Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My family and I got back on Aug 22 and we never ate at the tent because the lines were pretty long. We love the resort and although there was alot of construction and cranes everywhere, we had a good time. Disney should NEVER charge full rates for resorts under construction though. It's crazy how they do it and people gripe about it....I was at the custom house once to get something and 2 people in front of me in line were complaining about the construction etc. So I can only assume that the cast members are used to it by now. I kind of felt bad for them because they're not to blame.

We did use all of the pools and those are not affected by any of the work going on.

Couple questions about arrival and getting around the resort....anyone arrived recently via Magical Express from the Airport? Where are you dropped off? Wondering because if you have done online check in you don't 'have' to go to the desk so wondering if they drop you off and you have to then transfer to an internal bus to get to your room.
Also has anyone had a scooter/wheelchair/stroller delivered to the resort? How was that process? we will be having a special needs stroller delivered and just wondering how that will work [in the past we have walked to the lobby and met the delivery van there at other resorts so not sure how it will work at CBR and the construction]
are there any walking paths still intact? I know the full path is not an option :( but wondering if they have built an alternative path or not.
we will be there in under a month so just trying to figure out logistics. Thanks

Couple questions about arrival and getting around the resort....anyone arrived recently via Magical Express from the Airport? Where are you dropped off? Wondering because if you have done online check in you don't 'have' to go to the desk so wondering if they drop you off and you have to then transfer to an internal bus to get to your room.
Also has anyone had a scooter/wheelchair/stroller delivered to the resort? How was that process? we will be having a special needs stroller delivered and just wondering how that will work [in the past we have walked to the lobby and met the delivery van there at other resorts so not sure how it will work at CBR and the construction]
are there any walking paths still intact? I know the full path is not an option :( but wondering if they have built an alternative path or not.
we will be there in under a month so just trying to figure out logistics. Thanks

MDE still drops you off at the Custom House. From what I've read, your only choice from there is an internal bus to your room as the walking path in that area is gone. We rented a stroller last year and picked it up right outside the Custom House at the Bell Services desk. I'm planning to take MDE to the Custom House, check-in, get my stroller, and then take a bus to our building.

Interesting, that info differs from that being given on Tammy's FB Group.

When they first took Barbados and half of Martinique out of commission, which had a large amount of Standard rooms, they changed what was left of Martinique to Standard to accommodate all the Standard reservations that were already made. Now that they have been closed for a while, they have started putting Preferred reservations back into Martinique.

Hello JSRJ21 I am planning on staying there in December. Do you happen to know the bus route in the morning to the parks.I have heard one route starts at Martinique and one route starts at Jamaica. Thanks for any information you can add for your visit at this resort and have a good day.

MDE still drops you off at the Custom House. From what I've read, your only choice from there is an internal bus to your room as the walking path in that area is gone. We rented a stroller last year and picked it up right outside the Custom House at the Bell Services desk. I'm planning to take MDE to the Custom House, check-in, get my stroller, and then take a bus to our building.
we are staying in a pirate room so hoping I can get everything arranged to be there as we get there and we don't have to run back and forth.
Thanks!

we are staying in a pirate room so hoping I can get everything arranged to be there as we get there and we don't have to run back and forth.
Thanks!

Even if everything is not there when you arrive, you can call Bell Services from your room and they will bring it to you.

I should know this but need to clarify...

We are arriving fairly early in the day on the 19th. IF our room is not ready, we assume the CH holds your bags and Garden Grocer order until your room is ready OR you get back to the resort, right? Point is, we don't want to hang around the resort for hours waiting for our room. We'd rather go to DS and spend some quality time there. Is our thinking on point? Thank you.

I should know this but need to clarify...

We are arriving fairly early in the day on the 19th. IF our room is not ready, we assume the CH holds your bags and Garden Grocer order until your room is ready OR you get back to the resort, right? Point is, we don't want to hang around the resort for hours waiting for our room. We'd rather go to DS and spend some quality time there. Is our thinking on point? Thank you.

Yes, Bell Services will hold you bags and grocery order until you get back to the resort and your room is ready. Just call them from your room and they will bring them to you.

I've asked this once before & someone did answer me but the link stopped working! Does anyone know the coffee pods the in room makers use? I really need much more for the 3 of us than just a few so I was going to bring some as well as ask mousekeeping - thank you

Just wanted to report that we checked in at about 11:00 tonight. Check-in was quick and easy. Paid remaining balance with gift cards. Received our complimentary gift card preloaded for 7 nights worth. That combined with the fall offer make this a great deal. Pins were on the table in the room. We are in Aruba 52. We got in late so it was dark and couldn't really tell much as far as construction. Interestingly, we got a room with one of the fold down mini beds, even though we are just two adults. Makes a nice platform to hold our suitcases.

Just wanted to report that we checked in at about 11:00 tonight. Check-in was quick and easy. Paid remaining balance with gift cards. Received our complimentary gift card preloaded for 7 nights worth. That combined with the fall offer make this a great deal. Pins were on the table in the room. We are in Aruba 52. We got in late so it was dark and couldn't really tell much as far as construction. Interestingly, we got a room with one of the fold down mini beds, even though we are just two adults. Makes a nice platform to hold our suitcases.
Have fun!:)

The beginning of a WDW vacation is always the most exciting part!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter