Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm a little surprised by yesterday's announcement. What about all the other construction at CBR that people are speculating on? Are they going to redo center town and then tear down building for a hi rise building? Both at the same time? Guess time will tell!

It's probably too early to tell, but will the re imagining affect the pirate rooms at all? I'm hoping not, they are my favorite rooms.
It's probably too early to tell, but will the re imagining affect the pirate rooms at all? I'm hoping not, they are my favorite rooms.
So funny, I totally misinterpreted where they were starting and thought they were BEGINNING with the pirate rooms...
Now I see the plans, it makes it visual...

Hi Everybody!!
I have been reading the posts regarding the new construction and I am somewhat worried.
Our vacation will be from March 10 until March 19. That is in exactly 3 weeks from today (Friday February 17th).

Do you think the new construction will start anytime soon?

I don’t want to stay in a resort in which I can see cranes, bulldozers, fences obstructing the view, etc. (Remember the last Polynesian update)
In past posts someone suggested (I think it was @dansdad) construction wouldn’t start until May 2017, but that was before they announced the official expansion.

Thank you very much and best regards!!

Last edited:
Hi Everybody!!
I have been reading the posts regarding the new construction and I am somewhat worried.
Our vacation starts from March 10 until March 19. That is in exactly 3 weeks from today (Friday February 17th).

I don’t want to stay in a resort in which I can see cranes, bulldozers, fences obstructing the view, etc. (Remember the last Polynesian update)
In past posts someone suggested (I think it was @dansdad) construction wouldn’t start until May 2017, but that was before they announced the official expansion.

As of now, construction still not slated to start until May.

Hi Everybody!!
Our vacation starts from March 10 until March 19. That is in exactly 3 weeks from today (Friday February 17th).

Will be there may 9-18. Looking to request Jamaica or Aruba

Well unfortunately my wife was extremely upset about all the construction going on, and we decided as we booked a preferred room to be near the pool and centre town, and staying for 14 nights we felt this wasn't going to work for us as it's a real shame, but ringing the Disney U.K. Travel people they were well aware of the construction and weren't surprised we wanted to swap, and they did say the construction around centertown was going to be fairly disruptive. We were heading out end oct through November, the long and short of it is ending up at POFQ, can't say I'm disappointed, it is what is and as long as we have a great holiday as a family that's the main thing. Hope everyone one else manages to sort the scenario that's best for them.

Well unfortunately my wife was extremely upset about all the construction going on, and we decided as we booked a preferred room to be near the pool and centre town, and staying for 14 nights we felt this wasn't going to work for us as it's a real shame, but ringing the Disney U.K. Travel people they were well aware of the construction and weren't surprised we wanted to swap, and they did say the construction around centertown was going to be fairly disruptive. We were heading out end oct through November, the long and short of it is ending up at POFQ, can't say I'm disappointed, it is what is and as long as we have a great holiday as a family that's the main thing. Hope everyone one else manages to sort the scenario that's best for them.

Were you able to get POFQ for the same price as CBR? We have 8 nights booked at CBR in late May at the Fun & Sun package rate. We are very concerned about the construction.

Last edited:
Will be there may 9-18. Looking to request Jamaica or Aruba
Our reservation is RO with the sun and fun discount. I want to surprise my wife with this mod resort stay for our 25th anniversary. It will be a real shame if construction issues affect our overall experience. Am I overreacting about possible issues with construction or should I start thinking of another resort? We cannot afford to stay at more than a moderate and our current nightly average is only $178 with the current sun and fun discount, so I do have concerns about comparible pricing.

We were thinking of going for a long weekend the end of May - do you think construction will be that bad since its supposed to start in May? Are they tearing Old Port Royale down? What will CBR do about food? I'm going to miss those outdoor tables and outdoor bar.

We also were planning on April 2018 school vacation week but not now - construction will be in full swing then. Have to look elsewhere. So sad........CBR is my favorite.

Copied from Touring Plans, don't know their source

CSR-1-700x578.png

Did touring plans remove their image? I saw it last night and now it's gone.

We were thinking of going for a long weekend the end of May - do you think construction will be that bad since its supposed to start in May? Are they tearing Old Port Royale down? What will CBR do about food? I'm going to miss those outdoor tables and outdoor bar.

That is exactly what I want to know. Will they be tearing down Old Port Royale. We have the QS dining plan and planned on using the CBR food court a lot. A makeshift food court would not be the same thing at all.

That is exactly what I want to know. Will they be tearing down Old Port Royale. We have the QS dining plan and planned on using the CBR food court a lot. A makeshift food court would not be the same thing at all.

There was an image on this board yesterday but now it's gone - a plan of the new construction. (if that's a true plan or just fake) But I couldn't tell if they were just adding on (where the outdoor tables and bar are located - where they show the outdoor movies) a new building or are they tearing down existing and rebuilding. If they are just adding on then that will keep the food court. Right? But if they close off that area for construction then no walking across the bridge? Since you get off the bridge right behind the bar. When the bridge was closed - they had those pontoon shuttle boats and we had to step into the water to get on them - can't do that anymore with the gator fences!

Were you able to get POFQ for the same price as CBR? We have 8 nights booked at CBR in late May at the Fun & Sun package rate. We are very concerned about the construction.
We are in a U.K. Package with free dining, and we had to pay more, not ideal but that's all that was left, we had initially swapped to pop century, but we just weren't happy with the decision, it wasn't the holiday we wanted, so we asked to see if there was anything at POFQ,and luckily there was, tbh I was very reluctant to increase the bill more, but we it's my little boys 1st Disney visit so we wanted to make it as perfect as we could. We were told their was explicitly no compensation whatsoever, but the price in the end seemed good as we have a pool view room.

While I know it's all speculation at this time right now, we are planning on booking for the end of September and I'm really worried about the construction. I wish it had already started and there was a plan out so we could decide whether or not to stay there.... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter