Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi I will be staying at CBR for Jersey Week 11/3 thru 11/9. I have a standard room booked, and I think I would like to stay in Jamaica as it seems to be midway between Old Port Royale and the Skyliner station. Is this a good plan?

Definitely. Our favorite location is Jamaica 45. It's as close to The Main Feature pool and OPR as some Preferred View rooms yet still close to the Skyliner Station.

Also, I called to request this, but was told that they do not take room requests until 10 days before arrival. Is this true

No, that's not true. It's a common mistake phone CMs make. You can make requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Call back and hopefully you'll get a more informed CM.

and is calling the best way to make a request?

Yup.

Hello! Does anyone happen to know how Instacart works at CBR? Do they deliver to your room or to the front desk? If your room, do you know how "wide" the delivery window is? I've never used Instacart before, but was thinking I might try it for our next Disney trip.

Thanks!

Hello! Does anyone happen to know how Instacart works at CBR? Do they deliver to your room or to the front desk? If your room, do you know how "wide" the delivery window is? I've never used Instacart before, but was thinking I might try it for our next Disney trip.

Thanks!

Like all grocery delivery services, they deliver to you in the lobby or to Bell Services if you can't meet them.

I've never been to CBR before. Taking a family this December and have a "preferred" room. Can anyone tell me what the time investment will be to walk from Barbados to the CBR Skyliner? I hear that CBR is really large and can be a bummer to have to get from one side to the other. I kinda wonder if the "preferred" room won't really be so preferred if it requires significantly more walking to the Skyliner than a standard room. We aren't planning to do much swimming in December so being close to OPR isn't a big advantage. Any of you DIS'ers been to CBR that can tell me what kind of time investment I'm looking at to walk to Skyliner from Barbados?

I've never been to CBR before. Taking a family this December and have a "preferred" room. Can anyone tell me what the time investment will be to walk from Barbados to the CBR Skyliner? I hear that CBR is really large and can be a bummer to have to get from one side to the other. I kinda wonder if the "preferred" room won't really be so preferred if it requires significantly more walking to the Skyliner than a standard room. We aren't planning to do much swimming in December so being close to OPR isn't a big advantage. Any of you DIS'ers been to CBR that can tell me what kind of time investment I'm looking at to walk to Skyliner from Barbados?

About 6-7 minutes.

Thanks!

The delivery windows vary, unfortunately. Sometimes, on the weekends, when I have grocery delivery to my home the delivery window is "within the next 5 hours". Sometimes it's "within the next 2 hours". Usually though - when I order for my office weekly, I can pick my delivery window to be within an hour time frame - such as between 9-10 or between 10-11. If you set up the app and give it a test run you will have a more specific answer for your specific situation.

I'm planning on being at CBR on Tuesday evening and I can see right now that the last delivery is between 9-10pm - which will work nicely for us. That's what I'll likely select.

Keep in mind that you can always cancel your delivery if things aren't working out in your favor!

Going to be at CBR next week!! Our first time at CBR!

My daughter booked the room and tickets in her name for the four of us. Can you guys tell me if she would be the only one that would be able to take advantage of a bounce back offer (if there is one)? I might take advantage of the offer, if it's possible for me to, since I am also on the reservation.

We have a standard room booked for next month, and ended up booking flights a day early. Nothing was available for CBR for the first night so booked ***. A standard room with 5th sleeper has opened up. If I change that first night, to The CBR room, what are the chances of us staying in that room the whole stay? What if I tell them I don’t mind the downgrade to a standard room for the first night, just so we don’t have to change rooms?

Thanks!
You usually get a 2 hour window with instacart.

We have a standard room booked for next month, and ended up booking flights a day early. Nothing was available for CBR for the first night so booked ***. A standard room with 5th sleeper has opened up. If I change that first night, to The CBR room, what are the chances of us staying in that room the whole stay? What if I tell them I don’t mind the downgrade to a standard room for the first night, just so we don’t have to change rooms?

It will just depend on the availability at the time of check in. They will most likely do what they can to accommodate you, but if the resort is booked then there won't be much that they can do.

Going to be at CBR next week!! Our first time at CBR!

My daughter booked the room and tickets in her name for the four of us. Can you guys tell me if she would be the only one that would be able to take advantage of a bounce back offer (if there is one)? I might take advantage of the offer, if it's possible for me to, since I am also on the reservation.

Every adult on the reservation is able to book a bounceback offer.

Reading about grocery deliveries... but what about other types of deliveries? What if I ordered say clothes from an online store and had them delivered to the hotel? Will bell services hold them for me or would I have to wait? And if they do hold, should I tip?

Im coming from overseas and so tipping culture isn't my expert topic! lol!

We are currently in Aruba 55. Not as close as we would like to be, but the room is fine. When we check out, can we request that Bell Services pick up our luggage to store it while we head to the park? I know we have to be here, but I really don’t want to lug all our bags myself.

We are currently in Aruba 55. Not as close as we would like to be, but the room is fine. When we check out, can we request that Bell Services pick up our luggage to store it while we head to the park? I know we have to be here, but I really don’t want to lug all our bags myself.

Definitely. I always call the night before and set up a time for them to come.

We are in Aruba 55 and the walkway to the Riviera station opened up this morning. Last night, there was a fence there. This morning, it was magically gone. According to a CM I spoke to, it is still opening on the 29th. I’m still hoping it’ll be open tomorrow. If not, we’ll ride on Monday.

What type air conditioning do the rooms have? Is it motion activated so that it may get warm at night if no one moves? Or can you turn it to 66 deg. at night & have it running continually? (Health issues) Thanks so much!

Tried reading through & I’ve looked @ maps, sorry if asked/answered already-

Going back to CBR next week. 1st time Pref section. Was SO bummed Water View gone when booked :guilty: We normally do that & request Jamaica 45-awesome luck getting rooms next to bridge. I locked in Pref to @ least be closer (vs chance in Egypt :rotfl2:)

From Pref area, quickest Skyline to use is CBR & since across from Jamaica quickest to walk across bridge?

Or, the Riveria station / use the Riveria walkway path?

Bonus question & sorry bc I do follow that thread, but don’t know for sure? Only the CBR station goes direct to HS? Or, does Riveria go straight there too (w/o transfer @ Jamaica required)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter