Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Honestly, once we get to the room you can't tell there is construction. I don't get why folks would even complain about it, honestly. We see the fences when driving in but once at the room, you don't see it.

People are largely fearful of the unexpected even if it may be known or explained. I also think people like to complain just to complain or are hopeful that they'll get something extra in the process (which appears to me to be very prevalent on these boards.) I think the biggest problem will come when they start actual construction instead of demolition; having lived next to a bridge being construction the driving of piles into the ground can be very loud, and cover quite a distance.

So glad to hear you're having a good time! Where was the beach you laid out on to hear pirate music? Or was that piped throughout the lagoon?

I'm still questioning our decision to stay here. We 'moved over' because of the gift card and that we could guarantee a king bed in the room, a net $20 increase over POP. Still might switch back to POP if we get a better AP/discount rate that we can apply when/if they come out.

Where was the beach you laid out on to hear pirate music? Or was that piped throughout the lagoon?
It is the small beach just "outside" the Spa(Hot Tub) entrance to the Pool.:)

This is the area where the temporary "bar",Food Truck and Centertown Buffet are located.

There is an actual "Pirate Band" that is playing at CBR during the Refurb-they are "alternating" nights with other Bands-"The Tropicals",an authentic Caribbean Band are our favorite.:)

It is the small beach just "outside" the Spa(Hot Tub) entrance to the Pool.:)

This is the area where the temporary "bar",Food Truck and Centertown Buffet are located.

There is an actual "Pirate Band" that is playing at CBR during the Refurb-they are "alternating" nights with other Bands-"The Tropicals",an authentic Caribbean Band are our favorite.:)

WOW, real people playing?! Pretty cool, hopefully this continues into the fall/winter :)

I'm a little worried all the 'cool' things that are going on will be discontinued later in the year.

Are guests permitted to take items purchased from the food truck into the Centretown dining hall? We will be there from July 25-August 1 and having a respite from the heat and pop-up storms is always welcome. Looking forward to our first stay at CBR!

People are largely fearful of the unexpected even if it may be known or explained. I also think people like to complain just to complain or are hopeful that they'll get something extra in the process (which appears to me to be very prevalent on these boards.) I think the biggest problem will come when they start actual construction instead of demolition; having lived next to a bridge being construction the driving of piles into the ground can be very loud, and cover quite a distance.

I arrived today. While I can see how some people might not be bothered, huge sections of the resort are ugly eyesores. You can't miss the construction fences and equipment. Currently, the buildings being demolished resemble something you'd see after a prolonged artillery attack or major earthquake. And the Island Markets come across as amateurish.

I booked in early March, so I got the $75/night gift card. As such, I feel as though I'm getting properly compensated. If I were paying full price, I wouldn't be so easy-going.

Full Disclosure: I spent 8 years working hotels. I started as a Front Desk Representative and worked my way up into management. Both hotels in which I worked underwent major renovations. Following that, I moved to Orlando to work for Disney. I spent three years working at the Disney Reservations Center. Based on that experience, I personally don't think it's okay for Disney to be selling these rooms at full price.

Are guests permitted to take items purchased from the food truck into the Centretown dining hall? We will be there from July 25-August 1 and having a respite from the heat and pop-up storms is always welcome. Looking forward to our first stay at CBR!
Yes, anyone can sit in the dining hall to eat

Can anyone share feedback or pictures of the pool and pool bar trailer? We booked four days here in middle of June specifically for our kids to play at the pool and DH and I to relax with a yummy drink. The more I read on this renovation I realize this may not happen and am considering switching resorts.

Just tell the CM at the door going into Centertown Buffet that you are just going in to eat your Food Truck food.:)

Can anyone share feedback or pictures of the pool and pool bar trailer? We booked four days here in middle of June specifically for our kids to play at the pool and DH and I to relax with a yummy drink. The more I read on this renovation I realize this may not happen and am considering switching resorts.
Here is the temporary pool bar.

bar.jpg

Here is the temporary pool bar.

bar.jpg

I understand the resort is under refurbishment & temporary set ups are needed ... but seems like a little paint or an overlay would go a long way to make it look like it "could" be a beach bar??!!

The props on either side of the steps are a good start but the bright white trailer... :scared: screams more Artic alcohol than Caribbean cocktail.

Maybe it's all about the crop and looks fine when viewed as a whole of the area :rolleyes1

I understand the resort is under refurbishment & temporary set ups are needed ... but seems like a little paint or an overlay would go a long way to make it look like it "could" be a beach bar??!!

The props on either side of the steps are a good start but the bright white trailer... :scared: screams more Artic alcohol than Caribbean cocktail.

Maybe it's all about the crop and looks fine when viewed as a whole of the area :rolleyes1

I think your right, it would look a lot better if they had made it a different color. But, it is a temporary trailer.

I want to email someone at Disney about our CBR stay. Unfortunately did not receive a survey (maybe that's normal). Is there a suggested email/emails for CBR?

I want to email someone at Disney about our CBR stay. Unfortunately did not receive a survey (maybe that's normal). Is there a suggested email/emails for CBR?

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I would encourage anyone who has issues during their stay, go to the manager while you are there. They have always been very helpful to us.
We had issues during our 2015 stay at CBR and we went to the manager, she was great! The issues were fixed immediately and we received a CBR cooler bag with lots of goodies in it as an apology.

No idea about the look being an issue but the drinks taste the same no matter what they are served from. May be we are just too unbothered by it all because it's still Disney and not home

We are here on a Tuesday while workers are around and still not sorry we are staying here. It is not a disruption other than seeing a green fence. Well, I guess we just drove by a pavement roller but it's not near the rooms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter