Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

:cool1:Woo Hoo! Just got my phone call from the Old Faithful Club concierge! :thanks: She was very nice and explained all I asked about well. She told me the Minnie Vans do pick up at the Porte Cochere and not the bus stop I had read about earlier....need for early tour time.princess: Re-requested my preferences and all is well. Its sort of a bummer that this club level is 1/2 its former capacity due to DVC gutting opposite wing a couple years ago.....which makes discounts and availability harder to obtain. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...:cloud9:.and as for the chocolate debate, I will second the motion that white chocolate is NOT chocolate....and this fairy only does dark chocolate.... :mickeybar :tink:
Ooooh for a week of no cooking, cleaning, laundry... SNOW.....winter coats, boots, etc.....now hoping the Shutdown is SHUT DOWN. :smooth: And TSA is back on track :rolleyes1

Is this not normal to get? It looks awesome
No, not every CL guest gets a solid white chocolate Mickey.
Now, it is the norm, in our experience, to get a welcome gift
WL gave out chocolates in the shape of totem poles with the Mickey and friends on them
BWI gives out bars of chocolate with molded with the logo and gold dusted
CR gave out individual chocolates as shown in the above pick, along with a white chocolate monorail and chocolate covered cherries
GF, BC and Poly are the only places we got nothing

No, not every CL guest gets a solid white chocolate Mickey.
Now, it is the norm, in our experience, to get a welcome gift
WL gave out chocolates in the shape of totem poles with the Mickey and friends on them
BWI gives out bars of chocolate with molded with the logo and gold dusted
CR gave out individual chocolates as shown in the above pick, along with a white chocolate monorail and chocolate covered cherries
GF, BC and Poly are the only places we got nothing
Wow even to have the chance at something like this is pretty cool. Hopefully we get something at yc but I won’t get my hopes up just in case

:cool1:Woo Hoo! Just got my phone call from the Old Faithful Club concierge! :thanks: She was very nice and explained all I asked about well. She told me the Minnie Vans do pick up at the Porte Cochere and not the bus stop I had read about earlier....need for early tour time.princess: Re-requested my preferences and all is well. Its sort of a bummer that this club level is 1/2 its former capacity due to DVC gutting opposite wing a couple years ago.....which makes discounts and availability harder to obtain. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...:cloud9:.and as for the chocolate debate, I will second the motion that white chocolate is NOT chocolate....and this fairy only does dark chocolate.... :mickeybar :tink:
Ooooh for a week of no cooking, cleaning, laundry... SNOW.....winter coats, boots, etc.....now hoping the Shutdown is SHUT DOWN. :smooth: And TSA is back on track :rolleyes1
I think maybe you got confused. The PARK pickups/drop offs are at the bus stops.
Resorts are always at the lobby (porte cochere) never the resort bus stop

Wow even to have the chance at something like this is pretty cool. Hopefully we get something at yc but I won’t get my hopes up just in case
YC is the only CL we haven't done yet. Booked for June at the moment (though I think we'll move back to BWI)

You will get turn down chocolates each night ;)

Each trip to WL we received a different chocolate ensemble....sometimes it was a chocolate canoe, sometimes a totem pole on top of little chocolate confetti balls....and used to get the WL chocolates on pillow at turn down.....:smooth: Not sure which year this was from but this is smaller than what I got....

We didn't get a call when we stayed there in 2017. I put it down to being from the UK.

have a great time - we love AKL, back in September for two weeks of CL.. :-)

Thank you! We are so excited! Hope you have a great trip in September too! :)

No I am talking about a call directly from the CL Concierge at resort you are staying at, NOT DSS......Disney used to publish the direct phone numbers for the Club Level Concierge....then they directed all that traffic to DSS, but once you got there you would get a phone number for the WL concierge you could text or email or call and get actual CM on that floor. Like I used to be able to call and chat anytime and talk to the CL manager but no longer. A few years ago I was contacted both by email and phone, and when it was email it was like a Welcome if you have any questions or need any assistance don't hesitate to call, and would provide actual name of CM to contact.....a week prior to visit. Still no email or call as of yet today....wings crossed!:tinker:

Sounds like you got your call, but just wanted to chime in on your question in that I've been reading this thread for several years now and WL CL is the only CL where I've seen recent regular/routine reports of guests being contacted directly from WL CL CMs (not DSS) in the days leading up to arrival. This seemed to start in the last year(ish) or so. I haven't stayed WL CL since 11/16 and they weren't doing it back then, but several posts over the last year suggest the practice is pretty consistent (although I'm sure there are exceptions).

I have read isolated reports of similar outreach from GF and BC, but nothing that seems to match the consistency of WL CL.

It doesn't surprise me that DSS would have no idea about any outreach from WL CL CMs. Not that it's an excuse, but that's sort of a classic 'left hand / right hand' Disney situation. One of the downsides of the centralized DSS vs individual CL IPOs from back in the day is a loss of a more intimate connection with the actual resorts.

Like with anything Disney, that practice could go away as quickly as it came... so who knows! :-)

Hope you enjoy WL CL.

I got a call from the YC in November. The caller ID said Ale and Compass, so I know it came from the YC.

I agree white chocolate is not chocolate. At one time the GF gave a white chocolate Mickey with chocolate covered strawberries, then they changed to a chocolate post card, then a small box of chocolates, and finally...nothing for the past couple of years. Not even a welcome card. :sad2:

YC is the only CL we haven't done yet. Booked for June at the moment (though I think we'll move back to BWI)

You will get turn down chocolates each night ;)

In my experience this past year (1 one night trip, 2 multi-night trips) we didn't get any pixie dust surprises and/or welcome gifts at YC CL. I'm sure it happens for some folks, just not for us - so I'd keep your expectations low. Far more people report the special encounters and not the thousands of 'basic' CL arrival/check-in/welcome experiences that happen every day. I have to occasionally remind myself that - sometimes it's just checking into a room / a resort stay with no big fanfare or recognition, and that's OK.

And YC turn-down CMs seem to be kind of stingy with the chocolates, no matter how much you tip! Only two for you! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Of course, YMMV.

Last edited:
I got a call from the YC in November. The caller ID said Ale and Compass, so I know it came from the YC.

I agree white chocolate is not chocolate. At one time the GF gave a white chocolate Mickey with chocolate covered strawberries, then they changed to a chocolate post card, then a small box of chocolates, and finally...nothing for the past couple of years. Not even a welcome card. :sad2:

That’s disappointing. It’s a shame they’ve cut back so much. It may be something little ... but sometimes it’s the little things that can make a guest happy.

In my experience this past year (1 one night trip, 2 multi-night trips) we didn't get any pixie dust surprises and/or welcome gifts at YC CL. I'm sure it happens for some folks, just not for us - so I'd keep your expectations low.

And YC turndown CMs seem to be kind of stingy with the chocolates, no matter how much you tip! Only two for you! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Of course, YMMV.

:laughing: Stingy mousekeepers make me sad. I need my chocolate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter