Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

No idea if monorail CMs are any more reliable than a Disney bus driver but when they took the Poly stop down in mid Nov a Momorail CM told us they expect it to be down 9 months šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

With WL + BC coming online for beginning of summer I donā€™t see the need for them to push hard on Poly.
Oh, I know, I'm just having a hard time making up my mind where to change to. My friend that works for WDW said not to expect until around August (could be slightly before, could be slightly after), but either way I know it won't be open for memorial day weekend and right after when we're going. I just don't know where I want to go :( . I wish CL was announced to be back, that would make things easier, and I wish WL was opening just a few days earlier because I would book that in a second so I can experience those rooms all nice and new.

Any DVC members here? Do you miss CL when staying on the DVC side?

We bought DVC in 2017 and only stayed CL prior to buying in. We bought into DVC because we wanted to start taking longer trips twice a year. At first we said we would only do CL for special occasions, but keeping CL from our stays only lasted a year! šŸ˜‚ 2019 we added a week at GF SL to our DVC stay and this past year, we added two CL days each prior to our summer/fall trips, (but as you know, temporarily no more CL!!) Itā€™s SO hard to go cold turkey!! DH says how much he misses it all the time, and at first, he was the one who didnā€™t think heā€™d miss it!! As long as I get a little taste of it, Iā€™m content once we move to the DVC side. Do you have DVC or are you thinking about buying in?

Oh, I know, I'm just having a hard time making up my mind where to change to. My friend that works for WDW said not to expect until around August (could be slightly before, could be slightly after), but either way I know it won't be open for memorial day weekend and right after when we're going. I just don't know where I want to go :( . I wish CL was announced to be back, that would make things easier, and I wish WL was opening just a few days earlier because I would book that in a second so I can experience those rooms all nice and new.
Aww dang!! I was gonna be all ā€œWL of course! New rooms!!ā€ šŸ˜ž

Why do I feel like Riviera will end up helping drown your sorrows away come May? :rolleyes1

Y'all, while on our Christmas week trip I kept whispering "I miss club level". I also wish Riviera had CL so that when it comes back I could use it there, stayed there the second part of our trip and OMG what a beauty! All it needs is CL and I'd never book anywhere else. Fingers crossed CL is back this summer, I doubt it, but a girl can dream. Also wish Poly was going to be open in early summer, I know I need to change our early June booking to something else but I'm having a hard time with it.

Every time I open MDX I stare at that RPC and Poly CL reservation for the end of May and want to cry. I get it. Intellectually Iā€™ve accepted weā€™ll be at regular GF/YC but my heart canā€™t take emailing our TA yet. We are holding out as long as we can for news.

I just want to stay CL once. I feel like I cursed it for everybody lol. But hey maybe if/when it does come back if thereā€™s restrictions or things not available I wonā€™t know the difference. Silver lining!:P

We bought DVC in 2017 and only stayed CL prior to buying in. We bought into DVC because we wanted to start taking longer trips twice a year. At first we said we would only do CL for special occasions, but keeping CL from our stays only lasted a year! šŸ˜‚ 2019 we added a week at GF SL to our DVC stay and this past year, we added two CL days each prior to our summer/fall trips, (but as you know, temporarily no more CL!!) Itā€™s SO hard to go cold turkey!! DH says how much he misses it all the time, and at first, he was the one who didnā€™t think heā€™d miss it!! As long as I get a little taste of it, Iā€™m content once we move to the DVC side. Do you have DVC or are you thinking about buying in?
Thank you mrsap for sharing. I am looking into DVC. My family have been taking so many CL trips. I donā€™t know if I will regret giving up the CL convenience and luxury for more sq footage in the DVC room.

Thank you mrsap for sharing. I am looking into DVC. My family have been taking so many CL trips. I donā€™t know if I will regret giving up the CL convenience and luxury for more sq footage in the DVC room.
IMHO, the biggest benefits of the DVC rooms are (1) A kitchen at our disposal. A full sized fridge is priceless as is the ability to whip up food that we can control what goes into it; and (2) Not having/seeing all those charges on our MDE daily receipt. If we chose to opt out of room charge, there is nothing there. For me, that = BLISS.

Last edited:

Thereā€™s no need to give it up completely!! Can do like we do and add a day or two to the beginning or end of each trip or maybe interchange each trip between CL/DVC. To fill the void, we actually end up going out to eat almost every night (and do a breakfast or two!) We also go food shopping as soon as we arrive and our fridge/cabinets are stocked with snacks and whatever we like to drink!! You can pretty much create your own CL in your room!! I know itā€™s not the same, but it works for us. The trade off for me is two long stays a year instead of one. Good luck deciding!! Took me two years to get on board!!! I felt just like you did at first, but Iā€™m really happy we did it. šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Thereā€™s no need to give it up completely!! Can do like we do and add a day or two to the beginning or end of each trip or maybe interchange each trip between CL/DVC. To fill the void, we actually end up going out to eat almost every night (and do a breakfast or two!) We also go food shopping as soon as we arrive and our fridge/cabinets are stocked with snacks and whatever we like to drink!! You can pretty much create your own CL in your room!! I know itā€™s not the same, but it works for us. The trade off for me is two long stays a year instead of one. Good luck deciding!! Took me two years to get on board!!! I felt just like you did at first, but Iā€™m really happy we did it. šŸ™‚

We are DVC members and avid CL goers and I completely agree with the above. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing type of thing. We love both and enjoy both. When we stay CL we tend to be more resort people and when we are DVC we are more park people. Maybe rent DVC points for your next trip and try it out to see how you like it for your family.

I think there's also this assumption that DVC rooms are not as nice as regular hotel rooms. We've stayed at every DVC and every resort on property, excluding FW and we actually think most DVC rooms are nicer than the hotel rooms, which we still think are great.

So it really just comes down to preference. Also buy where you want to stay, as in, buy the resort that you most like as your home resort.

Last edited:
We are DVC members and avid CL goers and I completely agree with the above. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing type of thing. We love both and enjoy both. When we stay CL we tend to be more resort people and when we are DVC we are more park people. Maybe rent DVC points for your next trip and try it out to see how you like it for your family.

I think there's also this assumption that DVC rooms are not as nice as regular hotel rooms. We've stayed at every DVC and every resort on property, excluding FW and we actually think most DVC rooms are nicer than the hotel rooms, which we still think are great.

So it really just comes down to preference. Also buy where you want to stay, as in, buy the resort that you most like as your home resort.

That was the best piece of advice I got before buying in. However, I bought at my second favorite resort (my son's first), and am so glad I did. It's particularly important in the coming two years as there is an overabundance of points floating around in the system and demand will be high even at 11 months out.

As for Club level: well... if you like fighting the walkers, or becoming one, AKV can't be beat ;)

Really hope this is roughly correct. Eyeing a return in the fall/winter and it wouldnā€™t be the same without CL.
There is always hope.

As for practicality... Iā€™m incredibly doubtful. I heard that phrase from a few Disneyland CMs as I rebooked and rebooked and rebooked over 2020. And those same CMs are very likely out of jobs now.

Any DVC members here? Do you miss CL when staying on the DVC side?

I thought I would! But I didnt!!

I'm a CL gal through and through - and when we bought DVC in 2018 i was nervous because we were coming off Poly CL stays and well....unlimited POG juice is hard to beat. I'll still do CL stays and mix it into our DVC stays. One or two days CL, then the rest of the time DVC. It also saves our points.

I think it's because we only stay in 1 or 2 bedrooms depending on who all is coming with us, and I'll get a nice grocery delivery with all of our fave snacks, sushi tray, sandwich trays, cut up fruit, our fave drinks. It's super exclusive club level just for us šŸ¤£

I do regret the fact that WL dropped their "pay a little extra for CL" option RIGHT after we bought. I would have done that.
Or if I ever get lucky enough to snag an Animal Kingdom CL room - even for a few days - that's also always an option for DVC.

We have stayed CL at Contemporary, YC, BC, AK and thought we would miss it after purchasing DVC last year but staying in a 1 bedroom gives us a full kitchen and we like it way better than CL. well, we do miss AK CL just because the breakfast offerings were always great! But honestly, having a stove and full size fridge means we can have our own CL without the problems. After our first CL stay we loved loved CL! But on more than one occasion I witnessed kids grabbing muffins or cookies and putting them back, people taking the bagels out with their hands which means they touched the ones next to them, using dirty plates for seconds and once a grown man reached into the sliced turkey, stuffing it in his mouth and getting more right in front of me! Also at peak times it's hard to get a table. In a 1BR we always have a seat and it's easy to swing into the grocery store on our way in. Also every time we come back from the parks, the kitchen is clean and the dishwasher was filled and ran. We haven't looked back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter