• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I’m looking for a current review of the Sebastian’s Bistro menu we have reservation for dinner there tomorrow and I want to make sure food isn’t too spicy for my Mom...
We have eaten there twice and I don't remember anything being spicy. We thought it was very flavorful! One of our favorite meals.

I’m looking for a current review of the Sebastian’s Bistro menu we have reservation for dinner there tomorrow and I want to make sure food isn’t too spicy for my Mom...

One of my new favorite meals on property! One of my family members stays away from anything spicy and there's not anything she skips at Sebastian's.

We have eaten there twice and I don't remember anything being spicy. We thought it was very flavorful! One of our favorite meals.
So happy to hear this. We have always avoided this place. But the new menu looked delicious and the price is perfect for our family of 5. We snagged reservations for next week. I'm looking forward to it!

For the wood floors… It’s very few rooms at this point. Some are confirmed and I did add them to the notes in the TP room finder. Some in Jamaica and Aruba have confirmed room numbers.

Last edited:
Are they redoing the floors in all the rooms? Any other refurb/refreshing in the rooms?
To my knowledge the wood is in random rooms across the resort. Basically when the carpet needs to go, they use wood instead of putting down new carpet.
I LOVED it and I hate spicy. It was fresh and tasty. There may have been one side that was spicy but I didn’t eat that one.

To my knowledge the wood is in random rooms across the resort. Basically when the carpet needs to go, they use wood instead of putting down new carpet.

I LOVED it and I hate spicy. It was fresh and tasty. There may have been one side that was spicy but I didn’t eat that one.
We did have dinner at Sebastian’s and loved it! Will definitely go back next trip.

there are quite a few actually. We have standard connecting 5th sleepers booked and I have been doing research like crazy.

Here are the ones I have found:

4519-4520
4511-4512
4529-4530

4405-4406

5121-5122 (water view)
5123-5124 (water view)

2407-2408 (preferred)

2611-2612 (preferred)

I do believe there are more, especially in the Aruba section.
I just stayed in 3336 in Barbados and it was a connecting room with a 5th sleeper. I didn't see inside the adjoining room, so I can only assume it also had a 5th sleeper.

ETA: This was my first time staying in CBR (stayed at Beach Club Villas over winter break). Coming from BCV the drop in aesthetic niceness was a bit jarring. However, I cannot complain about the location. My siblings were both in Trinidad so I requested Barbados over Martinique since I had a preferred room.

3336 was on the second floor equidistant from the staircases, so it felt hard to access. However, there was a back staircase right down to the busstop, which was nice. It was also nice to split the difference between the skyliner and the pool/OPR, both of which we used frequently. It was on a corner, so it had two windows, which was nice, but it was a high traffic area so one didn't feel great about opening the curtains.

I like to have dinner in Epcot so ease of access to Epcot is one of my main priorities. For this reason, I would stay at CBR again, but it's certainly the least "wow" of the resorts I've stayed at (SSR, BCV, POFQ, and back in the day all the monorail resorts). I also felt the exterior walkways blocking direct sunlight was not for me at POFQ, so perhaps moderate resorts just aren't my thing. I need sunshine!

Last edited:
I did a search, but nothing came up. Is mousekeeping back to normal yet or is it just the Deluxe resorts for now? I’m going next Saturday for a week and hoping for more than trash and towel service every other day.

I did a search, but nothing came up. Is mousekeeping back to normal yet or is it just the Deluxe resorts for now? I’m going next Saturday for a week and hoping for more than trash and towel service every other day.

The official information still says every other day: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

The Disney Tourist Blog has details and commentary about some things changing back but not consistently: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/housekeeping-shortage-disney-world-resort-hotels/

We were at CBR 4/1-4/4 and actually got a full clean on our second night. Beds were even made! May not be a guarantee but I take it as a sign things are coming back to normal.

Yes, it was so convenient! It was like 10 feet from our door.

Just returned from a wonderful stay at CBR. It was my first time there and I was so impressed. We were in Aruba 52, so close to island walkway to OPR and both skyline stations. I know it’s a big resort, but our location made it seem very compact, I will happily stay there again. The skyline adds so much to this resort. We liked taking it to Boardwalk for the pizza window.

we stayed here because my first choice, Gran Destiny Tower, was not available. I’d been wanting to try it for awhile and I’m so glad I did. CM’s were wonderful; housekeeping was on top of trash and towel service; mobile ordering at food court was so convenient, and the overall vibe at the resort was so relaxing. This is definitely my favorite mod now that I have stayed at all of them.

Room was dark and could used some sprucing up, but it was clean and quiet and we loved having that 5th sleeper

just a wonderful resort!

I’ll try to attach the activities calendar.
What room category did you book to end up in Aruba? we have family staying at riviera so wanted to stay closer to walking there?

Which room category should we book if we want to be close to skyliner and Riviera resort as we have family staying there? Standard, Water or pool view or preferred? Also what buildings to request?

Can anyone give a recent report on what time the feature pool opens? I believe I saw 10am but wasn't sure if that has changed. We arrive in a week and it's our first time staying at CBR!

Which room category should we book if we want to be close to skyliner and Riviera resort as we have family staying there? Standard, Water or pool view or preferred? Also what buildings to request?
We booked a standard room and ended up in Aruba, building 56. We were in the back corner, almost the closest room to the Skyliner station. At first I was bummed about the room because it seemed so far away from the pool and restaurants. It ended up that we loved the location because it was close the Riviera and the Skyliner station.

Hi everyone! I’m excited for my first stay at CBR in a couple months, but I have a few questions, if anyone can help me out!

There were no preferred rooms available when I booked. Any suggestions for what buildings I might request that are the next best thing? Won’t be taking the Skyliner so being near the station is a non issue, but I would like to get coffee in the morning without walking a mile.

I think I saw there’s no elevators. One of our party will have a scooter, and there were no accessible rooms available either when I booked. I should request a first floor room, then?

Lastly, is there one large parking lot near the front of the resort, or multiple parking areas that would put you closer to the actual building you’re staying in?

Thanks for any help and all the info in this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter