Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were there last week during the pool party.

There are still individual soaps and shampoos being given out. I think the previous poster was referring to some of the resorts going to larger soap dispensers in the bathrooms instead of individual.

Thanks! Did you stay there recently? If so, did the construction really interfere with your trip?

We stayed last week. We were in the Trinidad South due to booking a Pirate Room. The size of the resort was much more of a turn off then the construction. Having to make multiple stops before leaving property added a lot of time to each trip. We only ate breakfast one day at the resort and it was fine. There was a large selection at a good price for a Disney Buffet. We heard very little noise from the construction around the pool for the quick service in South and it was also not significant near the main pool but I was aware of it.

It is definitely not at its “Disney Best” right now and I don’t think I would book it again especially during heavy construction but it is still beautiful and we had a good time.

I had heard rumblings of Disney doing away with the free toiletries at values (and mods?). Just confirming CBR still has free shampoo etc?

Where on earth did you hear that? Zero chance that's real.

Disney has resurrected the idea of dispensers instead of individually packaged products, but I think so far that's only rolled out at Pop so it is probably a test to see how well it works. Either way, you still have toiletries included for your stay, it is just the take-home aspect that might be ending. As a woman who travels with other women/girls, I don't really mind the idea - not having to endlessly remind housekeeping to bring enough shampoo for all of us is a decent trade-off for not bringing home the extra soaps - but there's no indication that it will expand to other resorts any time soon.

Disney has resurrected the idea of dispensers instead of individually packaged products, but I think so far that's only rolled out at Pop so it is probably a test to see how well it works. Either way, you still have toiletries included for your stay, it is just the take-home aspect that might be ending. As a woman who travels with other women/girls, I don't really mind the idea - not having to endlessly remind housekeeping to bring enough shampoo for all of us is a decent trade-off for not bringing home the extra soaps - but there's no indication that it will expand to other resorts any time soon.
They are putting the new shampoo dispensers in the renovated POFQ rooms.

I just called and upgraded the pirate room to a water view then it dawned on me....could I possibly get a water view of the construction at the pool??

Disney has resurrected the idea of dispensers instead of individually packaged products, but I think so far that's only rolled out at Pop so it is probably a test to see how well it works.

Oh. I did not think OP was asking about that. I was thinking they heard that WDW wasn't providing any toiletries with the room.

Either way, you still have toiletries included for your stay, it is just the take-home aspect that might be ending.

Correct.

But there's no indication that it will expand to other resorts any time soon.

The dispensers are being installed in the refurbished rooms at POFQ. They're going to be installed in more going forward.

The dispensers are being installed in the refurbished rooms at POFQ. They're going to be installed in more going forward.

That is very good to know. I'd half hoped they'd be in place before our next trip, but at least they should be before the one after this.

I just called and upgraded the pirate room to a water view then it dawned on me....could I possibly get a water view of the construction at the pool??
Water views in Aruba and Martinique would have a fair chance of looking at the DVC construction.

Oh. I did not think OP was asking about that. I was thinking they heard that WDW wasn't providing any toiletries with the room.

Correct.

I probably misunderstood but I thought I read they were completely not providing toiletries at values. Sounded crazy to me.

Ok, I'm sure this on here somewhere. So, sorry if already answered this. But what do you do for breakfast and other meals if food court is under construction? If it's a food truck, what about when it's raining?? Just curious bc we've only been when food court open. And any idea when food court construction will be complete??

We have a 1 night stay booked in April. We will be coming in later in the evening then headed out to AK in the morning, so will not have much exploring time at all.
What are our quick breakfast options? I see there is a buffet, but we want to eat and get to the park ASAP.
How difficult will it be to get our luggage to bell service to get it transferred to our next resort? No idea which area we will be staying in..its a water/pool view if that helps . . .

Ok, I'm sure this on here somewhere. So, sorry if already answered this. But what do you do for breakfast and other meals if food court is under construction? If it's a food truck, what about when it's raining?? Just curious bc we've only been when food court open. And any idea when food court construction will be complete??

The buffet served in the large tent has been most guests go to for breakfast and other meals.

We have a 1 night stay booked in April. We will be coming in later in the evening then headed out to AK in the morning, so will not have much exploring time at all.
What are our quick breakfast options? I see there is a buffet, but we want to eat and get to the park ASAP.

The Island Market have grab and go items that will work.

How difficult will it be to get our luggage to bell service to get it transferred to our next resort? No idea which area we will be staying in..its a water/pool view if that helps . . .

Not difficult at all in our opinion. We call Bell Services the night before and set up a time for them to come get our luggage in the AM. They are 24 x 7 so never had any issues with getting our luggage picked up to be transferred, getting something quick to eat then making rope drop.

So, is there a tent located close to each area? like close to jamaica? and how close?
Centertown Buffet is across the bridge from Jamaica.

There is an Island Market in a "converted" Jamaica Guest room.

And they are "shooting" to have Spyglass(a new QS "restaurant") open in Trinidad South next month.:)
25972037868_104693c320_h.jpg

They are putting the new shampoo dispensers in the renovated POFQ rooms.
FYI last year at POR preferred we had the stupid dispensers. Felt like a cheap downgrade and seemed a poor choice to pick such a widespread industry standard amenity to cut back on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter