• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That's very helpful, thank you! Did you have a standard room? Did you have an awning overhead? We'd like to request a boardwalk view if available but we noticed when we were visiting last that some just have a deck & no overhead shade. I'd like to avoid those room numbers on the request if I can. Thanks again!
Selfishly I have to ask when you are going.... I had a great standard room beyond the CL desk overlooking the Boardwalk. However we are going back in September and would love the same room... close to the lounge and also to the elevators.

Hi everyone! I've been away from the DISboards recently because we took a trip to California, where we had an amazing 3 night CL stay at the Grand Californian. :) . Technically the purpose of our trip was a family wedding in SoCal, but you know we couldn't resist tacking on a few DL days to the trip... :rolleyes1

So I have a question for the GF Main Building experts -- specifically about the Deluxe King rooms (I seem to recall @trishadono has stayed in these rooms, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now as well). This morning I was able to snag a one of these rooms at a discount for part of our Christmas split stay, but I was wondering whether the octagonal rooms have the pull-out sofa bed? Our 17 year old D will be with us on this stay, so she will need a sleeping surface. I noticed when I booked the room that it allowed me to book it for 3 guests, but the description seemed to indicate that not all rooms had the pull-out sofa. I would LOVE to request one of the octagon shaped rooms because my recollection from when we stayed in one of the 2nd floor jacuzzi rooms 15 years ago is that they are above Gaspy's and can get a bit noisy, but I wasn't sure if that wouldn't be possible due to the lack of a sofa bed. Does anyone know?

Originally we were booked for a CR Garden Wing 1BR suite at a BB rate for this part of the stay, and I actually haven't cancelled that reservation yet...but I wanted to snag the GF ressie while I could so we can mull over our options. We really prefer to stay in suites when we travel with our D, but I've never been able to get a GF Deluxe King at a discount for our travel dates before, so it is VERY tempting (especially at Christmastime). Plus, it will save us $900 as compared to the CR suite. I'm thinking we survived 3 nights in the same sleeping area at the Grand Californian, so we can survive 3 nights at the GF too! :charac2::rotfl2:
We loved GCH too lol.
I had the old style octagon room, no sofa bed. The 2nd floor rooms all have the single sofa/ bed. ( I had old and new)

I saw pix that the sofa in the deluxe queens are a sofa bed (have friends that stay there) but haven’t for the deluxe king.

Try asking on grand thread, @baler31 may know.

Oh for quieter you may want 4207-09. 01 or 02 are over the kitchen and noisy.

We haven't stayed CL at the Poly before and I feel like I read somewhere that the lounge is always open (although not necessarily with food offerings, of course, but to hang out), but now I can't seem to find that info in the Poly thread or the front of this one...does anyone know?

The Poly lounge is accessible 24/7. There is also seating on the 3rd floor overlooking the lounge :).

We've stayed numerous times YC Club level and been happy with the offerings. No availability for our dates and we will need to do a split stay between YC club level and either non club level boardwalk or Club level Poly. Any insights or advice? We stayed at the Poly last year non club level and while we loved the resort we were extremely unhappy with the food options. Worried club level will be more of the same. Plus, the several reviews I just skimmed made it seem like Poly does not have warm breakfast offerings.

Thanks for any insight and advice. Definitely 6 days YC club but then where for the last 3 nights.

My choice would be Poly CL. The Poly is my favorite overall, but BWI is a great resort as well. You really can't go wrong with either one, but I think an Epcot/MK split is the best of both worlds (plus you'd have CL for both stays) ;).

Ok I may have a problem.
Original reservation booked in May was 10/9 -10/15 Garden View Beach Club Room Only.
I saw the specials yesterday and booked what was available online 10/13-10/15 Club Level Beach Club online.
My original thought was to call and have first reservation modified by removing two days. Call times are long still due to specials dropping. So I tried to modify online removing those last two days of regular Garden View but it won’t let me.
Thoughts? Has anyone done anything like this before. Maybe my room only cannot be modified?

If the shorter stay is available as a new reservation, it can be modified. If not, you would have to call and ask to speak to guest services. Regular reservation CMs don't have the ability to make that change, but guest services might be able to help. It's not guaranteed that guest services will make the change, but it doesn't hurt to try. Good luck :).

Officially 3 weeks out from our first Poly CL stay! I’m hoping the next 21 days fly by!

Hope the days go fast and you have a great time at Poly CL! :jumping1:

We have close dates. Arrive on the 10th but doing 2 nights at CSR first. Switching to Poly CL on the 12th. Cannot wait!

Hope you have a great trip! :cool1:

I need some CL advise: Poly v WL. Switch from Poly to WL to save $480 on a 4 night stay? I’m leaning towards yes but wanted to check with the experts :D

Group: my parents and us 2 adult girls (we don’t mind sharing a bed). We have stayed at Poly CL, but not WL. We loved the convenience at Poly- Hawaii to the boat dock + rooms to the club. My parents will be tired by this half of the trip so my priority is to minimize their walking outside of the parks. We like the Poly theming but have multiple Grand CA stays under our CA native belts so I think the WL theming will be fine.

I’m wondering specifically
1) seating situation at WL CL- is it loud & can you still relax with the lobby noise?
2) Is the boat dock and Minnie Van pickup longer walks away than HI building at Poly? (Maybe a wash between them since the lobby is closer at WL?)
3) Are boats frequent? Do they fill up making you wait for the next often?
4) Rooms. How much smaller than Poly are we talking? Not AKL level small right?

(I could only get my Poly GV CL AP our last 2 nights so I currently have 2 reservations- 2 nights rack, next 2 AP rate. So that’s annoying.) Also maybe I put the money towards upgrading our 3 nights at YC to CL... it’s F&W so we were gonna pass but I’ve seen good things here about it...

y'all, I have a problem (and by that, I mean, a personality flaw. I cannot leave well enough alone). Yesterday, I switched from Poly to GF to save $800. Now I'm considering switching to a deluxe room at BWI, but it'll cost $200 more than my GF room. We've never stayed at BWI before (usually we're die-hard YC folks, but our family of 5 can't book a CL room at the YC anymore). Is it worth it? WWYD? We have a day planned at each park, and if we moved to the BWI I'd probably get hoppers so we could spend evenings in Epcot enjoying F&W.

IMO, the when matters a little bit. Since you say F&W, that suggests Aug 29-Nov 23.
The early end of that date range is summer= warm, hurricane season
The tail end of those dates = late fall, cool weather

I'd probably keep GF myself, but BWI would put you closer to new SW in HS.

All are lovely, but none of us really has the ability to know what which be your favorite, with all due respect. We can really only say what we'd do.

What I can do is give you a little info to help you decide what is important to you. It might help if you said more about why you like YC so much.

Both GF and BWK have the kind of light colored décor of YC (as opposed to the brownness of Poly, WL, and AKL). GF rooms are big. GF main building is easy access to monorail. GF outer building CL is located in a building that is next to the main one.

BWK is a very large hotel. Walking form one end to the other is a pretty long walk. It is a short walk to both Epcot and HS. BWK has the fun and noise of the Boardwalk area. BWK shares same lagoon as YC.
BWK pool has large clown slide, and is rather deep. It has a kid pool, but not a spectacular one. BWK quiet pool is quiet, and pretty, but not exciting. BWK has neat art gallery. BWK is short walk to all BC/YC/Swan/Dolphin and WS dining.

IMO, GF has a better pool area. GF is on the monorail loop, so easy access to all monorail loop dining. In rain and cool weather this is especially nice, because you won't have to get wet, or be out in the elements (except covered monorail platform), though monorail isn't 100% reliable.

GF is quit a bit further to the WS and thus the F&W. If you are primarily visiting WDW to go to the F&W, then the Bwk would be quite a bit closer.

In wet/cold weather, I'd prefer GF. In middle of fall weather, walking to Epcot should be a relatively nice, but walkway is not covered. In very cool weather, I like the way the AKL and WL pools are sheltered from the wind. BWK's main pool has some of that kind of protection on iffy cool swim days. GF pool is a little more exposed to the breezes. I don't think that makes much difference in hot weather.

Oh, GF gets slightly upgraded toiletries - or did on my last visit.
I can't compare food,, because my last BWK stay was some time ago, but GF food is excellent.

Last edited:
I need some CL advise: Poly v WL. Switch from Poly to WL to save $480 on a 4 night stay? I’m leaning towards yes but wanted to check with the experts :D

Group: my parents and us 2 adult girls (we don’t mind sharing a bed). We have stayed at Poly CL, but not WL. We loved the convenience at Poly- Hawaii to the boat dock + rooms to the club. My parents will be tired by this half of the trip so my priority is to minimize their walking outside of the parks. We like the Poly theming but have multiple Grand CA stays under our CA native belts so I think the WL theming will be fine.

1) seating situation at WL CL- is it loud & can you still relax with the lobby noise?
2) Is the boat dock and Minnie Van pickup longer walks away than HI building at Poly? (Maybe a wash between them since the lobby is closer at WL?)

(I could only get my Poly GV CL AP our last 2 nights so I currently have 2 reservations- 2 nights rack, next 2 AP rate. So that’s annoying.) Also maybe I put the money towards upgrading our 3 nights at YC to CL... it’s F&W so we were gonna pass but I’ve seen good things here about it...

WL would be less over walking, but CR is even less.
1. Plenty of seating. CL overlooks lobby, but I have never experienced a noise problem. My last stay, I though CL was pretty quiet. you can hear some sound from below, but I though CL was relaxing. We found WL to be quieter than Poly CL.
2. Boat dock is probably a little longer, but it depends on your point A to point B.. At every resort, room location matters. How close are you to stairs? Can your family use stairs? Using the monorail at Poly = getting out of your longhouse, then walk to main building, then getting up to upper floor. WL hotel, on the other hand has long halls, but main hotel is all one building. Rooms that are close to the elevators will be short walk to the bus stop/Minnie vans/taxis and all indoors, except the last bit, which is outdoors and covered. One thing I didn't like about Poly was using the unvcovered walkways in the rain. to me, it felt like bus stop was a long walk at Poly, but couldn't say exactly. The boat launch is a little ways and uncovered, but I don't mind that walk for some reason- and LONG walks to things like buses often bothers me at WDW.
3. Yes. If we are really in a hurry- taxi or bus is probably faster at BOTH Poly and WL.. Also, boats don't run during lightning (even when it is just in area) or heavy fog at BOTH WL and Poly.
4. Ah, WL rooms are similar to AKL in size, unless you choose deluxe rooms. Still, I think the Poly layout isn't a good use of the footage. Even though Poly is supposed to be big on paper, it doesn't feel big to me.
Poly = 409 sq feet, WL regular rooms= 350sq feet, AKL = 344 sq feet. CR=436 sq feet (these #'s are according to Passporter)

Last edited:
’m wondering specifically
WL club lounge is nice and quiet with plenty of seating. The WL CM's are friendly and helpful, too.

The boats are approximately 20 minutes apart. The only time they tend to fill up would be at park opening. Otherwise, they are great. :) And the boat to MK doesn't make any other stops.
The WL rooms are the same size as the AKL rooms. One thing I don't like about the WL concierge floor is that the rooms have dormer balconies and you have to stand to see over the wall.

WL would be less over walking, but CR is even less.
1. Plenty of seating. CL overlooks lobby, but I have never experienced a noise problem. My last stay, I though CL was pretty quiet. you can hear some sound from below, but I though CL was relaxing. We found WL to be quieter than Poly CL.
2. Boat dock is probably a little longer, but it depends on your point A to point B.. At every resort, room location matters. How close are you to stairs? Can your family use stairs? Using the monorail at Poly = getting out of your longhouse, then walk to main building, then getting up to upper floor. WL hotel, on the other hand has long halls, but main hotel is all one building. Rooms that are close to the elevators will be short walk to the bus stop/Minnie vans/taxis and all indoors, except the last bit, which is outdoors and covered. One thing I didn't like about Poly was using the unvcovered walkways in the rain. to me, it felt like bus stop was a long walk at Poly, but couldn't say exactly. The boat launch is a little ways and uncovered, but I don't mind that walk for some reason- and LONG walks to things like buses often bothers me at WDW.
3. Yes. If we are really in a hurry- taxi or bus is probably faster at BOTH Poly and WL.. Also, boats don't run during lightning (even when it is just in area) or heavy fog at BOTH WL and Poly.
4. Ah, WL rooms are similar to AKL in size, unless you choose deluxe rooms. Still, I think the Poly layout isn't a good use of the footage. Even though Poly is supposed to be big on paper, it doesn't feel big to me.
Poly = 409 sq feet, WL regular rooms= 350sq feet, AKL = 344 sq feet. CR=436 sq feet (these #'s are according to Passporter)
Thanks!!

I didn’t even consider the indoor/outdoor part! (Which is very silly because we got drenched once on each of our last two trips!)

Like GCH all amenities are enclosed except boat dock. So much easier to take an elevator to lobby.

Also TO mk we used the bus because they were so so so frequent, empty and only 4 mins to get to MK! Then we used boat back to resort unless it looked busy/ do the bus.

WL has lots of lounge seating and much more relaxing than poly.

Agree with others on the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter