Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

For those of you getting the discount, what are your travel dates? 4/21-4/27 for us. First, my TA was told we could move or get the credit. When she called to get the credit, she was told it was only for people traveling May 1st or later.
Thats because they are not starting the refurb until May 1st. You will not encounter any disruption if its not even started yet.

Wondering the same thing. We have two weeks booked on a free dining bounce back for August 12th through the 24th. Would really love it if there was just some info on what would actually be being done during that time frame.

We're booked on a free dining bounce back for 12/9-12/16 and I'm curious if they're treated the same way because POR was excluded from that offer. I guess we'll take the credit if we have to but we'do REALLY rather be moved because things have changed and we'll have a new baby by then and having real food options at our resort will be important vs schlepping all 5 of us plus our junk for every meal. Hoping for a chance to call this weekend, I guess.

Seems like some people getting more satisfactory answers than others. Also seems that all depends on the CM u get on the phone

For those of you getting the discount, what are your travel dates? 4/21-4/27 for us. First, my TA was told we could move or get the credit. When she called to get the credit, she was told it was only for people traveling May 1st or later.

If you arrive and they have started or start during your trip, if your dining plans are disrupted or there is unacceptable noise levels ... go to the front desk and ask for remediation. Front desk can absolutely help you. If it hasn't started, great!!

When I arrived at POP for a 11 day trip to no fridge, I went straight to the front desk and told them I wanted a credit and I would be going to Walmart to buy a mini-fridge. They credited me $15 per day for my stay, $165, way more than the fridge cost. I knew about it in advance, I knew they credited some not others, I was determined I would not be left holding the bag.

If you arrive and they have started or start during your trip, if your dining plans are disrupted or there is unacceptable noise levels ... go to the front desk and ask for remediation. Front desk can absolutely help you. If it hasn't started, great!!

When I arrived at POP for a 11 day trip to no fridge, I went straight to the front desk and told them I wanted a credit and I would be going to Walmart to buy a mini-fridge. They credited me $15 per day for my stay, $165, way more than the fridge cost. I knew about it in advance, I knew they credited some not others, I was determined I would not be left holding the bag.
Well...don't leave us hanging...did you keep the refrigerator or return it to Wal-Mart for a full refund?!?!?!? 8-)

Wondering the same thing. We have two weeks booked on a free dining bounce back for August 12th through the 24th. Would really love it if there was just some info on what would actually be being done during that time frame.
My travel agent just got me the $75/ night and fast passes for our November stay :)

She was told by Disney when the announcement first came out that they would not offer any discounts, so I don't think she believed they would budge, but they did. Our agent did say that guest services is handling all CBR credit requests, and that is who they transferred her to when she called in. She was frustrated at being told one thing, and then clients are being told another as it makes them look bad...she was able to help many other clients as well, so that was nice :)

Last edited:
I just received a very lengthy email from "DRC Guest Letters" about the construction at CBR. Then towards the end, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience this work will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, you will be receiving a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay." I already received $75/night credit, now another $25! Pretty soon, they will be paying us to stay there. Have other DISers received the same email?

I just received a very lengthy email from "DRC Guest Letters" about the construction at CBR. Then towards the end, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience this work will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, you will be receiving a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay." I already received $75/night credit, now another $25! Pretty soon, they will be paying us to stay there. Have other DISers received the same email?

Yep. Stacked the discounts on top of AP rate and we are staying almost free.

I got the same email, staying 4/21 to 4/30. Still a head scratcher for me as the last CM I spoke to last night was very emphatic that no construction would be occurring while we were there and I was denied the $75 credit in multiple calls from Orbitz to Disney. But since we got a good rate on the room to begin with, I'll take the $225 in gift cards and hope there's nothing particularly disruptive going on that will disturb my napping kids in the middle of the day.

I received this as well. Nice surprise, was satisfied with the discount already received.

The lack of consistency is terrible. My TA had called twice about our fall trip and had been flatly denied. No compensation for us...Yet.

Is there an expected completion date for the renovation? I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but just wanted to ask. We aren't planning on going until September 2018, but since we will be a group of 10 need to start planning and budgeting early.

What trip dates received the email? We're staying in early December and didn't get anything yet.

I'm guessing the same group that received the first email; although, that would require some consistency on their part :rotfl2: My trip is middle of May.

Does anybody have any guesses as to how the $75 room discount could affect a future promotion. Hypothetically speaking, if someone were staying in the fall and was able to call and receive the $75 room discount now and later Disney comes out with a fall room discount or free dining promotion (ie,. A non CBR exclusive discount but one of their usual fall discounts), could a guest receive that discount as well? Or would it be that because they already received a $75 discount on the room they would be ineligible for a later promotion? Also, if someone waited until after a fall promotion came out and received that, could get potentially still be eligible for the construction room credit even though they already received the fall promotion discount?

I know this is all hypothetical, I was just wondering what other people's thoughts are. I am trying to determine what I should do about my August trip.

Does anybody have any guesses as to how the $75 room discount could affect a future promotion. Hypothetically speaking, if someone were staying in the fall and was able to call and receive the $75 room discount now and later Disney comes out with a fall room discount or free dining promotion (ie,. A non CBR exclusive discount but one of their usual fall discounts), could a guest receive that discount as well? Or would it be that because they already received a $75 discount on the room they would be ineligible for a later promotion? Also, if someone waited until after a fall promotion came out and received that, could get potentially still be eligible for the construction room credit even though they already received the fall promotion discount?

I know this is all hypothetical, I was just wondering what other people's thoughts are. I am trying to determine what I should do about my August trip.
As I said already upthread, when a promotion comes out, you are technically making a new reservation, since the promotion only applies to a new reservation, and it supersedes any existing pricing - i.e., if ticket prices change, your new reservation has the new ticket price. You'd be making a new reservation knowing construction would be happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter