Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone been able to add free dining to an existing reservation this morning?

I am trying to call but can't get thru. I am booked for Nov. dates with a gift card.
I was able to modify a standard room to add FD at about 1:30 CST. I also saw king and pool view available then. It was for around Labor Day.

So is it just the food court and TS restaurant that are closed? It's hard to tell from all the other sources I keep reading if the pool bar is closed too. (August trip) I am trying to decide on CBR which I love or All star sports. Sports is $600 cheaper but I'm thinking the food court is pretty handy before/after parks. And a pool bar is also an almost must do after dealing with August heat/crowds. :magnify:

We checked in Saturday and got our gift card with no problems. We didn't have to present the email, in fact they sent an email telling us to come to the front desk and left a message on our room phone to come get it. Enjoying our stay so far. We had requested Jamaica 4603, got Jamaica 4614, close to the bridge and the bus stop, which is what we wanted. In room disposable cups don't have lids, had to go to OPR to pick some up. Murphy Bed is working great for my kids (6 and 8) to alternate using. Did have an issue with buses this morning to Animal Kingdom for EMH. Got to the bus stop at 7:00, first Animal Kingdom bus didn't arrive until 7:32 (other folks had been waiting since 6:45). Meanwhile 6 Magic Kingdom buses came through. Bus was standing room only after Aruba, so Barbados got passed over.

We checked in Saturday and got our gift card with no problems. We didn't have to present the email, in fact they sent an email telling is to come to the front desk and left a message on our.room phone to come get it. Enjoying our stay so far. We had requested Jamaica 4603, got Jamaica 4614, close to the bridge and the bus stop, which is what we wanted. In room disposable cups don't have lids, had to go to OPR to pick some up. Murphy Bed is working great for my kids (6 and 8) to alternate using. Did have an issue with buses this morning to Animal Kingdom for EMH. Got to the bus stop at 7:00, first Animal Kingdom bus didn't arrive until 7:32 (other folks had been waiting since 6:45). Meanwhile 6 Magic Kingdom buses came through. Bus was standing room only after Aruba, so Barbados got passed over.
Did you get one gift card with the total amount?

Yes, it's all on a single gift card with a construction worker Mickey on it. Don't know if it would be possible for them to split it up.
That was my next question! I'm sharing the room with friends so that would be nice. Otherwise I'm just keeping the whole thing and sending them cash because I'm definitely the biggest Disney spender of the group :P

Has anyone had any luck booking anything other than the pirate rooms with the fall room discount? My TA is MIA and I've been trying to modify my reservation to include a room discount but to no avail.

We were able to add free dining to our standard room Sept 7-21 reservation and later this afternoon, modified it to Sept 6-20 standard room free dining.

I cannot, however, find any standard room reservations for any values for a 14 day stay with free dining.

We were able to add free dining to our standard room Sept 7-21 reservation and later this afternoon, modified it to Sept 6-20 standard room free dining.

I cannot, however, find any standard room reservations for any values for a 14 day stay with free dining.
Same here. There was no availability showing online for my dates and it wouldn't give me the option to change my reservation online. Finally got through on the phone and they modified to get the free dining. Since my reservation number stayed the same, the CM assured me I'd still get the gift cards I was offered at time of booking!

Newbie to the boards and most things Disney and I'm afraid I have screwed up. I booked a room only for 10 days at CBR before the March 20 cutoff. I realized my days fell into the free dining offer, and not knowing any other way, I bought 10 day park hopper tickets from Disney separately. I did not have the option to modify my reservation to get free dining so I called. I am being told now that I still have to book a room and ticket package to qualify...and am being required to add 2-day park hoppers. Does this sound correct? Thanks in advance for the help.

It would appear that a number of Standard rooms opened up for all the mods for Free Dining later this afternoon. I chose CBR because it was the least expensive of the mods and we've never stayed there. I am debating between CBR and Pop. I plan to decide tonight and release what we aren't using. I got Pop preferred this morning at 6:30 and CBR Standard at about 4:30 pm. I am leaning heavily toward CBR for the grounds, the larger rooms, the pool and the overall feel. But, Pop is $450 cheaper.
I am pretty sure my mind is made up though. I'd love to give CBR a try even with the construction. I will be requesting to be as far as possible from construction though.

Newbie to the boards and most things Disney and I'm afraid I have screwed up. I booked a room only for 10 days at CBR before the March 20 cutoff. I realized my days fell into the free dining offer, and not knowing any other way, I bought 10 day park hopper tickets from Disney separately. I did not have the option to modify my reservation to get free dining so I called. I am being told now that I still have to book a room and ticket package to qualify...and am being required to add 2-day park hoppers. Does this sound correct? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you have to buy a package in order to qualify for free dining so you'll have to add tickets and park hoppers.
Edit because I see you already bought tickets but yes you'll have to buy the tickets from Disney

Yes you have to buy a package in order to qualify for free dining so you'll have to add tickets and park hoppers.
Would I be able to use my 10 day park hoppers instead of the tickets booked with the package, and then re-assign the packaged 2 day tickets to others?

We're going 9/23-30 and have the gift card. If anyone is dropping those dates please let me know. We have been saving for three years and would love to score free dining to make it more affordable. And we booked months ago with a travel agent. Probably won't do that again. Should have just come here to learn and do it myself. I watched as rooms in our date dropped she couldn't get :(

That's disheartening, thanks for the confirmation though. Maybe something will open up if I keep my eye on it...
Standard room is available for my 7 night stay late August into early September. There was also an 8 night stay available in standard at the end of September when I checked for a friend yesterday.

We're going 9/23-30 and have the gift card. If anyone is dropping those dates please let me know. We have been saving for three years and would love to score free dining to make it more affordable. And we booked months ago with a travel agent. Probably won't do that again. Should have just come here to learn and do it myself. I watched as rooms in our date dropped she couldn't get :(

2 years ago I used TA after a week she was able to change reservation to FD, and was able to get me exactly what I wanted, Standard room, FD, 7 nights first week in Sept. I know I was a pain, and did feel sorry she had to go through calling and dealing with not just me, but other people. Last years 2 FD trips I booked with Disney web site.

FYI: I just checked to see if any deals were available for my dates in August. I already booked but after the GC deal. Yes, the Summer Deal was available. I saved over $100.00

I have a reservation for the middle of September and I did receive the email regarding the gift card. Has any one here tried and successfully added FD and the GC to their trip? Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter