Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

You know? I am leaving a dark, chilly, rainy Ohio and will be in the Carribean (Beach Hotel) in just over 24 hours. I am not going to worry about a stinky room. It is all gonna be good!
It is dark and chilly...and still raining to beat heck in Ohio...and much of the same forecast for tomorrow. Enjoy your time at CBR...I'll keep you advised on Ohio weather from a first-hand perspective. 8-)

It is dark and chilly...and still raining to beat heck in Ohio...and much of the same forecast for tomorrow. Enjoy your time at CBR...I'll keep you advised on Ohio weather from a first-hand perspective. 8-)

Thanks Kevin lol. I have to say this cold rainy Ohio weather is making my trip to Florida so much better. I told my daughter that if it is raining in Florida it won't be this cold at least! It is more dramatic to leave this cold rainy yuck behind to emerge in sunny Florida.

I originally requested Jamaica 45, but once the AFS was released our reservation was changed and the only thing available was preferred rooms. Would you request Trinidad North 31 or Martinique 26? Which building/s in Martinique were/are the ones with reports of moldy/smoke smell?

I originally requested Jamaica 45, but once the AFS was released our reservation was changed and the only thing available was preferred rooms.

I have to ask, what is AFS?

Would you request Trinidad North 31 or Martinique 26?

Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are all closer to OPR and the Main Feature Pool than Trinidad North 31 is. So any one of those are great.

Which building/s in Martinique were/are the ones with reports of moldy/smoke smell?

It was in 24 but that particular room has been taken out of service and getting a deep, deep clean. Like in replacing the carpet, new bedding, etc. The right person(s) found out about it.

Standard and Preferred Rooms with pull down bed

All of the following pictures were taken by Bama-C

I am in the process of making a list of the rooms with a pull down bed. And, thanks to @SPOERLX3 for the help in compiling the list from fellow Disers who post their room numbers. So far, the following rooms have been reported as having them.

Rooms with Murphy beds at CBR

Trinidad North:

Aruba:

Jamaica

4405 (corner room) & 4406 (connecting too)
4529 & 4530 (connecting too)
4627 (accessible room)

Martinique
2240 (corner room)
2311 (has a pull down bed and connects to 2312) standard view

2637 (has a pull-down and connects to 2638)

Barbados
1245 & 1246 (connecting too)

Barbados 1133 has a murphy bed. No connecting room though.

I have to ask, what is AFS?

The Armed Forces Salute. It is Disney's amazing military discount. Sorry, I was used to using the abbreviation on a military planning board I'm on.

Also, thanks for the info about Martinique and Trinidad North!

Ok. All is good! We are in Martinique room 2427. It is a clean smelling first floor room and FYI it has the extra little pull down bed. We got our room ready text several hours before we were due to arrive. It is very close to the bus stop too! So glad I put my worries away.

On the down side the bus was full and I have to stand with my Walker on the bus because it is packed full.

When you get a Text with your room how do you know from the room # if it is ground floor or not? Sorry if this has been asked.

Thanks Kevin lol. I have to say this cold rainy Ohio weather is making my trip to Florida so much better. I told my daughter that if it is raining in Florida it won't be this cold at least! It is more dramatic to leave this cold rainy yuck behind to emerge in sunny Florida.
It is Friday @ 9:09 AM...it is still raining in Central Ohio...but the sun is trying to peek out. It is 62 degrees. I hope the weather in WDW is better. Bring some sun back with you on your return to Ohio.

Got a text our room is ready. Jamaica building 43. I'm a little worried about the walk to the food court. I, like everyone I'm sure, had requested building 45.

It is Friday @ 9:09 AM...it is still raining in Central Ohio...but the sun is trying to peek out. It is 62 degrees. I hope the weather in WDW is better. Bring some sun back with you on your return to Ohio.

Thanks so much! Haven't been on here much because I have been so busy! We had a downpour when ready to go into Fantasmic - like buckets of rain on Friday evening. It passed quickly. Saturday just sprinkles but Sunday night was a gully washer - we were at the Star Wars dessert party and it started raining and just increased in intensity. We left the party and got back to back toy story rides (same car) just before park closed. We went to the busses with all th rained out Fantasmic and fireworks crowd. The Carribean beach bus line went from bus stop 5 all the way down past two and by the end probably 3 bus stops. Everyone was standing in the pouring rain. It took a bit over an hour to get on a bus. The good thing was it was a warm rain so we were not freezing like we would have been in Ohio.

Martinique 2256 has no Murphy bed. Is a corner connecting room with two beds. I thought they were queens but seem to be too small so I'm going with full

It also overlooks the lagoon on one window and the courtyard walkway out the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter