Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I wanted poly club again but caved because my kids have beem dying to go to SAB. I've sat and read in the lounge late at night when I can't sleep. Now we can't even grab a beer or soda when we get back from MK. This is insanity to me!

If I remember correctly, you can get to all the rooms without going through the lounge. First floor, rooms are to the right past the desks and the rest you can take the elevator. I also like all day coffee from the lounge. I can't do that of it's closed. My kids better really really like sab because we're only staying there for them. I'm also going to miss fireworks from the beach and lounge.

If you have a water view room at BC, you might be able to see DHS fireworks (currently Star Wars) from there. I know it's a bit different - no music piped in - but still a fireworks view without having to leave your resort. :thumbsup2

We've stayed CL at BC a couple of times and were really underwhelmed. Compared to GF CL (main building), the BC CL is a joke. GF CL (main building) is fantastic. We are trying CR CL next to see how that compares.

I agree, RPC is amazing! We've never stayed CR CL, but it seems to get great reviews. Hope you have a nice trip and enjoy it. Would love to hear your comparison to RPC when you return :).

Hi, all! We are arriving at WDW this weekend (!) and I had a question for people who have stayed at GF sugarloaf recently. It has been a few years since I last stayed there so I am having a hard time remembering the set up. So my husband and I are big hockey fans and our team is in the playoffs! Last May when we were at poly club level we were able to watch the playoff games in the "upper deck" of the poly lounge and we really loved it. I cannot remember, however, does SL have a tv? I know they have a mini tv with cartoons for my kids, but is there also a "grown up" tv that could be used to watch playoff hockey? TIA!

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

The lounge is so small in SL - there isn't really much room. Even if there was a TV, I would expect that you would be more comfortable watching in your room. The SL lounge is really just a place to grab a quick bite rather than a place to spend any amount of time.

I agree! ;)

We are still considering an upgrade to CL for our August trip. We will be in WDW from early Friday morning (9 am) arrival to late Sunday night (our flight leaves at 8 pm). If we upgraded would we have CL access this entire time even though we wouldn't have access to our room the entire time. I'm thinking the extra hours having time access to Lounge would be the extra bonus we need to book.

As GADisneyDad posted, you have access to the lounge from the moment you check in until midnight of your check out day :).

We've only stayed poly club. I can't believe the lounges close! Poly was always open. That's one of the perks for me for when you are roomless.

Us too! Having the lounge anytime of day is one of the reasons we stay CL, so I would have a hard time staying at one that does close.

I just got back from a CL Poly stay--I would like to email disney and let them know about how fantastic a few of the Hawaii building cast members were, but can't remember their names for the life of me. I do remember a few details, like dates and times they were working, where they were from, and that the one working on the desk that was absolutely fantastic with my son had a blue name tag. Do you think will be enough information for disney to figure out who I'm talking about?

United changed ours a few years ago by like 50 minutes. I called and they were able to change our flights to a different time for free. The new flight was more expensive but they didn't charge the difference since they were the ones to change it. It might be worth calling if there is another early flight.

That was first thing I did before calling - we were on a 6:00 a.m. and now the earliest flight non stop is the flight we're on (8 a.m.) The 6:00 a.m. flights all now have one stops, which all get in later than our non-stop at 8:00 a.m. Only hope I can change my lunch ADR to slightly later. :sad:

I just got back from a CL Poly stay--I would like to email disney and let them know about how fantastic a few of the Hawaii building cast members were, but can't remember their names for the life of me. I do remember a few details, like dates and times they were working, where they were from, and that the one working on the desk that was absolutely fantastic with my son had a blue name tag. Do you think will be enough information for disney to figure out who I'm talking about?

It's worth a try! I've e-mailed Disney with similar details before when I didn't write a CM's name down because I was certain I'd remember it, only to realize once I got home that I shouldn't have been so confident of that. :laughing: I've always gotten return calls from WDW letting me know that they received my feedback and had passed along the praise to the appropriate CM's management.

Yes, you have enough information that Disney can figure out for the most part about whom you were talking. I always send notes to Guest Services and I always get a response. They need to know who does a great job...not just always the bad.

I may know a few of their names if you don't mind describing them, although there are new faces around all the time so it's kind of hard to keep track. I know who you're talking about with the blue name tag but I'm not sure of her name. I've seen her several times at the Poly CL desk but have never had the opportunity to talk to her. But yes, you probably have enough to write guest services, it never hurts!

You may also get a survey in the next few days. There is typically a place to note certain CMs there as well.

Hope you had a great trip!

Update for AKL CL:

A CM here at the lounge told me today that as of Friday, they are switching up the menus and the offerings. He said that the apps will be sent from Sanaa, Jiko, and Boma as of that day, not just Boma.

I will still be here that day, so I can update again if anyone would like me to :).
OMG!!.... So- my Mom (knows nothing about WDW, BC, hasn't researched stuff out because she just found out I was taking her) was reading the WDW website this weekend and somewhere she came across a description saying club level evening appetizers are inspired by the Resort's restaurants (or something along those lines, I can't seem to find it myself!). She was quite excited and I was like "uh, yeah! uh, I don't know that they'll really be like that, I haven't seen anyone really say that". Sounds like AKL has indeed made this switch! Hopefully all of the CLs are going to have some changes coming to the app menus! (She can't remember where she saw that in the description but swears it was on the WDW website, I looked but all I see is "evening appetizers". Hope WDW IT didn't accidently put that up somewhere and then pull it down!)

Was it really labeled as Old Bay, or was it "Chesapeake seasoning"? (It matters to Marylanders! ;) )

Yes, it was labeled as Old Bay :teeth:

When I was at AKL in March, a few CMs asked me for my ID one time each. After that, they all remembered me and didn't ask again. Hopefully your sons will only have to carry their passports up a few times!

I've never been asked to show my AP when I've stayed on an AP discount (which has maybe been 4-5 times in the past two years). I stopped at the desk the first time I stayed with an AP discount (after receiving a text enabling me to go directly to my room) and it almost felt like I was inconveniencing the CM! I think if you activate your AP shortly after you arrive, they'll be able to see it in the system and you won't have to stop by the desk unless they specifically ask you to.

We've only stayed poly club. I can't believe the lounges close! Poly was always open. That's one of the perks for me for when you are roomless. I'm guessing BC lounge closes too? Anyone know?

BC lounge closes in between services: 10:30-11:30a, 4-5p, 7-8p, and then overnite 10p-6:30a. Reopens for coffee at 6:30am.

OMG!!.... So- my Mom (knows nothing about WDW, BC, hasn't researched stuff out because she just found out I was taking her) was reading the WDW website this weekend and somewhere she came across a description saying club level evening appetizers are inspired by the Resort's restaurants (or something along those lines, I can't seem to find it myself!). She was quite excited and I was like "uh, yeah! uh, I don't know that they'll really be like that, I haven't seen anyone really say that". Sounds like AKL has indeed made this switch! Hopefully all of the CLs are going to have some changes coming to the app menus! (She can't remember where she saw that in the description but swears it was on the WDW website, I looked but all I see is "evening appetizers". Hope WDW IT didn't accidently put that up somewhere and then pull it down!)

Maybe she saw this general statement about CL lounge offerings?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-concierge/

Club Level Concierge

Enjoy personalized service and an exclusive Club Level Lounge when you stay in a Club Level room at a Deluxe Resort.

The exclusive Club Level Lounge offers a variety of complimentary daily refreshments, like:

• Continental breakfast
  • Hot samples from Resort restaurants
  • Evening wine and beer selections
  • Desserts and cordials

Last edited:
Maybe she saw this general statement about CL lounge offerings?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-concierge/

Club Level Concierge

Enjoy personalized service and an exclusive Club Level Lounge when you stay in a Club Level room at a Deluxe Resort.

The exclusive Club Level Lounge offers a variety of complimentary daily refreshments, like:

• Continental breakfast
  • Hot samples from Resort restaurants
  • Evening wine and beer selections
  • Desserts and cordials

Learn more about Disney Deluxe Resort hotels.
You are a Disney Research Genius! :worship:

Do you know if YC lounge closes? Or if it has a restroom? This is where we would be staying!

It's been a while since we stayed at the YC CL, but I believe that there was a bathroom just outside at the beginning of the hallway. Yes, the YC lounge does close between service and overnight.

This is correct. The bathroom is in the hall outside of the lounge so you would still be able to use it if the lounge is closed.

We have usually been able to request individual bottles of water from Contemporary CL to take with us to the parks. Does anyone know if these are still available? Thanks!

We have usually been able to request individual bottles of water from Contemporary CL to take with us to the parks. Does anyone know if these are still available? Thanks!

They were in march. Every CL we have stayed in has had water bottles (the small Dasani ones). But the only CL that had them in the fridge was WL (and that was only during lunch snack time).

Edit to add - we often asked for 4 at a time to take to the parks. Never a questioning look. They also put one big bottle a day in your room.

Last edited:
I leave for my cruise tomorrow and check into the tower club at the Contemporary on Saturday. Is there anything specific anyone wants me to try to remember to get pictures of?
I was offline and totally missed your post @IceSkatingPrincess. If you took pics of the breakfast I would love to see them. And if you were in one of the King rooms would love to pics of the room.

They were in march. Every CL we have stayed in has had water bottles (the small Dasani ones). But the only CL that had them in the fridge was WL (and that was only during lunch snack time).

Edit to add - we often asked for 4 at a time to take to the parks. Never a questioning look. They also put one big bottle a day in your room.

I stayed at WL 2 weeks ago and it was rare that I didn't see the water bottles in the fridge (all times of day). Sometimes they were behind the beer though!

We were at AKL last summer, asked for water bottles and were directed to fill cups from the water dispenser. The only consistency at WDW is the inconsistency. I expect someone will come along right behind me and post that when they were at AKL, they had CMs pushing water bottles into their hands every time they were in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter