Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know what the breakfast and dinner buffet include? Hot items like waffles at breakfast and pasta at dinner etc? Just trying to decide if we should upgrade to the regular dining plan. If the buffet is good the kids might just be happy with that!

I called and spoke with several CM's from the general reservation center to dining to the resort. I wanted to know EXACTLY what was being served due to allergy concern. They were all trying to be helpful, but it was frustrating because I never felt confident that anyone understood my cross contamination concern. Here is a list of items:
Breakfast Buffet: Pancakes, Waffles, Omelets (Possibly a station), Fresh Fruit, Yogurt; Biscuits, meats, Kids meals. I believe that non-buffet options will be available.
Dinner: Wings, Salad, Crab dishes, Squash Soup, Chicken dishes, Vegetarian options, Pizza, Kids meals, pasta.
Lunch: Similar to dinner.
Grab and go: Like QS?: Muffins, yogurt, kids meals, Pineapple, eggs. <---I wrote down pineapple and eggs on my list?? I do not know why?
All meals will be $14.99 - $34.99 Kids: $10.49

Please understand that I am just passing along what I was told. The CM was very kind but kept mentioning Seafood options after I said several times, that Seafood is not an option for us, due to a allergy. The CM suggested that Food Allergies be noted on the reservation.

After speaking with several CM during the phone call, I feel confident that all allergy concerns will be addressed and there will be plenty of food choices for my family.

I called and spoke with several CM's from the general reservation center to dining to the resort. I wanted to know EXACTLY what was being served due to allergy concern. They were all trying to be helpful, but it was frustrating because I never felt confident that anyone understood my cross contamination concern. Here is a list of items:
Breakfast Buffet: Pancakes, Waffles, Omelets (Possibly a station), Fresh Fruit, Yogurt; Biscuits, meats, Kids meals. I believe that non-buffet options will be available.
Dinner: Wings, Salad, Crab dishes, Squash Soup, Chicken dishes, Vegetarian options, Pizza, Kids meals, pasta.
Lunch: Similar to dinner.
Grab and go: Like QS?: Muffins, yogurt, kids meals, Pineapple, eggs. <---I wrote down pineapple and eggs on my list?? I do not know why?
All meals will be $14.99 - $34.99 Kids: $10.49

Please understand that I am just passing along what I was told. The CM was very kind but kept mentioning Seafood options after I said several times, that Seafood is not an option for us, due to a allergy. The CM suggested that Food Allergies be noted on the reservation.

After speaking with several CM during the phone call, I feel confident that all allergy concerns will be addressed and there will be plenty of food choices for my family.
Thanks!:)

Disappointed the Buffet will only have chicken and seafood.

I think the $34.99 is a little high considering the circumstances-will be a GREAT Value for QS Credits!:)

Sorry... as I said I've never stayed there... I assumed it was the bridge that crosses over the lake... I realize now the original post said 'walkways'.

Thank you for the clarification. So I really only go there for check-in & MDE? I have to say the size of the resort is my biggest concern. Only other moderate I've stayed at is POR (well CSR about 16 years ago), and our first stay I hated our walk... we were one of the furthest RR possible. Our 2nd stay I did preferred to minimize walking.

CBR is definitely very spread out. Our first stay was almost 10 years ago and we were placed in Trinidad South (before it was all Pirate rooms) which is the furthest village from Old Port Royal. There were very pleasant walkways around the lake and beaches, however, even at a brisk pace it was still about a 10 - 15 minute walk. HOWEVER! That was only to the food court, gift shop, and main pool.

Each village has its own bus stop that is very convenient to all rooms and a small quiet pool (no themeing). The preferred village/buildings are all of Trinidad North and part of Martinique. At this time, these rooms will still be close to the pool but they will also be close to all the construction starting this month. Jamaica and Aruba are semi-close to the main area being just across the lake and connected to the main area by a bridge (especially buildings 45/46 in Jamaica and 51/52/53 in Aruba). The bridge passes across Caribbean Cay, a quaint little island -- very tropical -- where you will find a playground and quiet places to sit and relax.

While the resort is very spread out, walking is very pleasant. The grounds are beautiful and even the longest walks (10-15 mins) don't feel that long. If you have mobility issues or just don't like to walk, you may want to check if there are any preferred rooms available, if you want to be close to everything. Otherwise, you can just use the bus stop and quiet pool nearest your room. Also, with the construction going on, there will be grab and go markets located in 3 of the villages as well as drink stations for the refillable resort mugs throughout the resort. The list of these exact locations has been updated on the first page/post in this thread as I can't remember them all right now.

I do hope you enjoy this resort as much as my family and I do. Every resort is different and has its own personality and you just have to keep trying until you find the one that best fits you! :)

Thanks!:)

Disappointed the Buffet will only have chicken and seafood.

I think the $34.99 is a little high considering the circumstances-will be a GREAT Value for QS Credits!:)

You are very welcome. Please keep in mind that this probably not a complete list of food items to be served. I also do not know if the $34.99 is the correct amount for the buffet. I called 407-939-1822, I was transferred to dining then transferred to the resort. I am only passing along my experience. Maybe if more people call for information we can get a better understanding of the food selections. I have no doubt that the CM's were doing their job but to be told about the seafood options several times...made me cranky. And, she left it at....make sure your allergy is on the reservation. Disney rarely disappoints it's guests and I do believe that they will work to ensure that a variety of selections will be available.

Last edited:
Can I just give a big shout out to MickeysToonTown for keeping all the information updated during all the chaos! This CBR fan definitely appreciates it!

You are welcome! Thanks to all of my fellow Disers for posting updates to this thread.

The first post has been updated to include the information that @lizzytizzy posted regarding the temporary dining hall.

Hello, just reading the updated first page and it says the refurb is due to complete June 2018. Is that correct, I thought it was on until 2019.

I have booked from the UK and will be staying Dec 18 so this is great news for me if so.

The Disney Travel Agent site is still showing June, 2018 but that is probably not written in stone. Disney often goes over their prospective completion dates and have to file for other permits.

Hey everyone,

I'm currently at CBR, and I wanted to give my input on the pending construction.

Please note that this is all my personal opinion, and preferences in what I loOk for in a resort.

The resort itself is BEAUTIFUL. Huge but beautiful.

That being said if I had a trip booked here in the coming months, I would move it to another resort.
The construction efforts look to be massive from what I've seen. An entire village (Barbados) and part of Martinique are fenced off. Not in a subtle way either, big steel fencing at the roadway.

The main pool is still great, but I am not sure how the construction on the banana cabana pool bar is going to go down, its close enough to the pool you can hear the bartender talk while lounging.

The beach in Martinique has black construction barriers up all around. There are transport trailers and large equipment all around.

I'm lucky enough that they got pushed back.

I haven't seen a freestyle coke machine yet (maybe I haven't looked in the right places).

I haven't had any issues with busses, haven't had to stand yet.

For reference I'm in Martinique at 2525

Hey everyone,

I'm currently at CBR, and I wanted to give my input on the pending construction.

Please note that this is all my personal opinion, and preferences in what I loOk for in a resort.

That being said if I had a trip booked here in the coming months, I would move it to another resort.
The construction efforts look to be massive from what I've seen. An entire village (Barbados) and part of Martinique are fenced off. Not in a subtle way either, big steel fencing at the roadway.

The main pool is still great, but I am not sure how the construction on the banana cabana pool bar is going to go down, its close enough to the pool you can hear the bartender talk while lounging.

The beach in Martinique has black construction barriers up all around. There are transport trailers and large equipment all around.

I haven't seen a freestyle coke machine yet (maybe I haven't looked in the right places).

I'm SO glad I ended up at POR instead I have no regrets losing my gift cards at CBR.I plan on pool time at resort and enjoy food court and walking the grounds.Construction would have affected our vacation mood.

Hey everyone,

Thanks. Sounds perfectly fine to me. Closed buildings means fewer guests, more room on buses. Win/win. That's why we like WL since half of it closed down

Hey everyone,

Have you heard any construction noise yet?

Thank you for your review of the pending construction. Have a great trip :)

My family has reservation for June. With the main food service area closed, I understand the island markets. We like to toast a bagel or muffin in the morning for breakfast. Will there be toasters available at the island markets?? TIA

Hey everyone,

I'd love to see pics if you care to share!! Thanks

Has anyone seen the recreational activities calendar for May yet? I'm interested to see what they have going on with all the construction.

Has anyone seen the recreational activities calendar for May yet? I'm interested to see what they have going on with all the construction.
Oh, good question. Wonder if they'll have movies? Last time we stayed at CBR they were at the pool but I thought I read somewhere they had moved them
DGD has gotten to where she enjoys catching the movies a couple nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter