• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

And yet we've gotten our requests granted 10 out of 11 times at CBR. :confused3
More evidence that there is little anyone can do in regards to their requests. I do think the room assigners try to fill them if they can. I think the best anyone can do is keep their requests as broad as possible, to give the assigners the highest number of available rooms to fill the request. The more specific the request the harder it is to fill. Sometimes there just isn't anything they can do. Granted, there is also a few that probably get lost in the shuffle

More evidence that there is little anyone can do in regards to their requests. I do think the room assigners try to fill them if they can. I think the best anyone can do is keep their requests as broad as possible, to give the assigners the highest number of available rooms to fill the request. The more specific the request the harder it is to fill. Sometimes there just isn't anything they can do. Granted, there is also a few that probably get lost in the shuffle

Exactly.

Speaking of room requests, I want to do my online check-in and be done with it (I do not recommend the third party headache, even for a steep discount).

I am requesting Martinique (Jamaica and Aruba were not options), and I want to know what paddock means? The only info I can find is for SS.

Speaking of room requests, I want to do my online check-in and be done with it (I do not recommend the third party headache, even for a steep discount).

I am requesting Martinique (Jamaica and Aruba were not options), and I want to know what paddock means? The only info I can find is for SS.
It means there is a glitch on MDE. It doesn't exist at CBR

We arrive on Saturday, just 6 days from now! I called with a request to be near the main pool, for convenience in using drink mugs as well as pool, store, and food.

We really prefer POR for the boat ride and Yehaa Bob, but CBR was much cheaper. We have stayed at both before. Although the style of the resorts differ, I think the overall appearance is in the same class. I don't think the construction will be a problem in early April.

I don't have any questions for the group, I'm just excited to be heading to WDW with my wonderful twin teen daughters (adopted from Colombia 1-1/2 years ago).

I will never understand why the pools aren't open later. Seems like the pool hours fit right inside the park hours. Would be so nice if they stayed open until midnight so the kids could at least get a quick dip in before bed after the parks. Oh well.

We arrive on Saturday, just 6 days from now! I called with a request to be near the main pool, for convenience in using drink mugs as well as pool, store, and food.

We really prefer POR for the boat ride and Yehaa Bob, but CBR was much cheaper. We have stayed at both before. Although the style of the resorts differ, I think the overall appearance is in the same class. I don't think the construction will be a problem in early April.

I don't have any questions for the group, I'm just excited to be heading to WDW with my wonderful twin teen daughters (adopted from Colombia 1-1/2 years ago).
We arrive on Sunday. Enjoy your trip.

I will never understand why the pools aren't open later. Seems like the pool hours fit right inside the park hours. Would be so nice if they stayed open until midnight so the kids could at least get a quick dip in before bed after the parks. Oh well.
I couldn't agree with you more. up until a few years back, the pools were open all hours. but no lifeguards.the rule was swimming at your own risk allowed but be quiet. usually people were respectful, but there were some groups who were loud... one noght I could NOT sleep cause my hubby would NOT stop snoring!!! lol there was nowhere for me to go.. so I dragged a couple pillows and a blankie and pulled 2 loungers tegether at the bowling pin pool at pop century and slept for a few hours. there were a couple ladies lying on loungers with blankies quietly talking when I got there. about 1 am a dad and his 2 kids came down from their 2nd floor room to swim.. yes I heard them.. but they were pretty quiet. about 4 am the gulls'crows woke me CAW CAW!!!!

I went back to the room and hubby never even knew I was gone! lol too bad we couldnt go back to those days. yes, some groups were way too loud (happened to us once during pop warner at all star sports. the group was warned, you can swim, just keep it down. the pool was shut down.)
but I think the pools should be open till acouple hours after park closing.. but I think it is a new florida law and disney has no say in that?

Last edited:
I couldn't agree with you more. up until a few years back, the pools were open all hours. but no lifeguards.the rule was swimming at your own risk allowed but be quiet. usually people were respectful, but there were some groups who were loud... one noght I could NOT sleep cause my hubby would NOT stop snoring!!! lol there was nowhere for me to go.. so I dragged a couple pillows and a blankie and pulled 2 loungers tegether at the bowling pin pool at pop century and slept for a few hours. there were a couple ladies lying on loungers with blankies quietly talking when I got there. about 1 am a dad and his 2 kids came down from their 2nd floor room to swim.. yes I heard them.. but they were pretty quiet. about 4 am the gulls'crows woke me CAW CAW!!!!

I went back to the room and hubby never even knew I was gone! lol too bad we couldnt go back to those days. yes, some groups were way too loud (happened to us once during pop warner at all star sports. the group was warned, you can swim, just keep it down. the pool was shut down.)
but I think the pools should be open till acouple hours after park closing.. but I think it is a new florida law and disney has so say in that?
The fencing is a new FL law (well, newish now, Disney got grandfathered in for a few years)
But for the most part, for now, the pools designated as quiet pools are open 24 hours. They have no life guards at any time so their a bit different than the main/feature pool, which does have hours of operation. So there should be nothing that prevents you from doing what you did should you need to.

The problem with requesting Martininque is it's probably the most requested village and then when you add in that 3 of the 6 buildings are for preferred booking only. The odds of getting Martinique is much more smaller then anywhere else. We just got back and received both of our requests of ground floor and either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 not facing a parking lot.
We actually requested Jamaica and aruba for our honey moon because we thot most of Martinique was preferred and thats exaclty where they placed us, Martinique :)

@Moocabn2258 @amytaylor2
And anyone else who received a complimentary resort switch:

I received a complimentary resort switch from CBR to a 2 BR at SSR. Today my TA was able to apply the Family Summer Magic Offer to my package. She did have to switch me from the old Water Park Fun and More Tickets to Park Hoppers Plus, but even after that upgrade factored in, she saved me over $1800. This is a savings off of my original CBR price that was transferred over, so I was able to retain that "discounted" rate as well get the promo applied. It's not as great of a discount as free dining, but for me it covers about half the cost of the dining plan and it's great to have some sort of discount in case my resort and dates don't work for free dining.

I wanted to keep you all updated though, in case anybody else wanted to apply one of these promotions. It also gives me more confidence that when/ if free dining comes out (and of course the right resorts/dates are included), it should be no problem to add that while retaining the CBR complimentary resort switch price. New ticket prices will apply though if you add a future discount.

@Moocabn2258 @amytaylor2

I received a complimentary resort switch from CBR to a 2 BR at SSR. Today my TA was able to apply the Family Summer Magic Offer to my package. She did have to switch me from the old Water Park Fun and More Tickets to Park Hoppers Plus, but even after that upgrade factored in, she saved me over $1800. This is a savings off of my original CBR price that was transferred over, so I was able to retain that "discounted" rate as well get the promo applied. It's not as great of a discount as free dining, but for me it covers about half the cost of the dining plan and it's great to have some sort of discount in case my resort and dates don't work for free dining.

I wanted to keep you all updated though, in case anybody else wanted to apply one of these promotions. It also gives me more confidence that when/ if free dining comes out (and of course the right resorts/dates are included), it should be no problem to add that while retaining the CBR complimentary resort switch price. New ticket prices will apply though if you add a future discount.

Thank you thank you thank you! Appreciate the update!!! :yay: pixiedust:

@Moocabn2258 @amytaylor2

That's great news! Makes me feel much better in my hopes of free dining. Thanks for the update!!

Does anyone have any details on shipping an item to Caribbean Beach resort? What address should I use? Do I have to put attn. to anyone in particular?

ETA: Never mind me. I see there is a whooooooooooooooole thread about this! Sorry all.

When I booked my reservation over the phone originally, I asked the CM if we can retroactively use the gift cards towards my package price and receive a refund. She indicated that this would be the case. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

@Moocabn2258 @amytaylor2

$1800 off your original price when staying at CBR? Were you in 1 bedroom or 2 at CBR? I posted to you in another thread as well. Great deal! Happy for you!!

Last edited:
I want to update that the crane looking vehicles I saw were for roof cleaning and not construction. I saw them up on these crane lifts cleaning this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter