Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We spent 5 nights at CSR last week, and we liked it well enough, but we learned that we are definitely CBR people. I know the question comes up from time to time of which of the two is better. I can't point to any one thing, there was nothing wrong with CSR, we didn't have a bad experience, we just like CBR much better.

We spent 5 nights at CSR last week, and we liked it well enough, but we learned that we are definitely CBR people. I know the question comes up from time to time of which of the two is better. I can't point to any one thing, there was nothing wrong with CSR, we didn't have a bad experience, we just like CBR much better.

Haven't tried CSR, and really don't have a desire to, but we feel the same way about POR and POFQ. Nothing "wrong" with either of them, but we just feel CBR is a notch above both in many areas.

We've stayed at CSR, POR and CBR -- no desire to stay at POFQ -- same as you both said @dansdad and @bigbabyblues, there is something more about CBR than the others to us. Almost feels like we are truly in the Caribbean and not a Disney facsimile.

Tom

We've stayed at the cabins once because we had 3 teen-age boys and CBR did not have the sleep 5 option. Doing AoA this August because we are taking my 80 year-old mom and my oldest son, but did not want 1 room and did not want 2 rooms...the Suites sleep 6 and she(mom) will be close enough by that we can look in oh her, but far enough away that we will have our own space.

We are going to CBR in February next year though...just the wife and I.

We have stayed at CSR a few times. It's a beautiful resort, but it doesn't feel like "home" to us. Other than the food court :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: at CSR there was nothing worth complaining about. Our stays were always great and the staff was wonderful, but it was missing something.....

My opinion as well! StarBucks is quite bitter. Seem they take low end beans and way over roast them to compensate. The result is burned bitter aftertaste. I to like a few of their holiday coffees. Hoping Joffrey's is decent coffee.
Will let you know:thumbsup2

well we are back... as as suspected we didnt get any requests nor did we get a waterview that we payed for. We are currently still trying to get a refund for the difference of a standard room. The CMs at the front desk were horrible about it too. Im disappointed I have to say again about the whole thing. Housekeeping was bad/non existant, we had to change rooms 3 times because of bad smell..wet floor and other things. We were finally put at the back of the resort in a disabled room which we took as we were tired of moving. I would love to say this is just a run of bad luck but this has been us the past three times we have stayed here and I think we are finally saying enough is enough. My son cut his toe on some trash in the small pool at Aruba plus we had the usual bag of sheets and trash in front of our room for 3 days. I say 3 days as the 4th day I took the bags and put them in the middle of the walkway/path so they would have to pick it up. We did enjoy the parks, food court was good and kids still had fun but I cant help but think there are better hotels out there that treat guests a bit better.. Sorry guys..I wish I could tell you something better but it was what it was. Good Luck to all that are going this year and hope you dont have the same experience. :(

well we are back... as as suspected we didnt get any requests nor did we get a waterview that we payed for. We are currently still trying to get a refund for the difference of a standard room. The CMs at the front desk were horrible about it too. Im disappointed I have to say again about the whole thing. Housekeeping was bad/non existant, we had to change rooms 3 times because of bad smell..wet floor and other things. We were finally put at the back of the resort in a disabled room which we took as we were tired of moving. I would love to say this is just a run of bad luck but this has been us the past three times we have stayed here and I think we are finally saying enough is enough. My son cut his toe on some trash in the small pool at Aruba plus we had the usual bag of sheets and trash in front of our room for 3 days. I say 3 days as the 4th day I took the bags and put them in the middle of the walkway/path so they would have to pick it up. We did enjoy the parks, food court was good and kids still had fun but I cant help but think there are better hotels out there that treat guests a bit better.. Sorry guys..I wish I could tell you something better but it was what it was. Good Luck to all that are going this year and hope you dont have the same experience. :(

So sorry this happened to you! I hope you get a refund of the difference since you paid extra for the water view room.

I wonder what's up with all the rooms smelling bad? our last trip we had to move from a room smelling like smoke and the next room smelled too like mold or mildew or something. And that room deodorant spray they use makes it worse. Our room this time was ok but still had a faint smell. Our eyes were so red and bloodshot and my right eye swelled looked like I had a black eye. A lot of people are reporting their rooms smelled bad. We never had a problem before staying here but the last couple years it's been really bad smelling rooms. And people are reporting it all over the resort not just one village. What is up?? They were all refurbished is it bad air conditioning units or are people just smoking in the rooms now? Old smells? Our neighbor was smoking right outside our window right on our air vent. I wonder if the other resorts have this problem?

pktbMouse, I am so sad to read this and I hate it that you had such a horrible experience. It really scares me for our trip in September/October since we will have my 82 yr old mama with us and it would be really tough for us to have to move multiple times. We have always stayed value (except once in 1991 at CBR) and never had anything but wonderful experiences.

Would you mind sharing your room numbers that you were assigned and had to move from also do you remember if any of these rooms had the Murphy bed? I know that Mickeystoontown is trying to keep the original post updated with the Murphy bed rooms.

Hopefully you have contacted Disney and they will make it right for you.

I just wondering why they don't do a quiet pool (big pool) near the pirate rooms and/or make them two sections. Or make a club and make it a moderate club resort that you can enter via the club .

We are booked for 16-23 December, for our first trip to CBR, previously stayed at POFQ and Beach Club, loved both, but really wanted Moderate and Free dining this time.

I have to be honest, little freaked out about the transportation stories, we booked a preferred room to mitigate that, but ended up adding a King room (all that was left).
Our party size is two adults and two teenagers in group 1, and two twentysomethings in second group, so no strollers or youngsters to worry about.

With that in mind, what would be the best preferred room building to ask for, to try and coordinate the request to stay somewhat close together? to maximize ease of transportation, Or alternatively, they are young, should I even worry about it?

Thanks for all the great info, looking forward to CBR

We are booked for 16-23 December, for our first trip to CBR, previously stayed at POFQ and Beach Club, loved both, but really wanted Moderate and Free dining this time.

I have to be honest, little freaked out about the transportation stories, we booked a preferred room to mitigate that, but ended up adding a King room (all that was left).
Our party size is two adults and two teenagers in group 1, and two twentysomethings in second group, so no strollers or youngsters to worry about.

With that in mind, what would be the best preferred room building to ask for, to try and coordinate the request to stay somewhat close together? to maximize ease of transportation, Or alternatively, they are young, should I even worry about it?

Every village has its own bus stop so you'll never be more than 1-2 minutes from one no matter where you are.

Other than exterior color there's really no difference in the buildings that have preferred rooms.

Preferred rooms are located in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26. Those buildings also have king rooms. I would call the main reservation line and ask the phone CM to link the 2 reservations as traveling with. Then make a request for each reservation to be close to each other.

Last trip we never waited at cbr more than 10 minutes for a bus. I think the longest wait was 10 minutes and that was for the typhoon lagoon Disney springs bus. You won't need to worry about the buses. :)

Does anyone decorate their hotel room windows at this resort? This will be our first trip there and I have planned a cute decoration scheme and even made a sign to hang in the window. All to be put up with suction cups and not tape so it's easy to remove.

Does anyone decorate their hotel room windows at this resort? This will be our first trip there and I have planned a cute decoration scheme and even made a sign to hang in the window. All to be put up with suction cups and not tape so it's easy to remove.

Around a holiday, definitely. The last couple of years we have gone over Halloween and see plenty of Halloween decorations. We have seen some decorations during other times too. Just not as much. But decorate away!

Yay! So glad to hear that. Thanks so much. We didn't spring for the pirate room because it was an extra $40 a night and to be cramped in full beds didn't make sense so we thought this would be a little magic and fun to add to our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter