Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hello :)
We are staying here next August for 3 weeks :yay: and have booked a standard room.Am I right in saying that even if i request 'close to OPR/Main Pool(because of daughters mobility issues),we will 'not' be placed in Trinidad North or Martinque 24 25 26 unless I specifically book and pay for a preferred room?.Or do people get lucky and get placed in those parts even if they haven't paid?.Thank you.x. :flower3:

All right, you guys got me excited! Now this is sounding like a fantastic trip and something to really look forward to! I love being outdoors so exploring the island will be great, and I have a one-year-old so the little pool area for her is something that is important to me. Being able to see the fireworks from the resort is a huge bonus! Now I just hope I can hear those steel drums ... But not a dealbreaker if I don't.

The pool at CBR is zero entry (the bottom of the entrance is a gentle slope. no stairs!). I loved these types of pools when my kids were still teeny tiny :) We would sit at the edge and they could splash and crawl around. Here's a pic from touring plans.

IMG_8991-001.jpg

We are staying here next August for 3 weeks :yay: and have booked a standard room.Am I right in saying that even if i request 'close to OPR/Main Pool(because of daughters mobility issues),we will 'not' be placed in Trinidad North or Martinque 24 25 26 unless I specifically book and pay for a preferred room?.Or do people get lucky and get placed in those parts even if they haven't paid?.Thank you.x. :flower3:

You will only get a preferred room if you have paid for a preferred room. You can put in a request for a certain building, but they are only requests and may not he honored. We were lucky and got Martinique, it was the building right next to the preferred building. If your dd has mobility issues, it may be worth it to pay for preferred, but I suppose you could always switch rooms if your initial room does not work for you, I find they really try to work with you if you do not like your room location.

Last year we requested Jamaica and got Jamaica. We were so happy since Jamaica is just a quick walk and over the bridge to OPR. After we finished with check in, the lady told us the bridge was out. We would have to either take a shuttle which we did not want to do, or walk up a hill around a bridge, down a hill and then walk the entire length of the lake. We tried the walk once and said "no way" it was just too much for us. They switched us to Martinique, but we had to wait until the next day, which was not a problem, but they were good at working with us and showing us all the rooms that would be available over the next couple of days.

Does anyone know about how much it would cost for a taxi mini-van to take our luggage and us from CBR to YC? What about Uber XL cost? Thanks.

Taxi ~ $15 without tip

Uber - Haven't tried it yet.

Now the taxi fare is based on 3 of us. Not sure how many are in your party.

Okay. Thanks dansdad. There would be 4 of us and our luggage. My daughter already has the Uber app on her phone so maybe we will try that. We will have to remember to request Uber XL since we want to take our luggage (if we end up using Uber).

I am staying here on 10/30 to 11/7. I have a standard room and will have a rental car. I would like a nice quite area maybe away from everything and don't mind having to walk to a pool or using the car if needed. any suggestions on a location to request for that

While there is no guarantee that you will be upgraded, it has been known to happen. As a matter of fact, we have been upgraded three times without requesting closing to OPR. Having said that, you will not be guaranteed a preferred room unless that is the category that you actually book. However, you can call and have the cast member make a notation on you reservation that your daughter has mobility issues and you would like to be as close to OPR as possible.

**Edited to add: I'm so jealous that you'll be there for three whole weeks! We stay for two and I could stay for several more.

Last edited:
I am staying here on 10/30 to 11/7. I have a standard room and will have a rental car. I would like a nice quite area maybe away from everything and don't mind having to walk to a pool or using the car if needed. any suggestions on a location to request for that

We really like the village of Jamaica and were in Jamaica Bldg. 41 last trip. It was, literally, the last/furthest building in that village and it was nice and quiet. We loved that location. The walk to the main pool/OPR was not a hard one at all.

We really like the village of Jamaica and were in Jamaica Bldg. 41 last trip. It was, literally, the last/furthest building in that village and it was nice and quiet. We loved that location. The walk to the main pool/OPR was not a hard one at all.
are you split staying after all? where did you book?

are you split staying after all? where did you book?

Yep, we did end up doing a split stay. We are staying at Pop Century for 6 nights and then move over to CBR for 8 nights. I'm nervous as heck because we've never stayed in a value but I'm sure that we'll be fine.

Yep, we did end up doing a split stay. We are staying at Pop Century for 6 nights and then move over to CBR for 8 nights. I'm nervous as heck because we've never stayed in a value but I'm sure that we'll be fine.
you will love POP! thats our go to when we cant afford CBR, same thing with pretty gardens, bunnies, ducks, lovely to walk round..and Tye Dye cheesecake! what more could you ask for..lol its maybe not as laid back as CBR but you will have that to look forward to! We do split stays with Pop too as long as you have CBR at the end of your vacation your fine. :) You will be at CBR when we are, I will watch for you to say hi just to confuse John with my British accent..hehe

I just left CBR today and had a great stay! This was my second time to stay here. I had room 2532 in Martinique and I did smell the mustiness every time I first entered the room, but then it was fine. I don't have any major allergies though. Building 25 is a preferred room and was both close to a bus stop/parking area and the food court, etc. I had a rental car, but also used the buses one day to Epcot then took monorail to MK and the bus home. It was very smooth.

This was a more leisurely trip for me than most, it was only four nights to burn off some final days on my AP and to truly relax. I was majorly lazy and slept really late every day except check out and did most of my touring late afternoon and closing the parks. I have to say that the beds at CBR are the most comfy beds! I may have to look at getting one for home!

Overall I really enjoyed CBR and will probably make it my new homes base for Disney. I have also stayed at both POR resorts and lots of times at Pop and like them too, but CBR really clicked for me this time.

Someone was asking how it compared to POR, and I think it has similar pathways and thick vegetation as the AB section of POR. Each building is large and sprawled out with only two stories, but no elevators. I had a first floor corner room.

Now it's time to decide whether my next trip will be for Hallowen again or see what they offer for Christmas.

Guys, any recommendations on what room too pick/request from the preferred locations?

1. In Martinique (preferred) 26, 25, 24
2. In Trinidad North (preferred) 31, 32, 33

Guys, any recommendations on what room too pick/request from the preferred locations?

1. In Martinique (preferred) 26, 25, 24
2. In Trinidad North (preferred) 31, 32, 33

There really is no bad location at CBR and especially when booked in a preferred room. Maybe think about if you'd prefer 1st or 2nd floor, a corner room, etc.

Building 33 is extremely close to the Trinidad North bus stop.
Building 31 is the closest to OPR and the Main Feature pool of the Trinidad North buildings.
Building 26 is equidistant to the Martinique and OPR bus stops so you have 2 to chose from.
Building 25 is the closest to OPR and the main feature pool of all the buildings listed.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

You will only get a preferred room if you have paid for a preferred room. You can put in a request for a certain building, but they are only requests and may not he honored. We were lucky and got Martinique, it was the building right next to the preferred building. If your dd has mobility issues, it may be worth it to pay for preferred, but I suppose you could always switch rooms if your initial room does not work for you, I find they really try to work with you if you do not like your room location.

Last year we requested Jamaica and got Jamaica. We were so happy since Jamaica is just a quick walk and over the bridge to OPR. After we finished with check in, the lady told us the bridge was out. We would have to either take a shuttle which we did not want to do, or walk up a hill around a bridge, down a hill and then walk the entire length of the lake. We tried the walk once and said "no way" it was just too much for us. They switched us to Martinique, but we had to wait until the next day, which was not a problem, but they were good at working with us and showing us all the rooms that would be available over the next couple of days.
Thank you for your advice :),i'm thinking its sounding best if we do upgrade and pay for a preferred room then,at least we know its deffinately guaranteed.That's great that they moved you,that sounded like a long old trek.Ive always found CM to be so acommadating in all the Disney resorts we have stayed at.

While there is no guarantee that you will be upgraded, it has been known to happen. As a matter of fact, we have been upgraded three times without requesting closing to OPR. Having said that, you will not be guaranteed a preferred room unless that is the category that you actually book. However, you can call and have the cast member make a notation on you reservation that your daughter has mobility issues and you would like to be as close to OPR as possible.

**Edited to add: I'm so jealous that you'll be there for three whole weeks! We stay for two and I could stay for several more.
Thanks for your advice :),Lucky you,three times.I think I would be worried that we wouldn't get close enough especially since we don't usually arrive till about 4pm,others could have gone to their room,not liked it,gone back to reception and our room may get given to them and we end up with their room they didn't want(I don't know if that's what could happen?),but its something I thought about last night.

We are very lucky that we holiday every 2 years in August and in actual fact we stay for 28 nights in total,we spend so many nights on International Drive,then we move to a Universal Resort,then we move to a Disney resort.Next year we are doing 5 nights at Rosen Inn Pointe,2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort then moving to CBR for 21 nights.We started off going in April for 2 weeks,then 16 nights,then 3 weeks,before changing to August for 4 weeks and we have done that ever since,I would hate to have to go back to a 2 week holiday now.

We have stayed at POP and loved it!!!.The bus service is great,it doesn't share with another resort and it has individual bus stops for each park.The food court is excellent,lots of choice.The pools are great,we used all of them for a change of scenery.The only thing we could fault was the size of the beds,they were a little on the small side,but wouldn't hesitate on staying there again if free dining ever stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter