (solid value), Poly (best lounge in my opinion, I could have hung out there all day) and AKL (disliked). AKL was a split w/WL. All of my prior CL stays were booked with a room discount of one kind or another. Most recent was Poly the NYE before Covid. I paid high prices for all, but prices that seemed justifiable. None were even in the ballpark of today's RPC pricing, which seems stratospheric. RPC is approx $1400 per night for my dates, almost double the nightly price of my Garden View room. While I'd really like to experience RPC, I can't justify it. Yet here on the Dis, I see lots of people who seem to absolutely love RPC and I'm trying to understand why. Is it just the prestige factor? The "dream stay" factor? Or is there a value to those rooms that I'm not understanding?
I have my first trip to GF RPC coming up in Nov. Pricing is totally obscene, and I won’t try to make a case that it’s “worth it.” It’s only 3 nights, but ack, those 3 nights (not 1400, but not far off on the most spendy night)! It’s just me in the room as well (my sister and her daughter will be there for one night but in their own room). I’d initially booked YC, planning to stalk BWI CL - I do want CL because I’ve missed it and because I don’t want to do indoor ADRs right now - and I really prefer the Epcot area. Honestly, when I come out with DH, we always stay in that area. But once my sister decided to come for part of my trip, and once we decided to do an After Hours night together, I switched to the MK area - my niece, much as I love her, would not be pleasant with a longer trip back to the resort at the end of that night. I keep looking for CR CL for the length of my stay because it’s closer and cheaper, but no dice - one night overlaps D23, so not only do I think rooms are unlikely to show up, I also worry that the hotel itself and maybe the club will be too crowded for my comfort…. GF RPC is so open and spread out - it doesn’t seem like it is in danger of that. Not to get on a side topic, but I’m seeing my aging parents a week later, and although everyone’s vaccinated except my niece, I’m trying to ensure I’m as cautious as possible.

I’m willing to throw money at this and a few other things to avoid crowding - with the upside being a glorious 3 days. But the pricing increases the past 2 years have been pretty…shocking. I can afford it, but I don’t anticipate affording 3 undiscounted nights at RPC again any time soon after this!

Last edited:
Thanks! Good thoughts and comments. I've done CL at the GF Sugar Loaf (solid value), Poly (best lounge in my opinion, I could have hung out there all day) and AKL (disliked). AKL was a split w/WL. All of my prior CL stays were booked with a room discount of one kind or another. Most recent was Poly the NYE before Covid. I paid high prices for all, but prices that seemed justifiable. None were even in the ballpark of today's RPC pricing, which seems stratospheric. RPC is approx $1400 per night for my dates, almost double the nightly price of my Garden View room. While I'd really like to experience RPC, I can't justify it. Yet here on the Dis, I see lots of people who seem to absolutely love RPC and I'm trying to understand why. Is it just the prestige factor? The "dream stay" factor? Or is there a value to those rooms that I'm not understanding?

For our family, we're game to spend money on experiences. We love listening to the pianist from the club (and the orchestra when it was there). And since my DH usually travels with me around New Year's, we love that tree in the lobby. In addition to the food (because we usually don't eat anywhere else) it's about the overall feel to the place.

So, everyone is different, but walking into the Grand - and then being able to walk down to the lounge and look out over the lobby - has a special magic. But, of course, everyone has different things that feel magical to them.

THAT said, unless I could get a discount I probably wouldn't stay there on a solo trip because my touring style is different when I'm alone (or meeting girlfriends) (as I tend to rope drop) VS traveling with DH (who prefers a slower morning)

Right? It's interesting that previously there was no availability for RPC for my dates (Oct 1-6) while now there are several RPC rooms available including +/- one or two days (my travel dates are flexible). What is that all about? People book RPC and then cancel it 2 weeks out? Weird. Regarding your "real world" hotel comparison, which I can't help but comment on, you're absolutely right. The Four Seasons has Theme Park View (fireworks view) rooms available for those same days at $1200/nt ($200 less than RPC). The Four Seasons! One of the most expensive hotel chains in the world.

I think there's additional availability property wide for a few reasons - Covid Numbers, Masks (for people on both sides), additional resorts opening that weren't available, finding discounts at other hotels, and people flat changing their mind to come later (since the 50th celebration is going to last 18 months)

I also wonder if a few rooms were never made available inventory wise - held for VIP/Celebrity - and finally released.

Right? It's interesting that previously there was no availability for RPC for my dates (Oct 1-6) while now there are several RPC rooms available including +/- one or two days (my travel dates are flexible). What is that all about? People book RPC and then cancel it 2 weeks out? Weird. Regarding your "real world" hotel comparison, which I can't help but comment on, you're absolutely right. The Four Seasons has Theme Park View (fireworks view) rooms available for those same days at $1200/nt ($200 less than RPC). The Four Seasons! One of the most expensive hotel chains in the world.
Yes. From what I’ve seen with my late Sept trip cancellations start just over 30 days out and then accelerate from there.

[
I'm not going to lie...Disney pricing is insane, and RPC is the craziest! Now that the orchestra is gone, it will be even harder to justify, but we'll see how things are this weekend. I hope the plush robes are back at least instead of the waffle weave ones lol. We did get a 25% discount which is probably the main reason we booked this short, last minute trip. For us, there is some sentimental attachment since our kids grew up staying there (youngest DD is 17 now), so we stay there a couple of times a year at least; however, we used to be able to stay in RPC for around a third of what it costs today so now we typically do a split with BWI CL since we also love HS so it works well (sometimes Poly)! As far as the TPV room in RPC goes, the view is nice, but the rooms tend to be farther from the lounge, and it's definitely not the best TPV at Disney. Poly is better in that category. We have booked the TPV room when it was the only thing available and we did enjoy it, but I prefer the Deluxe room (two queen) if it is available and if not then just standard. The Deluxe King is nice if you're lucky enough to get a turret room, but I'm not a fan of the second floor since you have to use an elevator to get to the lounge. TBH, I'm not surprised that people are cancelling their reservations for the 50th, because a lot of people were probably hoping there would be a discount (plus a lot of people are scared of the current surge of the Delta variant). You might even get lucky with someone cancelling a standard RPC room for your dates. If you're just wanting to try RPC, you might want to wait until you can get it with a discount at least, but then again, having the RPC lounge to escape the craziness of the parks on the 50th would be nice! Also, I feel like the lounge being open to the atrium/main lobby creates better ventilation as far as Covid goes?? That is the way I felt about the lounge at AKL when we were there two weeks ago too, and I didn't get sick so maybe that's true?? @TexanInTheMidwest pretty much perfectly described how we feel about RPC too, but it definitely varies from person to person. Some people don't like RPC and favor the ones I don't really like lol. Everyone is different! As far as Disney room rates compared to other resorts, it will be interesting to see what happens. Right now, Covid is limiting travel to places farther away, but that won't last forever. Disney will always be a popular vacation destination, but I hope they will have to offer better discounts at least once people are more comfortable taking those longer flights to Europe and various island locations (giving Disney more competition). I guess I'm off topic too, but there's not much CL to talk about at Disney just yet...hopefully a lot to talk about this weekend!

[

I'm not going to lie...Disney pricing is insane, and RPC is the craziest! Now that the orchestra is gone, it will be even harder to justify, but we'll see how things are this weekend. I hope the plush robes are back at least instead of the waffle weave ones lol. We did get a 25% discount which is probably the main reason we booked this short, last minute trip. For us, there is some sentimental attachment since our kids grew up staying there (youngest DD is 17 now), so we stay there a couple of times a year at least; however, we used to be able to stay in RPC for around a third of what it costs today so now we typically do a split with BWI CL since we also love HS so it works well (sometimes Poly)! As far as the TPV room in RPC goes, the view is nice, but the rooms tend to be farther from the lounge, and it's definitely not the best TPV at Disney. Poly is better in that category. We have booked the TPV room when it was the only thing available and we did enjoy it, but I prefer the Deluxe room (two queen) if it is available and if not then just standard. The Deluxe King is nice if you're lucky enough to get a turret room, but I'm not a fan of the second floor since you have to use an elevator to get to the lounge. TBH, I'm not surprised that people are cancelling their reservations for the 50th, because a lot of people were probably hoping there would be a discount (plus a lot of people are scared of the current surge of the Delta variant). You might even get lucky with someone cancelling a standard RPC room for your dates. If you're just wanting to try RPC, you might want to wait until you can get it with a discount at least, but then again, having the RPC lounge to escape the craziness of the parks on the 50th would be nice! Also, I feel like the lounge being open to the atrium/main lobby creates better ventilation as far as Covid goes?? That is the way I felt about the lounge at AKL when we were there two weeks ago too, and I didn't get sick so maybe that's true?? @TexanInTheMidwest pretty much perfectly described how we feel about RPC too, but it definitely varies from person to person. Some people don't like RPC and favor the ones I don't really like lol. Everyone is different! As far as Disney room rates compared to other resorts, it will be interesting to see what happens. Right now, Covid is limiting travel to places farther away, but that won't last forever. Disney will always be a popular vacation destination, but I hope they will have to offer better discounts at least once people are more comfortable taking those longer flights to Europe and various island locations (giving Disney more competition). I guess I'm off topic too, but there's not much CL to talk about at Disney just yet...hopefully a lot to talk about this weekend!
Great input, thanks!! The RPC Standard Room is available but price is $1309/nt. I'm currently paying $750 for Garden View and just can't essentially double my already sky high trip cost. The Deluxe King is also available at the $1400 range, but it's too expensive and I wouldn't want one of those turret rooms with no balcony and I wouldn't want to be 2nd floor. The turret room is pretty cool, but no balcony is a deal breaker for me. Fingers crossed that sometime in the future I'll be lucky enough to book RPC at a cheaper time of year, with a discount. Otherwise, I can't do it. I'm sure looking forward to hearing about your stay though!! Hope you have a great time! And I think you can look forward to the plush robes vs. the waffle weave. I went 2 weeks ago and stayed in a 1 bedroom suite outer building and we had the nice plush robes.

I really think it's this. Even if you could afford to spend it why would you want to. The price doesn't really buy you extra value, it's just the location. Disney has become really hard to plan. CL prices should also buy you some planning assistance/benefits.
After making ADRs for my Nov trip for my family I really wish we'd been booked CL for DSS planning. I love Riviera and am stoked we're staying there, but with all the IT issues it would have been really nice to give them the ADR list this time. Also I live in CA. I used to wake up at 4am for FPs and just make an early morning of it but 3am is just not acceptable. And DSS can add all the allergy info which is another point where the tech sometimes fails out of the blue when making reservations.

Heading back to the GR/RPC tomorrow (#54). Haven't been there since March 2020. Recent trips to the GFR for dining allowed us to chat with some CMs who told us that several exceptional RPC CMs had retired.

All the best! :thumbsup2
I haven’t seen you in while. I got to see several GF cm’s at akl’s cl opening. I was so happy😃
Abdul, Francisco, Patty, Jeanine and Eline.I think the last 2 from SL.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

My last was Mar 2020 too!

Steakhouse71 available for booking they are going fast. I only got up cause my dog was bugging me. I thought this opened tomorrow. Anyway there should be more MK area availability as people get their S71 ADRs and cancel other things.

Steakhouse71 available for booking they are going fast. I only got up cause my dog was bugging me. I thought this opened tomorrow. Anyway there should be more MK area availability as people get their S71 ADRs and cancel other things.

Yeah, was just poking around seeing if any dates/times worked, went to book one and the stupid website made me change my password for like the 5th time in 2 months. Finally got back and it was gone.

I was on the fence with getting an ADR anyway so guess that answers it for me.

Will give the lounge a try. Used to almost always be able to walk up there, maybe not so much anymore.

Yeah, was just poking around seeing if any dates/times worked, went to book one and the stupid website made me change my password for like the 5th time in 2 months. Finally got back and it was gone.

I was on the fence with getting an ADR anyway so guess that answers it for me.

Will give the lounge a try. Used to almost always be able to walk up there, maybe not so much anymore.
Mine wouldn't let me 'cancel and replace' so I had to go back and my favored time was gone :( Now I think about it, I was in my son's MDE instead of mine and I made the original ADR...dang!

Last edited:
Mine wouldn't let me 'cancel and replace' so I had to go back and my favored time was gone :( Now I think about it, I was in my son's MDE instead of mine and I made the original ADR...dang! btw I didn't realize you could 'remove my name' from an ADR and then book another one at the same time by leaving the other names blank.
Might be a strategy to get a group bigger than 7 together. Make two reservations, then call in and modify them to combine after the rush. I'll have a group of 10 to make reservations for next year - not looking forward to that!

Might be a strategy to get a group bigger than 7 together. Make two reservations, then call in and modify them to combine after the rush. I'll have a group of 10 to make reservations for next year - not looking forward to that!
In the past I have always listed all the names on the ADR but going forward I will just use a lead name and leave the others blank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter