Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We didn't request buildings and got Aruba 54, it's in a pretty far spot but it works out. Genuine question: why do people want close to the bridge? Is there something cool we're missing? :D

I have a fifth sleeper room booked. What buildings are the most requested for this category? How difficult is it to get on a bus for park opening at the Jamaica and Aruba stops? At POR, the first stop filled the bus and passed us by at the second stop. Long time visitor to CBR, it will be our first stay. Thanks.

Last edited:

I have a fifth sleeper room booked. What buildings are the most requested for this category? How difficult is it to get on a bus for park opening at the Jamaica and Aruba stops? At POR, the first stop filled the bus and passed us by at the second stop. Long time visitor to CBR, it will be our first stay. Thanks.
I stayed at CBR in April, in the Jamaica section. Jamaica and Aruba always had their own bus, and Jamaica would be the first stop for the bus. If you are close to Jamaica, i would suggest waiting at that stop to be confident about getting a spot.

We didn't request buildings and got Aruba 54, it's in a pretty far spot but it works out. Genuine question: why do people want close to the bridge? Is there something cool we're missing? :D
It’s a central location close to food court, restaurants, Skyliner hub etc.

Booked at CBR for 6 nights in Nov 2022! Looking forward to staying here and excited for the Skyliner, have never stayed at CBR before. We've got one day where we are considering either going to a water park or just reserving as a relaxing day at the resort-- any tips from anyone on fun things to do at CBR during a resort-only day? Our kids are pool fanatics so plenty of pool time will certainly be part of it. Where do they do movie nights?

Our family is me, DW, DD14, DD10. Extended family is going on this trip with us also but we will do some things separate, some things together-- my mom and brother will be at CBR also, my other brother, his wife, and daughter (4) will be at POFQ

Booked at CBR for 6 nights in Nov 2022! Looking forward to staying here and excited for the Skyliner, have never stayed at CBR before. We've got one day where we are considering either going to a water park or just reserving as a relaxing day at the resort-- any tips from anyone on fun things to do at CBR during a resort-only day? Our kids are pool fanatics so plenty of pool time will certainly be part of it. Where do they do movie nights?

Our family is me, DW, DD14, DD10. Extended family is going on this trip with us also but we will do some things separate, some things together-- my mom and brother will be at CBR also, my other brother, his wife, and daughter (4) will be at POFQ
You could have a pool day or water park. We’re here for 13 days and have 2 water park days. I could float on the lazy river all day!
But for a short 6 day trip I’d go to the parks. Take mid day breaks to have some pool time.
They do the movies on Caribbean Cay.

What's up with the free style machines? Are they open in the villages?
Also what is the selection? I know coke products but what's the juice/non-soda selection like? Trying to see what I need via instacart....

What has been the luck in getting connecting rooms? What is the best way to request those rooms? I would prefer to be in building 45 but really connecting is more important.

(If it matters, one room is 2 Queen, the other 2 Queen with 5th sleeper. Both standard.)

We had great luck using the Skyliner this past Monday for Epcot. In line at 9:30, there were maybe 20 people in front of us. They started loading at 9:53, and we were at the gateway at 10:09 where we held before security. Still not too many people in front of us. Maybe 30 in our line? Gates open at 10:20, could only go clockwise to Norway for Frozen and held at Canada for about 10 minutes. In line for walk-on for Frozen and on the ride at 10:41.

I think you don’t necessary need to be at the Skyliner 90 minutes before park opening to successfully rope drop Frozen, but I would not go too much later.

Today, first bus to AK was at 6:49. We were first at the gate for a walk-on for FOP. We are staying in Trinidad but walked to Jamaica, but probably not needed. There were only 4 other people on the bus.

Hope this is helpful.

What's up with the free style machines? Are they open in the villages?
Also what is the selection? I know coke products but what's the juice/non-soda selection like? Trying to see what I need via instacart....

They all seem to be operating. Usual soda products related to Coca-Cola, which we don’t drink. Spyglass still closed.

just upgraded our resort from Pop to CBR for our trip next month. GAHH i love this resort! i visited in 2015 (pre-updates) and after visiting this past April it's like night and day. I can't not wait to be back!

My biggest concern right now is the weather and it's effect on the skyliner. Should we be prepared for no skyliner in the afternoons with this crazy summer weather?
We were there June 26-July 2, and only once did the SL shut down when we were walking toward it.

2 posts up they said they are all operating. Super glad for this, we check in in a few days. We have stayed at this resort twice in the past but both times were before they had these. It was a lot of extra work to get dropped off at your bus stop then get your mugs and hoof it all the way to the main area and then back before they closed.

I have a subscription to Touring Plans so I can make a room request. Are there pirate rooms in any other building or are we going to be in Trinidad? I suppose we better request building 34 if that's the case, would you agree? And thanks!

I have Touring Plans, too & requested my WV room to be whatever # (I specified it but forgot which room # it is) has the perfect view of the Riviera, lol.

just upgraded our resort from Pop to CBR for our trip next month. GAHH i love this resort! i visited in 2015 (pre-updates) and after visiting this past April it's like night and day. I can't not wait to be back!

My biggest concern right now is the weather and it's effect on the skyliner. Should we be prepared for no skyliner in the afternoons with this crazy summer weather?
I hope you love it! It looks like its own private island resort! People think I’m crazy for booking it but I want to feel like I am on vacation so staying at a sprawling island type resort is just what I want! So excited that Sebastian’s has reopened, too! I do have one qualm about riding that Skyliner: nighttime trips on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter