Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, I have read this, but none of them have stated whether they were one of the peoples who also got a credit of 75$ a night off their resort ahead of time.

Ah, apologies, I read right over the "$75/night refund" and processed it as "gift card". The consensus I've read everywhere is that if you accepted the refund, you're ineligible for the gift card, and they have that noted on the specific reservations.

I was specifically told by a supervisor during that first week this all came about that the best offer they could give me was the 75.00 night refund and a gift card of 25.00 per night, I then received another email that said it would actually be 75.00 per night for the gc and that it would replace the 25.00 per night offer. They also gave me anytime fast passes which I had to call back and book in March-there was notation on my file, I called back and was able to book them. Hopefully they will honor their offer & communications to me. I have not seen any posts that suggest otherwise-are they on this forum?

I have two rooms with King Beds booked for my family at the end of November. A common review I have seen is that the rooms were in need of renovation. I know that some already have been. Does anybody know which areas (Aruba, Jamaica, etc.) have already been updated? Appreciate any help.

If this was asked already, I apologise. I know Preferred rooms used to be Martinique and part of Trinidad North ( Martinique (buildings 24, 25, and 26 only) and Trinidad North). With Martinique gone as part of the construction, what areas will Disney deem Preferred now? I am in booked in a standard pool view and I am hoping that standards don't get moved to Trinidad South. I also hope the construction makes the hotel quieter. I was sad to miss out on Free Dining but admittedly happy that people were moving to Value from Moderates which hopefully makes the resort even quieter (a bit selfish of me :) )

If this was asked already, I apologise. I know Preferred rooms used to be Martinique and part of Trinidad North ( Martinique (buildings 24, 25, and 26 only) and Trinidad North).

Like you stated, only half the buildings in Martinique had preferred rooms but EVERY building in Trinidad North has preferred rooms.

With Martinique gone as part of the construction, what areas will Disney deem Preferred now?

Actually, only Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are being removed. There were no Preferred rooms in these building.

I am in booked in a standard pool view and I am hoping that standards don't get moved to Trinidad South.

They will not. Every room in Trinidad South is a Pirate Themed room. With a Pool/Water View room booked you could be in Martinique 24, 25, 26, any building in Trinidad North, any building in Aruba, or any building in Jamaica. But definitely NOT in Trinidad South.

I also hope the construction makes the hotel quieter. I was sad to miss out on Free Dining but admittedly happy that people were moving to Value from Moderates which hopefully makes the resort even quieter (a bit selfish of me :) )

Let's hope so!

I was specifically told by a supervisor during that first week this all came about that the best offer they could give me was the 75.00 night refund and a gift card of 25.00 per night, I then received another email that said it would actually be 75.00 per night for the gc and that it would replace the 25.00 per night offer. They also gave me anytime fast passes which I had to call back and book in March-there was notation on my file, I called back and was able to book them. Hopefully they will honor their offer & communications to me. I have not seen any posts that suggest otherwise-are they on this forum?
This is what we were told also...we got fastpasses, $75 off our room per night and was also told $25 gift card upon check in so it will be interesting to see what happens

This is what we were told also...we got fastpasses, $75 off our room per night and was also told $25 gift card upon check in so it will be interesting to see what happens
What are your travel dates? We will be there later in May.

What are your travel dates? We will be there later in May.
June 4th...please let me know what they say, they cannot possibly offer you one thing on the phone then refuse to give you it when you get there, thats just not right.. good luck!

Last edited:
June 4th...please let me know what they say, they cannot possibly offer you one thing on the phone then refuse to give you it when you get there, thats just not right.. good luck!

We got the 75 per night credited to our account, then received the 25$/night email, followed by the updated 75$gc/night email. We are leaving Saturday/arriving Sunday. I will try to get back on here to let everyone know the outcome. Cheers!

We got the 75 per night credited to our account, then received the 25$/night email, followed by the updated 75$gc/night email. We are leaving Saturday/arriving Sunday. I will try to get back on here to let everyone know the outcome. Cheers!
Sounds like are at least a few of us that have the identical compensation!

That is how I feel! We have it confirmed in writing, they should be honoring it.

Wondering if anyone has experience with modifying reservations online. I have a 7 night stay in early September booked. Reservation was made during the free gift card offer. The new fall discount is available for my room type for the entire length of the stay. It comes up in the modify reservation screens online. If I were to modify my reservation online to apply the discount, would the reservation number remain the same? Yes, trying to apply a discount but still remain eligible for the gift card. I'm on hold to try and do this over the phone so I can clarify things, but wondering if I could do this online.

Wondering if anyone has experience with modifying reservations online. I have a 7 night stay in early September booked. Reservation was made during the free gift card offer. The new fall discount is available for my room type for the entire length of the stay. It comes up in the modify reservation screens online. If I were to modify my reservation online to apply the discount, would the reservation number remain the same? Yes, trying to apply a discount but still remain eligible for the gift card. I'm on hold to try and do this over the phone so I can clarify things, but wondering if I could do this online.
Yes we added a unique offer code then ended up changing to the free dining offer - our reservation # never changed and my TA confirmed we retain our GC.

It's so helpful to read something like this and be reminded of why I love Disney in such a positive manner. I think sometimes I tend to get bogged down by the negativity that can be found on the boards. Rather than sitting here worrying about how I might be impacted by the construction I am going to assume the best. If it turns out to be a problem, I will deal with it at the time. :)
:thumbsup2

I'm actually looking forward to getting down there next week and seeing everything Disney is doing to "make the best of a bad situation".

I think it will be very interesting to watch-I don't recall a WDW Resort having its Food Court,Merch Shop,Full Service Restaurant,Pool Bar down at the same time with major construction also happening and throw in a Gondola on top of that!lol:)

I also look for the CMs to be EXTREMELY nice and helpful to their Guests at CBR.

I'm looking at it as a unique "WDW Adventure"(and the best part of the Adventure will be a $600.00 GC!lol:)).

Do new reservations qualify for the gift cards? We are going in September. Sorry if this was asked before. Thanks

Yes we added a unique offer code then ended up changing to the free dining offer - our reservation # never changed and my TA confirmed we retain our GC.
Thanks. Good to know the reservation number stays the same. I managed to get through to a person after about 30 minutes and she confirmed that as long as the initial reservation was made prior to the 20th (it was), that changes wouldn't affect gift card eligibility. So, we are still getting the $75 per night gift card and the promotion is saving us another $50 per night. Feeling pretty pleased with this reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter