Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just did the same at the POLY!! we were booked again at CBR and switched when we got a great deal at poly. It was my dream resort and we found ourselves wishing we wouldn't have switched. I walked into captain cooks and was wishing I had that huge selection at OPR and the fun activities at dinner time. Had to hike to the 1 laundry room, lugging my dirty clothes and pop up hamper through the great ceremonial house packed with people. While the monorail was super convienient, all the other parks were so far- I swear we were on the bus for a half hour to Disney springs after also picking up GF people too. I booked bounceback at CBR next year. It's still my favorite.

Yes! DH usually isn't super picky, but even he agrees that CBR is better. I know they're pretty equal in amenities, but CBR is just so much nicer in our opinions!!! Glad you have your BB booked!! Have a great time!

Yes! DH usually isn't super picky, but even he agrees that CBR is better. I know they're pretty equal in amenities, but CBR is just so much nicer in our opinions!!! Glad you have your BB booked!! Have a great time!
We wanted to stay at CBR for years, but didn't because of reviews. So it was the last moderate we tried, and fell in love with it!! DH won't even let me consider POR or CSR at all after trying CBR. I don't see us staying anywhere else from now on. We did discover that we are NOT deluxe people- which is great for my budget.:rotfl:Have a great trip. Enjoy that boat to Disney springs- it's really nice.

I'm curious. Did you have a package booked and then add on a day to the front of your trip? If so, did you book the same room category for both?

This is what I did. I had my package booked and then found better/cheaper flights if I went a day earlier. I booked a room-only in the same category and was hoping we wouldn't have to change rooms. Did you have to go to the front desk to check out/check in again? TIA!

We added an extra day at the beginning of our trip. Our package was a standard room but our room only night was water view. I originally booked the same category but then a great deal came out that saved me $103 by switching to water view. I did ask about staying in the same room but it wasn't possible since they were booked to capacity and we had different categories booked. since I had done online check in I did not have to do anything the next morning, my dining plan and tickets were available right away and I got a text when my new room was ready. It was very smooth.

Hi, we have just booked CBR for August 2017 from the UK but given a few things we have read want to check we have made the right choice. We had a choice between Coronado Springs and CBR and chose CBR as we had already stayed at Coronado and wanted to try something different. Can anyone advise which of the two is best for a 12 and 10 year old? Also we have booked a preferred room as our travel agent told us that the resort was so big it was essential and also the rooms have pull down beds (we had a rollaway at CSR). Is that the case? Finally our biggest concern is the buses. When we were at CSR we used buses all the time and they were really efficient, but have read some comments that at CBR the wait times and journey times are much longer - is that the case.

Sorry for lots of questions but only have a short period if we want to change our mind. Thanks for any help!
If you have 5 people you will get a Murphy bed. Some rooms are a 10 min walk to the main pool. We were in Martinique 23 which isn't preferred and it was maybe 5 min. The pool is fantastic with 2 slides. I have not stayed at CSR however.
We had no problems with the buses, Epcot, Hollywood studios and downtown Disney is 10 min or less. Magic kingdom is about 20. I can't remember how long to animal kingdom. My girls are 16 and 11. The 11 year old really enjoyed it.

Have the Pirate rooms been refurbished. Just curious if the mattresses are still the thin ones like before (Love the rooms though and won't hesitate to stay there and will be staying again next year if things work out.) But can't say I wouldn't enjoy a thicker mattress either lol.

Have the Pirate rooms been refurbished. Just curious if the mattresses are still the thin ones like before (Love the rooms though and won't hesitate to stay there and will be staying again next year if things work out.) But can't say I wouldn't enjoy a thicker mattress either lol.

Yes, the Pirate Themed Rooms have been refurbished. The beds are still doubles, but the new mattresses have been getting good reviews.

Hi, we have just booked CBR for August 2017 from the UK but given a few things we have read want to check we have made the right choice. We had a choice between Coronado Springs and CBR and chose CBR as we had already stayed at Coronado and wanted to try something different. Can anyone advise which of the two is best for a 12 and 10 year old?

CBR is our favorite Moderate by far and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. Your kids are going to love the Main Feature pool.

Also we have booked a preferred room as our travel agent told us that the resort was so big it was essential and also the rooms have pull down beds (we had a rollaway at CSR). Is that the case?

Your travel agent gave you some bad information. While CBR is large, it is definitely not essential to book a preferred room. But that's not as bad as telling you that all Preferred rooms have a Murphy Bed as some do but some don't. The rooms with the Murphy Bed are sprinkled around in every building except for Trinidad South where the Pirate Themed Rooms are located.

Finally our biggest concern is the buses. When we were at CSR we used buses all the time and they were really efficient, but have read some comments that at CBR the wait times and journey times are much longer - is that the case.

No, that has not been the case for us and we've spent a total of 55 nights at CBR. CBR is located right smack dab in the middle of WDW so it is not far from anything. The wait times are no better or worse than at any other WDW resort.

I understand your concerns/questions though as before our first stay at CBR we were very concerned about some of the reviews we read. I must say ever since that first stay at CBR we don't want to stay anywhere else. And we have stayed at almost all the WDW resorts. We feel we would have definitely missed out if we had not given it a chance.

We added an extra day at the beginning of our trip. Our package was a standard room but our room only night was water view. I originally booked the same category but then a great deal came out that saved me $103 by switching to water view. I did ask about staying in the same room but it wasn't possible since they were booked to capacity and we had different categories booked. since I had done online check in I did not have to do anything the next morning, my dining plan and tickets were available right away and I got a text when my new room was ready. It was very smooth.

Thanks a bunch! I got a UOC that I could have used on a water view for my add-on day, but I'd read on this thread that I'd have a better chance of not having to move if I booked the same category for both. I can't wait for my first stay at CBR!

We have a couple of PPO ressies and would love to know what time you were at the bus stop to insure you got there in time. We will have my 82 yr old mama with us this trip and we want to make sure we allow plenty of time without missing the bus :goodvibes

Sure.
On Sunday 9/11 we had a ppo @ CRT. We made it to the bus stop about 6:45. We were in line to be first into the park at 7:05 or so. Was awesome not having anyone in front of us for those first steps down main street.

On Tuesday 9/13 we had a ppo @ Tusker. This one we were closer to 7:00 at the bus stop and the bus arrived about 7:25. By the time we made our way over to Tusker and got in line for check in it was about 7:55. They took their time doing check in and didn't start letting people in until 8:15.

Friday 9/16 was our last ppo @ Akershus. We did get to the bus stop around 7:00 and were in line to get let in @ Epcot around 7:30. Waited until 7:45 for the jog down to Norway. Frozen wasn't open after breakfast though, that was a bummer.

Sure.
On Sunday 9/11 we had a ppo @ CRT. We made it to the bus stop about 6:45. We were in line to be first into the park at 7:05 or so. Was awesome not having anyone in front of us for those first steps down main street.

On Tuesday 9/13 we had a ppo @ Tusker. This one we were closer to 7:00 at the bus stop and the bus arrived about 7:25. By the time we made our way over to Tusker and got in line for check in it was about 7:55. They took their time doing check in and didn't start letting people in until 8:15.

Friday 9/16 was our last ppo @ Akershus. We did get to the bus stop around 7:00 and were in line to get let in @ Epcot around 7:30. Waited until 7:45 for the jog down to Norway. Frozen wasn't open after breakfast though, that was a bummer.
Thank you so much for the great info!
We have an 8am at TH, and an 8am at CRT. I think, since we will have a wheelchair, we will shoot for a 6:45 bus stop time just to be safe.

looking for some guidance ... trying to decide between YC and CBR We love YC but I really do not want to spend that much $$ since we are staying for 10 nights this trip. We will be there Jan 19th-29th Will we be disappointed, our main reason for choosing YC is the walkability to DHS and EP. We are quiet pool people so as much as we love stormalong Bay we won't miss it much. I'm also concerned with the size of the convertible couch/bed in YC vs CBRs Murphy bed. My 6'1" 14yr old plans on sleeping on it or a inflatable bed I bring; can we get a roll away? Thanks in advice for any insight

Disfriends, I have a couple of questions that I am hoping you can help with.

1. We are all adults in our room but my credit card it the one on the reservation. Is it possible to set up seperate credit cards on each magic band? If so, is there anywhere at the resort that we can go to when we arrive to set that up?
  2. If we purchase something at the parks and want to have it shipped back to the resort, where would we pick up our purchase once it gets to CBR? Would it be Customs House or somewhere inside OPR?

Thank you in advance! :disrocks:

looking for some guidance ... trying to decide between YC and CBR We love YC but I really do not want to spend that much $$ since we are staying for 10 nights this trip. We will be there Jan 19th-29th Will we be disappointed, our main reason for choosing YC is the walkability to DHS and EP. We are quiet pool people so as much as we love stormalong Bay we won't miss it much. I'm also concerned with the size of the convertible couch/bed in YC vs CBRs Murphy bed. My 6'1" 14yr old plans on sleeping on it or a inflatable bed I bring; can we get a roll away? Thanks in advice for any insight
How many are going? At 6'1", your son will not be comfortable on the Murphy Bed. I believe that it is 5.5 feet long. If you have 3 or less, then a standard room at CBR, which is 2 queen beds, will work fine.

1. We are all adults in our room but my credit card it the one on the reservation. Is it possible to set up seperate credit cards on each magic band? If so, is there anywhere at the resort that we can go to when we arrive to set that up?
  2. If we purchase something at the parks and want to have it shipped back to the resort, where would we pick up our purchase once it gets to CBR? Would it be Customs House or somewhere inside OPR?

1. I don't believe so. The credit card on the band is the one that you give them...maybe have your party buy WDW gift cards prior to going.

2. Our stuff was shipped back to our room if I remember correctly.

How many are going? At 6'1", your son will not be comfortable on the Murphy Bed. I believe that it is 5.5 feet long. If you have 3 or less, then a standard room at CBR, which is 2 queen beds, will work fine.
5 total and everyone is 5'11" or taller We know that no matter where we stay its going to be tight.... we are a family that only sleeps in their room I guess we better bring an inflatable mattress. :scared1:

5 total and everyone is 5'11" or taller We know that no matter where we stay its going to be tight.... we are a family that only sleeps in their room I guess we better bring an inflatable mattress. :scared1:
My youngest is 6'1" and likes sleeping on the floor...we just order an extra 2-3 blankets and pillows and all is well.

1. Yes it is. However, apparently it is not an easy thing for the Front Desk CM to do correctly. But it can be done. Once you have it set up, I highly suggest everyone go over to the Gift Shop and purchase something inexpensive using their MBs. Then head over to the Concierge desk right outside the Gift Shop and ask for a print out of the charges to make sure everyone's purchase went to the correct CC. It is SO much easier to straighten it out then as opposed to when the trip is done and you find out all the purchases went to your CC. Twice out of the 5 times we had multiple CC's it wasn't done right but once we got it straightened out it was perfect for the entire trip.

2. You would pick up your purchases in the Gift Shop at OPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter