Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying CBR for the very first time. Which room/area should I request for quiet yet closer to the bus? I figure close to the bus stop will be good idea after a long day of walking around parks. Yes?

CBR is by far the quietest WDW resort we have stayed at.

Every village has its own bus stop and leisure pool so you'll never be far from one.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations. Both are 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main feature pool.

We are staying CBR for the very first time. Which room/area should I request for quiet yet closer to the bus? I figure close to the bus stop will be good idea after a long day of walking around parks. Yes?
Each village has its own bus stop, so just request a room close to a bus stop if that is what is most important to you. (And yes, a short trip back to the room at the end of the day is WONDERFUL!)

Finally, Disney has actually announced the closing/refurbs of the quiet pools. Here is the word given to travel agents:

Jamaica: 4/19/16 to Summer, 2016

Trinidad South: 5/2/16 to 6/15/16

Martinique: 5/31/16 to 7/1/16
I wonder if they will be notifying guests ahead of time. Looks like Jamaica closed THE DAY we checked in. Go figure!!! And no word on Barbados yet?

Very excited that we just booked our 5th stay at CBR! :banana: We will be arriving August 30th (got the free dining with the Disney Visa offer).

What exactly are they doing to the quiet pools?

Very excited that we just booked our 5th stay at CBR! :banana: We will be arriving August 30th (got the free dining with the Disney Visa offer).

What exactly are they doing to the quiet pools?

From a poster who just returned they are removing the deeper areas and closing the gaps currently in the walls around the pools.

Thanks.

SMH...I think eventually all the pools at WDW will only be 2 feet deep and will only be open from noon - 3pm.

Not sure about the depth part, but due to changes in local zoning they have to enclose all the pools property wide.

I believe I asked this before, but I'm not sure if anyone responded. We are staying at CBR one night and then checking out early the next morning and moving over to the YC for the remainder of our trip. I would like to know the quickest way to check-out early in the morning so that we can check-in at YC. Is there someone at Old Port Royale that can do this? I spoke with a CM today on the phone and they suggested doing the online check-in and when filling that our, there is an option to do on-line check-out. Is that correct? I've never heard of an on-line check-out. One of my concerns is that there is a reservation folio slid under our door at CBR after we check-out. I don't want our information getting into the wrong hands.

If you have a CC on file you will not need to physically check out. The automatically apply any charges to the room overnight and then they 'assume' you will vacate the room by 11:00. I rarely if ever go to the desk when I leave. They also will not send a hard copy folio if you have an email on file, it's electronic. At least that's been my experience at the last 4 or 5 resorts. I have not stayed here yet.

We will be there 12/12-17! We're not planning on swimming but you never know with FL weather!
We swam in January a few years ago...weather was 79deg sunny..pool was nice and warm but it was the getting out part! brrrr if you plan on swimming make sure you have a big towel to wrap in when you get out!! There was a bunch of teenage girls got in with us ( we were at POP ) and when they got out one asked me where the towels where..I told her you have to bring them with you..they about died!! they were freezing and they had walked from the back end of the resort with nothing but bikinis on...all you seen were 10 screaming teenagers running back to their rooms freezing..lol ( my 14yr old son loved it!!! ahem )

26 days and its dragging in.....ugh. We have a week in Florida Keys before our week in Disney so that will be nice and relaxing before the madness..lol

We leave in 27 days, arrive in 28, and it is dragging for me too! I work as a school secretary, so the next three weeks should go by fast at work, at least. Our last day of school is May 27, the I will work 3 days is silence to close out the school year before we leave. Nothing like those first few quiet days that the kids are gone!

So we were looking at pictures of the resort and getting excited! It is a beautiful resort! We couldn't spring for the water view room and were pretty excited about some of the courtyard views. Then my sister (also going at the same time, looked and saw that those courtyards are all smoking areas on the maps. :( Is this true? So close to the rooms?

So we were looking at pictures of the resort and getting excited! It is a beautiful resort! We couldn't spring for the water view room and were pretty excited about some of the courtyard views. Then my sister (also going at the same time, looked and saw that those courtyards are all smoking areas on the maps. :( Is this true? So close to the rooms?

Yes, unfortunately, all of the courtyards appear to be smoking. This is a great map showing the smoking area's (also available in the main post of this thread). There sure seems to be alot of smoking area's but I guess it's because it is such a big resort.
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

Page 1 of this thread she says: "The majority, if not all, of the courtyards are designated smoking areas. Not all rooms with a courtyard view will be effected by the DSA; however, if you or someone in your party is allergic to smoke, you may ask that you not be placed in a room facing a courtyard."

So you may want to reconsider the courtyard rooms if you have an issue with smoking. I'm just crossing my fingers that if there are smokers it won't be a major puff down area 24-7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter