Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thank you very much! I wish they gave some sort of notice so if people weren’t comfortable they had time to change!! Luckily they had a room available.

You're welcome! I agree, Disney needs to give more notice (and options) when they make changes like this. With that said, I'm glad a room was available and you were able to change your reservation :).

It literally makes NO sense. They have said the rooms will have easy acces to walkways & the pet relief area- that's not happening if an elevator is involved therefore they can't be up on the CL floor! Ugh... I can't imagine being the first guest to take them up on this $75/night offering. It's gonna be a circus.

That was my first thought when I read Maxie's post. A dog might not make it when having to take a 4 or 5 floor elevator ride and walk through a lobby to get outside. I agree with you, it's going to be a circus for sure! :sad2:

They need to figure out what's going on. It's extremely annoying each CM has a different response.

It is so annoying.
The DSS folks and the CL CM's need to make sure they are giving out accurate info.

I agree with both of the above! :thumbsup2

Can someone who has CL reservations write an email to their club level Concierge contact and get is straight from them.

People have contacted DSS, as well as talked to CL CMs onsite (see post by Maxie86) and information is still inconsistent :sad2:.

Thank you very much! I wish they gave some sort of notice so if people weren’t comfortable they had time to change!! Luckily they had a room available.

You're welcome! I agree, Disney needs to give more notice (and options) when they make changes like this.

People have contacted DSS, as well as talked to CL CMs onsite (see post by Maxie86) and information is still inconsistent :sad2:.

I realized Disney doesn't care about their guests like they used to earlier this year with the Caribbean Beach fiasco. When you are closing every food option in a resort, you don't make that decision spur of the moment. Management decided that months in advance. Yet Disney sprung it on the public with no plans to accommodate unhappy guests who booked their vacations many months in advance. I was affected & I was basically given no option to move to another resort. Disney did eventually give discounts/ gift cards to affected guests, but there was a good week of mass confusion as guests were given inconsistent information & compensations. And I'm still not sure a discount makes up for the inconvenience of very limited food options at my resort. I'll let you know after my trip in December.

And thinking about it, the construction projects at Poly & WL didn't get announced much in advance either. Again, no thought to guests who were inconvenienced. No plan to give consistent information or accommodate affected guests. Seems to be the way Disney resorts do business now. Don't see it changing anytime soon either.

I was wondering, does GF do a marshmallow roast? If so, where is it held? Also, where are the movies shown? Thank you!

Last edited:
So I have my first ever club level stay coming up in May at the Beach Club. I had a phone call from them asking what dining I'd like and to call back and tell them and they will handle my ADRs. I had no idea they did this and I'm really excited. Now I need to figure out where I want to eat.

I was wondering, does GF do a marshmallow roast? If so, where is it held? Also, where are the movies shown? Thank you!

Hi there. :wave2:

Yes, GF has both marshmallow roasts and movies. Dates and nights change month to month, but here’s a link to the current Recreation Calender.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/GrandCalendar.pdf

Or also here:

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...ides/grand-floridian-resort-recreation-guide/

As to location... the fire pit is the RED circle on the map below (presumably this location is not impacted by the pending pool work, but keep an eye out in case it is). The movies are shown on the grassy area by the YELLOW circle (or at least they were when we were there). Hope that helps!

Resort Map-April 2017_Movies and Firepit Labeled.jpg

Hi there. :wave2:

Yes, GF has both marshmallow roasts and movies. Dates and nights change month to month, but here’s a link to the current Recreation Calender.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/GrandCalendar.pdf

Or also here:

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...ides/grand-floridian-resort-recreation-guide/

As to location... the fire pit is the RED circle on the map below (presumably this location is not impacted by the pending pool work, but keep an eye out in case it is). The movies are shown on the grassy area by the YELLOW circle (or at least they were when we were there). Hope that helps!

View attachment 278751

Well hello there! :teeth: Thanks, as always. I saw the movies, but couldn’t find anything about the marshmallow roast! I appreciate your help, I’ll check out those links now! Trying to plan out which nights we can squeeze them in! I hope they play STAR WARS at least one night...:darth:

Well hello there! :teeth: Thanks, as always. I saw the movies, but couldn’t find anything about the marshmallow roast! I appreciate your help, I’ll check out those links now! Trying to plan out which nights we can squeeze them in! I hope they play STAR WARS at least one night...:darth:

Hilarious. Although it’s funny how in all of those movies the dark side never prevails? :duck::stir::stir::stir:

Not sure what November will show but at least for October, it’s nice to see the marshmallows on the schedule every night at GF. At Poly they’ve only been doing it a few nights of the week for much of the year, which bugs me. It’s always one of our favorite ways to cap off a lazy evening around the resort. :cloud9:

Hilarious. Although it’s funny how in all of those movies the dark side never prevails? :duck::stir::stir::stir:

Not sure what November will show but at least for October, it’s nice to see the marshmallows on the schedule every night at GF. At Poly they’ve only been doing it a few nights of the week for much of the year, which bugs me. It’s always one of our favorite ways to cap off a lazy evening around the resort. :cloud9:

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.” -:darth:

I hear you! We definitely plan on taking out 2 of our park days to just enjoy the resort!! I’m looking forward it!! :flower1:

I realized Disney doesn't care about their guests like they used to earlier this year with the Caribbean Beach fiasco. When you are closing every food option in a resort, you don't make that decision spur of the moment. Management decided that months in advance. Yet Disney sprung it on the public with no plans to accommodate unhappy guests who booked their vacations many months in advance. I was affected & I was basically given no option to move to another resort. Disney did eventually give discounts/ gift cards to affected guests, but there was a good week of mass confusion as guests were given inconsistent information & compensations. And I'm still not sure a discount makes up for the inconvenience of very limited food options at my resort. I'll let you know after my trip in December.

:sad2:

So I have my first ever club level stay coming up in May at the Beach Club. I had a phone call from them asking what dining I'd like and to call back and tell them and they will handle my ADRs. I had no idea they did this and I'm really excited. Now I need to figure out where I want to eat.

Hope DSS is able to get everything you want :wizard:.

We definitely plan on taking out 2 of our park days to just enjoy the resort!! I’m looking forward it!! :flower1:

Great idea! :cloud9:

I have a current reservation at YC And I haven't contacted DSS yet. I can email them. I have a few questions to get the conversation started, I have received a card in the mail to contact them. TBC :teeth:

We have a dog and am not thrilled about the new pup policy, I don't want my sleep disrupted is my fear, and that could be a nap as far as I'm concerned. I struggle with health issues and sleep is so difficult, I'm going to go Cruella on the poor CMs if a dog keeps me awake

My daughter shows AKC and I've stayed many a night at dog hotels, they are always lower priced, shouldn't Disney lower the prices on these resorts ....roflol....

Remember: if it's high demand (BOG, Ohana, Beaches & Cream, idk-any-others-because-I'm-really-a-Disneyland-person...) consider grabbing it yourself. DSS books when they open in the morning and they don't have any priority access, if you can't see it they can't get it. (Everyone else gets access to the ADR system at midnight.)

This also goes for FPs!

FWIW someone on the YC/BC thread just reported being able to switch to BC because of the dog issue. No availability showed online but the CM found them availability in their view category and got them the same price they had paid for YC. They also said CMs are receiving lots of negative feedback about the dogpocalypse*.

*hyperbole mine ;)

Remember: if it's high demand (BOG, Ohana, Beaches & Cream, idk-any-others-because-I'm-really-a-Disneyland-person...) consider grabbing it yourself. DSS books when they open in the morning and they don't have any priority access, if you can't see it they can't get it. (Everyone else gets access to the ADR system at midnight.)

This also goes for FPs!
I thought that you couldn't book ADR's until 6am eastern. Can you really have access at midnight and is that Eastern time? I would much rather stay up until midnight than get up at 5am our time.

I thought that you couldn't book ADR's until 6am eastern. Can you really have access at midnight and is that Eastern time? I would much rather stay up until midnight than get up at 5am our time.
I think it used to be midnight. I believe it is 7am now.

Hey guys! Sorry if I’m doing a repost, but I haven’t had any responses on the other board. Hoping I can get some more info...

I was wondering what offerings the Chef typically makes in the RPC lounge. I heard he makes Mickey Waffles from @GADisneyDad14, which I'm very excited about!! But what about other days? How many days is he typically in the lounge during the week? Thank you so much!

This also goes for FPs!
Oh Interesting. I had mentioned hard to get reservations and she said it's never been a problem to grab the hard to get ones.

Hi all. We've got a first ever "on-property" stay (at least with the kids) coming up in November/December. Rather than do a trip to Italy with just the wife and I for our 20th, we decided to surprise the kids with a Christmas trip to their favorite place on Earth. We're doing 5 days at BWV, and then had plans to move to the Polynesian for the last 2 nights, since I've been wanting to stay there since I first set foot in Disney in 1982. Like any good Disboarder, I check my reservations daily just to see what might open up and this weekend, after 3 months of regular checking showing the Poly was completely full, a Club Level (Garden View) room popped up. As this is probably our only chance to splurge for a while (kid #1 starts college next year), we jumped on it.

I'm not sure I can get the "value" from Club Level - we've got quite a few dining reservations set and one of the nights at Poly they aren't even doing a fireworks show at MK, but we're really looking forward to it anyway - if just so we can intentionally annoy all of our usual travelling group (with whom we are renting an off property house near Disney the following August) with tales of the King Kamehameha club.

I noticed on the first page of this thread, when discussing the Polynesian, it mentions the Club and the resort undergoing a great deal of construction - am I correct that the construction is completed, and maybe that section is just a little out of date ? Hope so.

Anyway, any tips, tricks or things to look forward to at Poly Club Level ? I'm a little worried I will try to drink my body weight in POG juice and "free" beer .... but looking forward to the challenge.

I have a current reservation at YC And I haven't contacted DSS yet. I can email them. I have a few questions to get the conversation started, I have received a card in the mail to contact them. TBC :teeth:

We have a dog and am not thrilled about the new pup policy, I don't want my sleep disrupted is my fear, and that could be a nap as far as I'm concerned. I struggle with health issues and sleep is so difficult, I'm going to go Cruella on the poor CMs if a dog keeps me awake

My daughter shows AKC and I've stayed many a night at dog hotels, they are always lower priced, shouldn't Disney lower the prices on these resorts ....roflol....

I hope you have a nice stay without any dog issues :flower3:.

FWIW someone on the YC/BC thread just reported being able to switch to BC because of the dog issue. No availability showed online but the CM found them availability in their view category and got them the same price they had paid for YC. They also said CMs are receiving lots of negative feedback about the dogpocalypse*.

*hyperbole mine ;)

Thanks for this update. It's good to see Disney making an effort to accommodate guests wanting to change resorts due to the new dog policy :).

Hey guys! Sorry if I’m doing a repost, but I haven’t had any responses on the other board. Hoping I can get some more info...

I was wondering what offerings the Chef typically makes in the RPC lounge. I heard he makes Mickey Waffles from @GADisneyDad14, which I'm very excited about!! But what about other days? How many days is he typically in the lounge during the week? Thank you so much!

I can't answer your question, but wanted to bump your post so it doesn't get buried. Hopefully others will be able to help :goodvibes.

Hi all. We've got a first ever "on-property" stay (at least with the kids) coming up in November/December. Rather than do a trip to Italy with just the wife and I for our 20th, we decided to surprise the kids with a Christmas trip to their favorite place on Earth. We're doing 5 days at BWV, and then had plans to move to the Polynesian for the last 2 nights, since I've been wanting to stay there since I first set foot in Disney in 1982. Like any good Disboarder, I check my reservations daily just to see what might open up and this weekend, after 3 months of regular checking showing the Poly was completely full, a Club Level (Garden View) room popped up. As this is probably our only chance to splurge for a while (kid #1 starts college next year), we jumped on it.

I'm not sure I can get the "value" from Club Level - we've got quite a few dining reservations set and one of the nights at Poly they aren't even doing a fireworks show at MK, but we're really looking forward to it anyway - if just so we can intentionally annoy all of our usual travelling group (with whom we are renting an off property house near Disney the following August) with tales of the King Kamehameha club.

I noticed on the first page of this thread, when discussing the Polynesian, it mentions the Club and the resort undergoing a great deal of construction - am I correct that the construction is completed, and maybe that section is just a little out of date ? Hope so.

Anyway, any tips, tricks or things to look forward to at Poly Club Level ? I'm a little worried I will try to drink my body weight in POG juice and "free" beer .... but looking forward to the challenge.

Congrats on getting the Poly! No worries about construction as that has been completed. I can't help with CL as we've never stayed CL at the Poly, but hopefully others can give some input. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter