Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks!!

I didn’t even consider the indoor/outdoor part! (Which is very silly because we got drenched once on each of our last two trips!)

I like the outdoor walkways when it is nice, but yesterday I got drenched walking just a short distance in the pouring rain, so that experience is fresh in my mind.

It is funny because we don't tend to take the boats when we stay in the BC/BWK area, but we like the WL boats. In addition to the MK boats, you can also take a different one to go between Ft WL, CR and WL. There's also a shuttle bus connecting WL and Ft WL. Getting to Hoop de Doo and dining at CR and back is pretty easy.

One thing Poly has over WL, is a better view of the fireworks. The Poly lounge has a large picture window. You might see the MK fireworks from WL, if your room faces the right way, or you go outside.

At WL, we've always had some view of the water parade. At Poly, it depends if you have water/theme park view or Stnadrd view to see water parade from your room. At both hotels, we could hear it every night. (since you mention noise)

8 weeks today until we check in GF SL CL. for 2 nights, then 14 at AKL CL. Can't wait, it's been 17 months since my last WDW trip. :-)

You will be checking in before you know it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks for answering my q’s and concerns! I’ll go ahead and share with the rest of my fam and we’ll make the call. WL sounds nice!

Good luck with your decision, but I don't think you can go wrong either way :).

So Torn.

Trying to Book my Daughter's 18th Bday Trip. We stayed at Poly (not Club level) for her 16th and she loved it. She really wants GF. GF is totally out of our budget as of now. We are going for Flower and Garden Next March..

Torn Between
1. Poly Club Level (Favorite Resort)
2. YC Club Level (Close to Epcot)
3. CSR Tower Club Level (Price is Amazing)

price difference

Poly Vs YC $450 more
YC VS CSR $1,840 more

What would you do?

So Torn.

Trying to Book my Daughter's 18th Bday Trip. We stayed at Poly (not Club level) for her 16th and she loved it. She really wants GF. GF is totally out of our budget as of now. We are going for Flower and Garden Next March..

Torn Between

price difference

Poly Vs YC $450 more
YC VS CSR $1,840 more

What would you do?
The Grand Floridian and Yacht Club tend to get the best discounts while Poly and CR will get much smaller ones. There are usually discounts released for March. The discount that would be released for Grand Floridian could make it affordable when compared to Poly CL. Book something now and then you can always apply a discount if it becomes available. :)

The Grand Floridian and Yacht Club tend to get the best discounts while Poly and CR will get much smaller ones. There are usually discounts released for March. The discount that would be released for Grand Floridian could make it affordable when compared to Poly CL. Book something now and then you can always apply a discount if it becomes available. :)

This is Exactly what I was hoping! I'm leaning YC since it's in the middle price wise and so close to Epcot.

So Torn.

Torn Between

price difference

Poly Vs YC $450 more
YC VS CSR $1,840 more

What would you do?
For that price difference, I would pick CSR without any hesitation.
I love club too. But I'm only willing to pay a maximum of $120 (or maybe $150) to upgrade to club in the same room category. I actually just switched my CSR reservation for this October from 2QB club to 2QB standard to save $200/night (AP rate only applies to non-club 2QB rooms at this time). I've never stayed at CSR, so this will be a brand new resort for exploration.
NOTE: GF usually has better discount than Poly, maybe you will stay there after all.

For that price difference, I would pick CSR without any hesitation.
I love club too. But I'm only willing to pay a maximum of $120 (or maybe $150) to upgrade to club in the same room category. I actually just switched my CSR reservation for this October from 2QB club to 2QB standard to save $200/night (AP rate only applies to non-club 2QB rooms at this time). I've never stayed at CSR, so this will be a brand new resort for exploration.
NOTE: GF usually has better discount than Poly, maybe you will stay there after all.

I have stayed at CSR a few years ago I was not really happy with the Bus system at that time but it was Fall so maybe it would be different in March it was frequently either late or full. I guess I would be more apt to do the Club level there if I see more reviews in the upcoming weeks.

We were sprinkled (more like drenched) with some pixie dust today when we checked into the Yacht Club and were upgraded to Club level!! We’ve never stayed club level before can anyone tell me anything about the Yacht Club club level??
We’re so excited!!

Drenched is right, but beware that they've got you now! We got a similar upgrade at BWI several years ago and were spoiled such that now we "need" CL. I'll be at the YC CL in 2 weeks. Just enjoy it a lot. The food is excellent and we have been able to make meals of the evening selections in the past. My DH preferred the lounge food to our restaurant selections. The staff is very nice and helpful. Make sure to have an evening glass of wine or cordial. As I said, just enjoy it!

Hope something opens up with a discount for you. I've had good luck at the YC opening up a couple of weeks out. A YC room opened up for early December with AP discount so I grabbed it. Nothing was available when I looked early but later in the morning something opened up. This means we won't be going for Super Bowl next year though unless we have to cancel for some reason. I really don't like going January and February because of the stress of the possibility of snow and being delayed getting there...I don't care if I can't get home though:rotfl2:
I actually checked YC and there wasn’t anything there either, but I did manage to book part of our stay with a discount (guest services is probably not too happy with me about the mess of reservations they had to clean up :rotfl: )! We’re doing a BWI/GF split with one CL and one GV booked at each since I just need somewhere for college DD to sleep at night since she likes to stay up too late! Sadly, I’ve only managed to get a discount on one night in RPC (still hoping for the other). There’s no discount for any CL rooms at BWI for our dates! CL has become extremely popular...perhaps because of the extra FPs? We booked them for this trip too because it makes things so much easier! With the price tag for our October trip being much higher than expected, I’m not sure about super bowl weekend either! I wish I could go in December, but DD15’s exam schedule gets in the way!!

IMO, the when matters a little bit. Since you say F&W, that suggests Aug 29-Nov 23.
The early end of that date range is summer= warm, hurricane season
The tail end of those dates = late fall, cool weather

I'd probably keep GF myself, but BWI would put you closer to new SW in HS.

All are lovely, but none of us really has the ability to know what which be your favorite, with all due respect. We can really only say what we'd do.

What I can do is give you a little info to help you decide what is important to you. It might help if you said more about why you like YC so much.

Both GF and BWK have the kind of light colored décor of YC (as opposed to the brownness of Poly, WL, and AKL). GF rooms are big. GF main building is easy access to monorail. GF outer building CL is located in a building that is next to the main one.

BWK is a very large hotel. Walking form one end to the other is a pretty long walk. It is a short walk to both Epcot and HS. BWK has the fun and noise of the Boardwalk area. BWK shares same lagoon as YC.
BWK pool has large clown slide, and is rather deep. It has a kid pool, but not a spectacular one. BWK quiet pool is quiet, and pretty, but not exciting. BWK has neat art gallery. BWK is short walk to all BC/YC/Swan/Dolphin and WS dining.

IMO, GF has a better pool area. GF is on the monorail loop, so easy access to all monorail loop dining. In rain and cool weather this is especially nice, because you won't have to get wet, or be out in the elements (except covered monorail platform), though monorail isn't 100% reliable.

GF is quit a bit further to the WS and thus the F&W. If you are primarily visiting WDW to go to the F&W, then the Bwk would be quite a bit closer.

In wet/cold weather, I'd prefer GF. In middle of fall weather, walking to Epcot should be a relatively nice, but walkway is not covered. In very cool weather, I like the way the AKL and WL pools are sheltered from the wind. BWK's main pool has some of that kind of protection on iffy cool swim days. GF pool is a little more exposed to the breezes. I don't think that makes much difference in hot weather.

Oh, GF gets slightly upgraded toiletries - or did on my last visit.
I can't compare food,, because my last BWK stay was some time ago, but GF food is excellent.

Thanks for your thorough advice. :-) I love the atmosphere at the Yacht Club (the decor is right up my alley) and the amazing pool area, as well as the easy walk to Epcot. And there's likely a fair bit of nostalgia involved, since it was where we stayed on some of our best WDW trips. It's hard to explain, but YC just feels homey to me.

We stayed at the GF in 2014 and were disappointed. I'm not particularly fond of the red and gold color scheme and didn't love the feel of having the rooms in outer buildings. Plus we were on the ground floor and one day I had to kill a snake trying to get into the room from the patio. Which could, of course, happen anywhere (and it was a very small snake), but it is nevertheless the thing I remember most about the GF. I do recall liking the pools. And when we stayed, it wasn't CL, so maybe that will make a difference?

Our trip isn't really because of F&W. It just happened that my kids' schools have teacher workdays scheduled on a Thursday and Friday, which means we could squeeze in a five-night at a lower-crowd time and only miss one day of school. We plan to hit all of the parks except maybe AK, and (gulp) try for that 6am opening at DHS.

At this exact moment, the question of which resort is better is academic, because by the time I called back yesterday the Boardwalk CL room with an AP discount was gone. I'm going to keep calling back, but for now I'm going to be happy with the GF because, let's face it, I get to be at WDW after a long four-year break. That's going to be awesome no matter where we stay, and the GF isn't exactly a dive.

We were sprinkled (more like drenched) with some pixie dust today when we checked into the Yacht Club and were upgraded to Club level!! We’ve never stayed club level before can anyone tell me anything about the Yacht Club club level??
We’re so excited!!

We got upgraded in May at the YC, our first CL stay, but not our last! We found breakfast to be more than enough to fill us up. They do serve mimosa's, if the cart isn't out, just ask for one! Lunch was just light snacks and since we didn't know we were staying CL, I had plans almost every evening, so didn't really get a good look at dinner except for the first night. We also stopped by for drinks and dessert at the evening service. Really nice wine selection. They have drinks in the mini fridge, just stop by whenever you need one. I was told even if the ropes were up, feel free to slip in and grab a drink or ice cream from the freezer. Staff was friendly and super helpful. I loved our stay and would definitely do it again. It's going to be hard to go back to a regular room now! I'm giving AKL a try with our trip next week, but much as I loved YC, I don't know that it can top it.

So Torn.

Torn Between

price difference

Poly Vs YC $450 more
YC VS CSR $1,840 more

What would you do?

Poly is my favorite resort and while I found CL there to be amazing, I had my first YC CL stay this past June and I loved it as well. CSR doesn't appeal to me, so I'd book either Poly CL or YC CL and maybe watch for a discount for GF :).

We’re so excited!!

Congrats on the upgrade! I'm no expert in YC CL as I just had my first stay this past June, but it was great. The lounge is a great place to relax and unwind. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Just enjoy it a lot. The food is excellent and we have been able to make meals of the evening selections in the past. My DH preferred the lounge food to our restaurant selections. The staff is very nice and helpful. Make sure to have an evening glass of wine or cordial. As I said, just enjoy it!

I agree :).

As far as I know the lounge is always open, I think it’s staffed from I think 6 or 7 am to 10 pm. I’ve been in there pretty early before any one was in yet. And we have been there at night after the staff is done and we have never been asked to leave nor do I remember ever seeing the door closed.

The Poly lounge is accessible 24/7. There is also seating on the 3rd floor overlooking the lounge :).

Thank you for confirming! That's what I thought but then couldn't find it! That makes it more of a non-issue if that's always available. I asked my husband if he thought we should make some kind of floor request, which led to an unexpectedly lengthy discussion of the pros and cons of each floor level, lol. :rotfl: We've only had the 3rd floor at the Poly but we've never stayed CL so we haven't had access to the lounge. In any case, there are advantages to all three so we'll probably just leave it up to the tiki gods...

Thank you for confirming! That's what I thought but then couldn't find it! That makes it more of a non-issue if that's always available. I asked my husband if he thought we should make some kind of floor request, which led to an unexpectedly lengthy discussion of the pros and cons of each floor level, lol. :rotfl: We've only had the 3rd floor at the Poly but we've never stayed CL so we haven't had access to the lounge. In any case, there are advantages to all three so we'll probably just leave it up to the tiki gods...

You're welcome! Hope you have a great time and enjoy CL :wizard:.

I managed to snag the AP discount for my September CL split stay! Doing 4 nights at Coronado - Gran Destino Tower in a Standard Room with Club Access and then 5 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savanna View Club Level Access room. We've done AKL CL once before. It will be interesting to compare the experiences. I'll report back with reviews of both afterwards.

ITA with this advice. The last few years when we've checked for our dates the Poly discounts have been small, but the GF and the EP resorts have had much more generous discounts.

How long will your trip be? You mentioned that you're going during the F&G Festival -- that is my family's favorite of all the Fests! What we try to do when we take trips during Fests is a split stay between a MK resort and an EP one -- that way, during the EP part of our stay, we can pop over to EP quickly and easily and grab snacks/drinks from the booths...there are so many wonderful offerings during the Fests that we find it hard to fit them all in! One other bonus of this kind of a split stay is that the EP resorts are typically priced less than the MK ones, so you save some money but have the benefit of being able to walk to 2 parks while you're at your EP resort. We always plan our days so we're visiting MK/AK during the MK part of our stay, and EP/HS during the EP stay.

HTH! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter