Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

You won't find many folks that say don't book CL on this thread. :-)

I'll certainly admit that, among other things, one of the reasons we book CL is the "spoil ourselves" factor. We enjoy the small luxuries and conveniences that CL provides while on vacation.

I'd totally do a CL trip solo, sounds like fun to me!

I guess the only exception would be if you're just a total park commando who will be in the parks from open to close and eat every meal out... then the extra CL money might not make that much sense from a practical perspective. But if you tour at a more leisurely pace and will be around to enjoy at least some of the food services, then sounds totally legit to me.

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Even with my kids we are not in the parks all day. I for one can't handle that much walking and since I'll be by myself I won't have a wheelchair so I will be in the resort more. I was just curious if they had other services besides the helping with dining and fastpasses...

Thanks. I was not sure how the whole club level worked... the snacks and drinks might be a help so I wouldn't have to walk that far to get something from the QS location.

That would absolutely be a benefit for you. As long as you like the offerings, you can have breakfast, snacks & appetizers in the lounge instead of having to go get food. Beverages like sodas, iced tea & lemonade are available throughout the day. Wine, beer & cordials are out later in the day & by asking any other time.

That would absolutely be a benefit for you. As long as you like the offerings, you can have breakfast, snacks & appetizers in the lounge instead of having to go get food. Beverages like sodas, iced tea & lemonade are available throughout the day. Wine, beer & cordials are out later in the day & by asking any other time.

I'm looking at Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, or Yacht Club. Does anyone know how far the rooms are from the lounge?

I had the oddest experience calling DSS today. The CM was SO nervous! Poor fellow, all I wanted to do was put my credit card of file for dining reservations (I'm 250 days out now) and he was trying to "chat" with me about my upcoming trip but he just kept getting tongue tied. He told me to contact them again about 200 days out again with dining requests and that they can help reserve F&W festival seminars and events and the schedule usually comes out in Spring... Yeah, I don't think that's all quite right. I sincerely hope DSS can help with F&W seminars and events but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig on that, I'm still gonna call the day Disney Visa can book when that phone line opens so obscenely early PST! Don't F&W seminars and such come out in July before F&W kicks off? Spring seems way too early but my memory is fuzzy, I only did F&W once and it was a couple years ago.

All in all a pleasant if odd experience. I'm gonna stick with email for my future communications (nothing against the CM- it's just kinda hard to keep the trip a secret from the fam if I'm caught on the phone making ADRs!). Maybe my CM is new (therefore the nerves) and DSS is bringing on more personnel? He mentioned the 200 day mark so maybe that is when DSS aims to contact guests who haven't already contacted them (like what happened to @ErinsMommy ). I hope they start doing that more consistently than IPO did.

DSS is a new service, so most likely that CM was nervous....my first call was similar, but she seemed more interested in selling me add ons. Thanks for the post.

The YC has some rooms that are very close to the lounge, but all 3 can have rooms that are quite a hike. If you decide to book, I would suggest making a request for a room close to the lounge. You can also then repeat the request to the new Special Services Department. You may even indicate it is for medical reasons if you are comfortable with that. Also, YC club level was just remodeled & has some rooms with only showers, no tubs. Don't know if a shower only would work better for you, or if you prefer a tub. Just something else to be aware of & maybe request whichever one you prefer.

I'm looking at Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, or Yacht Club. Does anyone know how far the rooms are from the lounge?
Our SV room at the YC was only 2 doors down from the Regatta Club, so close I had no qualms about DS (then 9 years old), popping down by himself (with VERY strict instructions about proper lounge behavior!!!). I'm not going to lie, it was probably a bit noisier than the rooms further away would have been, but the only times I really noticed were early in the mornings when the CMs were prepping for the day, and that was just occasional voices and rattles, nothing awful. It was sooooo convenient!

This might be a silly post or question or however you want to see it... I have booked a solo trip at the end of April and some of my friends suggested that I "spoil" myself and change my reservation to a club level room. I'm kinda feeling guilty about spending the extra money but then again since I'm disabled (cerebral palsy) and have anxiety I'm thinking that having the club level service might be a benefit... Little background on me, I grew up in Central Florida and been to Disney a lot and was a Cast Memeber. I have taken my boys to Disney and we are APs so I know my way around the parks. I just do not know if being club level would be any different...
It is a very nice benefit. Having breakfast (and coffee machine), snacks, and drinks available for most of the day is really convenient and relaxing.

Is anyone else past their 180 day mark and not heard a peep from DSS? I know some of y'all contacted them first, so I'm curious what their contact rate has been so far for those of us who haven't initiated a dialogue with them.

Is anyone else past their 180 day mark and not heard a peep from DSS? I know some of y'all contacted them first, so I'm curious what their contact rate has been so far for those of us who haven't initiated a dialogue with them.

We are 42 days out and haven't heard a peep!

I didn't initiate contact and got a call from them at exactly 60 days out.

I'm 45 days out from one and 47 days out from the other and have not been contacted by DSS.

Tinkerbell773753, I agree with focusondisney. You have a better chance of getting a room near the lounge at the YC, and all CL rooms are on the 5th floor. While the BWI has some rooms near the lounge, I wouldn't recommend it for a solo trip because some of the rooms can be very far from the lounge. The halls are long and can be confusing and some are even outside the CL area. I'm not familiar with the BC setup so can't give an opinion there. Go for it you deserve some pampering. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter