Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! I just came across an aerial photo (website below) and it looks to me like the Banana Cabana was demolished (heart breaks into a thousand pieces). I read a rumor about "waterfront dining," so I figured there had to be some permits around that if that's the case. Hmmm. http://dudisneyana.info/walt-disney...-with-aerial-photos-studios-springs-and-more/
There may be something added like that. Hadn't thought of it. The main bulk of the building is remaining, that's what I was thinking of. But yeah, the pool bar is gone.

Hello everybody! I've been hanging around and reading but didn't really see a ton of information that needed updated. I did post a couple of "new" things on the first two pages. Thanks to everybody who has posted questions and answers.

For those who are new to the thread, a lot of your questions are probably answered within the posts on the first two pages. Construction updates are posted in reverse chronological order so that you're seeing the newest information first. You'll see numerous updates that include links to specific information, pictures, questions, etc. All you have to do is click on the different colored wording and you'll be taken to the information.

As always though, please feel free to post your questions, answers, thoughts and suggestions!

I asked this on the "dump" thread, but figured I'd put it here too...

Has anyone with food allergies had experience with the food set-up as it is now? I'd almost consider this for a pre-cruise one-night stay, but I am gluten-free and would need to have something for breakfast before as I won't have a car and would likely not have time to get to another resort and back for a sit-down breakfast before being picked up by Disney Cruise transportation.

Has anyone with food allergies had experience with the food set-up as it is now? I'd almost consider this for a pre-cruise one-night stay, but I am gluten-free and would need to have something for breakfast before as I won't have a car and would likely not have time to get to another resort and back for a sit-down breakfast before being picked up by Disney Cruise transportation.
I saw a Guest with allergies one night VERY angry about the buffet in Centertown Buffet.

She was talking to a manager about it and the manager promptly brought out a Chef to cook something special for her-so it looks like they will do their best when someone notitifies them of an allergy problem with the Buffet.:)

Has anyone been to CBR since the construction began, and received the gift card at check in even though they DIDN'T receive any emails before the trip about getting one? My TA says that she phoned Disney on our behalf and was told that we would receive the gift card (we booked last October), but I've received no email or any notification from Disney. I wondered if anyone is in a similar situation and had no trouble receiving the gift card? I'm a little nervous. I haven't read any recent reports of people not getting the gift card, when they were expecting it.

Has anyone been to CBR since the construction began, and received the gift card at check in even though they DIDN'T receive any emails before the trip about getting one? My TA says that she phoned Disney on our behalf and was told that we would receive the gift card (we booked last October), but I've received no email or any notification from Disney. I wondered if anyone is in a similar situation and had no trouble receiving the gift card? I'm a little nervous. I haven't read any recent reports of people not getting the gift card, when they were expecting it.
When are your travel dates? I booked in February for early December and never received an email. I think the emails were kind of all over the place.

When are your travel dates? I booked in February for early December and never received an email. I think the emails were kind of all over the place.
Yeah, emails were. We never got one. We did get a letter. We did get the gift card.
I haven't heard of anyone who booked before the cut off and didn't take an alternate offer not get the gift card. Some who took an alternate offer have not gotten it. But those were in the minority, from that I remember.

Early October, and I booked last October. Both of us should totally qualify for the gift card. I'd just feel better if we received something in writing about the gift card. Hopefully someone in a similar situation could chime in about whether they received gift cards okay at check-in.

Yeah, emails were. We never got one. We did get a letter. We did get the gift card.
I haven't heard of anyone who booked before the cut off and didn't take an alternate offer not get the gift card. Some who took an alternate offer have not gotten it. But those were in the minority, from that I remember.
This worries me a bit. We booked a bounce back, free dining reservation. Our TA phoned Disney, who said that we would receive the gift card. Once we understood more about the construction, we weighed our options (move to another hotel or stay at CBR and get the gift card). We decided to stay put, since we were told we'd get the gift cards. Nothing written from Disney though. If we find that we won't get them, we'll be upset because we would have jumped ship had we known.

Early October, and I booked last October. Both of us should totally qualify for the gift card. I'd just feel better if we received something in writing about the gift card. Hopefully someone in a similar situation could chime in about whether they received gift cards okay at check-in.

I did not book as early as you all but I did book during the period the $75 /night GC was offered. I never received any type of notification that I would be getting GC (read about offer here and it was listed on website) but did confirm during phone calls to make changes or add request. GC was waiting for us when we checked in this week.

This worries me a bit. We booked a bounce back, free dining reservation. Our TA phoned Disney, who said that we would receive the gift card. Once we understood more about the construction, we weighed our options (move to another hotel or stay at CBR and get the gift card). We decided to stay put, since we were told we'd get the gift cards. Nothing written from Disney though. If we find that we won't get them, we'll be upset because we would have jumped ship had we known.
You booked well before the cut off. I believe you haven't gotten any communications direct from Disney because you booked with a TA. Disney would email or mail those who booked direct with them. Your TA would be the go between for you. Though I'm sure there are exceptions where Disney has notified those who booked with a TA it's not unusual if they haven't. What makes you worried?

What makes you worried?
Probably for the sake of worrying! ha! I've actually read about people who booked through TA's still receiving confirmations of the gift card, so that's why I was mainly worried. I am reassured knowing that I haven't heard of anyone recently being denied. Dh wanted to cancel the trip, but I talked him into staying since we will get the gift cards. We are folks who do spend a fair bit of time at the resort (no more commando style trips after 20yrs! haha), so we likely will be impacted by the construction whether it's noise, inconvenience or lack of amenities. I still love CBR, so I'm sure it will be fine regardless.

Probably for the sake of worrying! ha! I've actually read about people who booked through TA's still receiving confirmations of the gift card, so that's why I was mainly worried. I am reassured knowing that I haven't heard of anyone recently being denied. Dh wanted to cancel the trip, but I talked him into staying since we will get the gift cards. We are folks who do spend a fair bit of time at the resort (no more commando style trips after 20yrs! haha), so we likely will be impacted by the construction whether it's noise, inconvenience or lack of amenities. I still love CBR, so I'm sure it will be fine regardless.
LOL.. you and my DH! His worrying has given ME grey hairs!
Maybe ask your TA to see if they can see them something in writing to give to you, just to be sure? When do you arrive? And what room category did you book?
So far, noise has not bothered any, hopefully this remains the case. We are back again at the end of August ourselves. And if they'll get off the bench and issue promos for AP for the rest of Oct I may be back then. Though both of those are booked recently, so no more gift card.

I booked through a TA, and did get a direct email letting me know I'd get the gift cards. But, first I was sent an incorrect email about construction at the Grand Californian. Gotta love Disney IT. I've read many on here who didn't get the email, but they've all still gotten the gift card if they booked in time, and if someone hadn't, I'm sure we'd have heard about it. So I think you will be fine. I don't think not getting it had anything to do with booking with a TA but just whatever random lists Disney used to send out the emails.

I booked my trip for this December with a bounceback offer last October (2016) and received an email in early March that addressed the construction and gift card. I called to verify that I will receive one and it was confirmed. You might consider calling yourself to see if one is attached to your account.

I didn't receive an email either. I did call and was able to verify I will get the GCs when we check it. It took awhile, the CM I spoke to called the hotel and transferred me to a manager at CBR - but I finally got an answer. I'd call and find out.

I booked through a TA, and did get a direct email letting me know I'd get the gift cards. But, first I was sent an incorrect email about construction at the Grand Californian. Gotta love Disney IT. I've read many on here who didn't get the email, but they've all still gotten the gift card if they booked in time, and if someone hadn't, I'm sure we'd have heard about it. So I think you will be fine. I don't think not getting it had anything to do with booking with a TA but just whatever random lists Disney used to send out the emails.
This exact thing happened to me. I was sent an email about the construction going on at the Grand Californian! They sent me a corrected email soon after and informed about the gift cards. I'm like 'what the'....when I read that first email. I was afraid they'd booked us into the Grand Californian :rolleyes1

If you are gluten free but okay with gluten containing items being in near proximity to your food it shouldn't be an issue just to eat off of the buffet. Like others said, they will help you if you just ask. Having eaten breakfast there last week there were gluten free options (meats, eggs, fruit).

If you are gluten free but okay with gluten containing items being in near proximity to your food it shouldn't be an issue just to eat off of the buffet. Like others said, they will help you if you just ask. Having eaten breakfast there last week there were gluten free options (meats, eggs, fruit).

Thanks. Odds are I'll pick another resort, but we shall see.

Wondered this myself... GF food seems impossible here outside the tent ( or with any kinda of variety other than a banana for breakfast. ho hum) Not planning to eat here much. Thanks Simonsez and TwinkleKS for your responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter